BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #331
CH_M3f80
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3MC LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
HK audio is standard it "comes" with our cars automatically too. And it shows up in our order. The problem is that we've been told by BMWNA cs reps that even if it is there, it won't arrive in our cars. It is likely that this is the case for your too.

No info about the calipers, we just know that they are not available here in the us yet… hopefully you'll get lucky with both of these options.
So HK Audio System will be definetly NOT in our X3MC's?
What we get instead of HK? Base system or a little bit better the HiFi Audio System?

Br
Nic
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 10:01 AM   #332
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH_M3f80 View Post
Quote:
HK audio is standard it "comes" with our cars automatically too. And it shows up in our order. The problem is that we've been told by BMWNA cs reps that even if it is there, it won't arrive in our cars. It is likely that this is the case for your too.

No info about the calipers, we just know that they are not available here in the us yet… hopefully you'll get lucky with both of these options.
So HK Audio System will be definetly NOT in our X3MC's?
What we get instead of HK? Base system or a little bit better the HiFi Audio System?

Br
Nic
Few things are definite in this life, but it all points to not having HK on any X3s for the time being.

We get the barebones, regular sound system.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 10:59 AM   #333
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Few things are definite in this life, but it all points to not having HK on any X3s for the time being.

I would say it would be the Hi-Fi system and not the absolute base one, given Hi-Fi is standard on the '21 30i, M40i and M, least in Canada. Though HK is standard for '22 M in Canada, we won't know until we get the VIN and can look it up.

HK shortage would mainly be due to the amp if we're just looking at the reason why they're short.

Same reason with the Digital Key and a lack of NFC chips (only required on the centre console where wireless charging is and the driver's side door handle.) I imagine if it really came down to it, we'd be able to retrofit it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:03 AM   #334
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
Quote:

I would say it would be the Hi-Fi system and not the absolute base one, given Hi-Fi is standard on the '21 30i, M40i and M, least in Canada. Though HK is standard for '22 M in Canada, we won't know until we get the VIN and can look it up.

HK shortage would mainly be due to the amp if we're just looking at the reason why they're short.

Same reason with the Digital Key and a lack of NFC chips (only required on the centre console where wireless charging is and the driver's side door handle.) I imagine if it really came down to it, we'd be able to retrofit it.
My bad, I thought the base one was the hi-fi system. I am unsure then! I'll go with your thoughts on this.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:26 AM   #335
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
that’d be awesome if we could.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #336
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

I could be mistaken, but the HK system will have extra speakers compared to the others, so if its only an Amp issue it would be nice if they at least get all the speakers in there that come with the HK and then we only have to worry about the Amp/DSP which is a much easier upgrade ....

Hopefully this will all start clearing up soon

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 12:21 PM   #337
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
LMFT4U

Quote:
... I imagine if it really came down to it, they should retrofit it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 12:27 PM   #338
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looks like I'm the only one with a build that has entered production and we are all week 31 here. Something is up with my car. Maybe it's because it's not a competition X3M or that I have an individual interior color. These features are clearly diferente than everyone else's here.

But I'm just speculating for fun, haha.
I had just followed up with my SA and got my VIN. Also ordered in Marina Bay Blue w/ Tartufo but for an X4Mc. Guess they're producing this colour first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
LMFT4U
Especially when I saw the credit somewhere (US or Canadian orders, not too sure) where it's only $70... c'mon throw us a bone and just give us the NFC door handle and NFC pad and call it a day!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #339
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Looks like I'm the only one with a build that has entered production and we are all week 31 here. Something is up with my car. Maybe it's because it's not a competition X3M or that I have an individual interior color. These features are clearly diferente than everyone else's here.

But I'm just speculating for fun, haha.
I had just followed up with my SA and got my VIN. Also ordered in Marina Bay Blue w/ Tartufo but for an X4Mc. Guess they're producing this colour first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
LMFT4U
Especially when I saw the credit somewhere (US or Canadian orders, not too sure) where it's only $70... c'mon throw us a bone and just give us the NFC door handle and NFC pad and call it a day!
This car is going to look amazing. Congrats.

My money is on tartufo having a head start in the production schedule.

Did your SA say anything about HK? And it's credit? Did he have access to the order with the vin?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #340
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Quote:

Yep, they are probably batching the colors. Congrats on your build!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 01:23 PM   #341
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
They probably realized that once they get f82fanatic's car out of way they can paint all remaining week 31 orders with Brooklyn Grey

My BGM build still shows as scheduled for production. Was hoping for a change this morning but we still have 2 weeks to wrap up the week 31 builds.
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-19-2021, 02:07 PM   #342
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List

it’s barely been a week since i’ve put the order in but im getting impatient.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 02:16 PM   #343
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post

it’s barely been a week since i’ve put the order in but im getting impatient.
Right there with you!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 02:39 PM   #344
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did your SA say anything about HK? And it's credit? Did he have access to the order with the vin?
No nothing yet. Only know that it's production date is Week 31 with no other details from the VIN yet. We'll probably have access to it in the next week or two.

Quote:
Thanks! I'll also be one of the few who opted for Ash Trunkwood Open-Pored Wood instead of Carbon Fibre. Was on the fence but guess I'm stuck with it now
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 02:49 PM   #345
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
They probably realized that once they get f82fanatic's car out of way they can paint all remaining week 31 orders with Brooklyn Grey