BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #23
lolo-comp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

AMEX dispute has been closed, you have been paid, money is off hold as promised. Just did it online so dispute is definitely closed.

You made an interesting comment:

"OP stated he did not want it and was filing a claim/chargeback with AMEX. As a result of that conversation we went ahead and requested with UPS the package be sent back so the customer would not need to deal with return labels, RMA's and all that jazz. OP promptly requests UPS to hold the package at the hub for pickup instead."

Thats not how the conversation went.

I indeed stated that if I couldn't get it by morning that I didnt want it and couldn't use it. I was told dead on that I had to pay for return shipping. Rep said there was no way around it, nothing he could do about it and basically tough sh!t. If I decided not to accept it then I was paying to ship it back. Why else would I need to file a dispute if you were making me whole?

So, because of that conversation I immediately opened a claim as I told the rep on the phone I was going to do and the conversation was basically "you do what you gotta do and we'll do what we gotta do". At no time was I ever told they were going to return the package to sender at their expense. So let's clear that up. I didnt know you were submitting a RTS (return to sender) and I was actually on the phone requesting HUB pick up while you were submitting your RTS. The time stamp shows 7 minutes between the two submissions so it was nearly simultaneous.

The idea of picking up at the HUB came from my local UPS rep who made it happen. I had to do all of the leg work, make all of the phone calls, do 30 miles of driving each way and coordinate everything. Again, I did everything and 4 of you guys couldn't do anything.

Drama is concluded, the world is back to normal, stars have aligned. Enjoy the rest of the day
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 07:27 PM   #24
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Perhaps off topic but when I had the res delete done (straight pipes, not X), the increase in volume, burbles etc was pretty significant definitely more than 10%...
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #25
wl512
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

I agree return shipping should have been paid since the ball was dropped by Dinan. And they should make sure tech sales/customer service/Griffin won't continue to make false promises or statements. Both are enough to leave behind a negative impression.

But just my $0.02 lolo-comp, this hobby is much enjoyable if we don't create arbitrary deadlines for ourselves and actually allow room for Murphy's law. Glad you ended up getting the install done, I'm sure it sounds great. Apologies if my input about the volume levels was off!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:29 AM   #26
lolo-comp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

BMWZ4/Wlin702:

I went back and watched Jeebus' video and I think we are both on the same page. His review was nearly identical to my opinions. In most modes he stated that you wouldn't even know that any modifications were done to the car and in sport plus he found the sound to be improved and not obtrusive at all.

I would agree with his sentiments. Keep in mind that I have a competition exhaust and he didnt so for him perhaps he got that competition sound that he was missing. For me, I already had the competition sound so the improvements and sound changes were perhaps more minimal in the sport and sport plus modes than his was.

So, I stand behind the 10% overall loudness gains on the comp exhaust. I dont know what you heard with straight pipe/resonator delete, but on the X pipe/resonator delete the improvements are minimal. If it was a $200 pipe I would say do it, but for a $500 pipe plus 2 hours of shop labor time, I just don't feel it is worth cutting the factory exhaust and paying $700 for a 10% improvement.

Thats my review
Appreciate 0