BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-20-2021, 01:49 PM   #375
abh2188
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
hol up. what’s up with “32Z”? why would bmw digital key be deleted?

that’s the only reason why I waited for the LCI rather than getting into a MY21 model.
I saw the same thing my allocation today. Is it because the wireless charger is not available currently and you need to keep the key on the charger to start the car?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 01:52 PM   #376
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh2188 View Post
Quote:
hol up. what’s up with “32Z”? why would bmw digital key be deleted?

that’s the only reason why I waited for the LCI rather than getting into a MY21 model.
I saw the same thing my allocation today. Is it because the wireless charger is not available currently and you need to keep the key on the charger to start the car?
Turned off due to chip shortage. Nobody will get it for the time being.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 01:54 PM   #377
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abh2188 View Post
Digital Key requires the NFC pad (or Wireless Charger with NFC) and the NFC driver's side door handle.

Given that 32Z is advertised even on bmw.de as a no cost option with Comfort Access, I'm assuming there is a chip shortage for the NFC sensors which is why they're not fitting them.

However that does puzzle me, since the door handle and the NFC pad are all interchangeable and still available on the X5 and X6 which are also made in Spartanburg. Only exception is that those vehicles have the Wireless Charging removed. Guessing there just aren't enough NFC pads.

I'm hoping my order doesn't get 32Z on it, but given it was also listed as a no cost option, I don't have much faith that it'll come with the digital key.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 02:12 PM   #378
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
Digital Key requires the NFC pad (or Wireless Charger with NFC) and the NFC driver's side door handle.

Given that 32Z is advertised even on bmw.de as a no cost option with Comfort Access, I'm assuming there is a chip shortage for the NFC sensors which is why they're not fitting them.

However that does puzzle me, since the door handle and the NFC pad are all interchangeable and still available on the X5 and X6 which are also made in Spartanburg. Only exception is that those vehicles have the Wireless Charging removed. Guessing there just aren't enough NFC pads.

I'm hoping my order doesn't get 32Z on it, but given it was also listed as a no cost option, I don't have much faith that it'll come with the digital key.
yeah 32Z is also on the UK site. its basically assumed that ALL X3s wont be getting digital key.

but TIL that the door handles are the same for the X5 and X6… which means a retrofit may be capable in the future.

please test it out for us
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #379
iSpY
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

Is BMW still supporting the digital key for other models except X3? It's strange they decide to keep this option away from the best seller and give priority to others.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #380
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispy View Post
Is BMW still supporting the digital key for other models except X3? It's strange they decide to keep this option away from the best seller and give priority to others.
i briefly browsed the X5/X6 forums and same thing. i dont see “32Z” on their build sheets but newer production cars will most likely have digital key and wireless charging removed from their build according to their CAs.
Appreciate 1
iSpY21.00
      07-20-2021, 03:32 PM   #381
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispy View Post
i briefly browsed the X5/X6 forums and same thing. i dont see "32Z" on their build sheets but newer production cars will most likely have digital key and wireless charging removed from their build according to their CAs.
I have an X5 on order as well and I don't have the deletion in that car. So, I assume I'll get it in the X5. X5s have priority over X3s.

Wireless charging and HK is supposedly turned off in X5s as well, but it does not show up like that yet.
Appreciate 1
iSpY21.00
      07-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #382
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
i briefly browsed the X5/X6 forums and same thing. i dont see “32Z” on their build sheets but newer production cars will most likely have digital key and wireless charging removed from their build according to their CAs.
The big difference is that 32Z doesn't show up on any other BMW in their configurators (G42 2 Series included) and only on the X3/X4 LCI in www.bmw.de and www.bmw.co.uk.

Still, I'm not too sure why they're only excluding it on the X3/X4

EDIT: I stand corrected. The 3 Series and 5 Series also has deletion of digital key as well advertised on the respective sites. However the deletion doesn't appear for the M3/M4 on the configurator however.

Last edited by Tim@codemybimmer; 07-20-2021 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 04:31 PM   #383
iSpY
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The big difference is that 32Z doesn't show up on any other BMW in their configurators (G42 2 Series included) and only on the X3/X4 LCI in www.bmw.de and www.bmw.co.uk.

Still, I'm not too sure why they're only excluding it on the X3/X4

EDIT: I stand corrected. The 3 Series and 5 Series also has deletion of digital key as well advertised on the respective sites. However the deletion doesn't appear for the M3/M4 on the configurator however.
Thanks! Looks like at least X3 is not the only model that gets affected. Hope things will improve soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 05:12 PM   #384
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Guys. Check this out.

Apparently there is a guy where I ordered my car that built an individual malachite green X3M competition. With Sahkir Orange interior.

So he has: green, red, black from the shadow line, and blue from the calipers.

He wins the unique X3M game!

I can bet my behind that his deposit is non-refundable 🤣
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #385
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
So he has: green, red, black from the shadow line, and blue from the calipers.
that's.... a ballsy combo.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 08:43 AM   #386
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List

GOOOD NEWWWSSSSS… ish. (for those who care…)

soooo because i have no life, i’ve been searching the internets and have found conflictinggg information on the infamous 32Z (deletion of BMW Key). some have said the feature will not be built into the vehicle at all and some have even alluded to the fact that only the key itself (the NFC card) will not be included with the build, but the NFC tray and door handle is still built into the vehicle (even without the wireless charger).

so i called BMW Genius and I got Jerry. I asked about 32Z and he looked into the information that he had. according to him, 32Z means that the BMW Digital Key (NFC Card itself) will NOT be included with the build, but the car WILL have the NFC reader (tray and door handle) and will STILL support Apple CarKey. I’m beyond ecstatic if this is true because that’s the main feature that i wanted with the vehicle. lmaooo. i’ve again also confirmed that the car won’t be getting HK audio (only “Hi-Fi”) and that we won’t have the option for laser lights at this time.

Oh, and the mybmw website is slow to update. my vehicle “went into production” last night and the Genius provided me with the last 7 digits of my VIN. Scheduled to be completed by August 5th so right on time for week 31 build.

that’s all i got for now. no word on ordering guides yet LMAO

anywho, time to go back to searching for parts for my mod build…
Appreciate 3
f82fanatic1043.00
iSpY21.00
      07-21-2021, 10:05 AM   #387
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Quote:

soooo because i have no life, i’ve been searching the internets and have found conflictinggg information on the infamous 32Z (deletion of BMW Key). some have said the feature will not be built into the vehicle at all and some have even alluded to the fact that only the key itself (the NFC card) will not be included with the build, but the NFC tray and door handle is still built into the vehicle (even without the wireless charger).

so i called BMW Genius and I got Jerry. I asked about 32Z and he looked into the information that he had. according to him, 32Z means that the BMW Digital Key (NFC Card itself) will NOT be included with the build, but the car WILL have the NFC reader (tray and door handle) and will STILL support Apple CarKey. I’m beyond ecstatic if this is true because that’s the main feature that i wanted with the vehicle. lmaooo. i’ve again also confirmed that the car won’t be getting HK audio (only “Hi-Fi”) and that we won’t have the option for laser lights at this time.

Oh, and the mybmw website is slow to update. my vehicle “went into production” last night and the Genius provided me with the last 7 digits of my VIN. Scheduled to be completed by August 5th so right on time for week 31 build.

Congrats! I also went into production last night and have a vin. I squeezed my build changes in just in time!
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #388
ngc_choop
Rep
Drives: '22 X3M Comp '20 MK5 Supra

Got an update yesterday that my Brooklyn Gray / Tartufo X3MC went into production yesterday.

Should get here the same time as my Dravit Gray M3!
Appreciate 2
f82fanatic1043.00
danniexi3050.00
      07-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #389
X3mcesq
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_choop View Post
Got an update yesterday that my Brooklyn Gray / Tartufo X3MC went into production yesterday.

I got a 2021 X3MC about a month ago. I'm following all you 2022 folks on here… I'm expecting pictures specifically of the new front and back end, and the entire center "shift" area. If i had waited i would have went Brooklyn Grey also. No question. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #390
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngc_choop View Post
F97 AND a G80?

obligatory…

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #391
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

LOL

Quote:
F97 AND a G80?

obligatory…

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 01:20 PM   #392
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Yesss. So what is your completion day guys? Mine is August 2!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #393
JP30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X3M Comp

I can't wait to see all of these BG/Sakhir combos.
Seems like we might be seeing them being delivered by mid-August!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 02:20 PM   #394
iSpY
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the GREAT news! You are the man!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 02:35 PM   #395
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP30 View Post
I can't wait to see all of these BG/Sakhir combos.
Seems like we might be seeing them being delivered by mid-August!
August 4
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 03:45 PM   #396
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

I guess I am the only BG/Alcantara beige inserts Production complete eta for me is 8/5
Appreciate 0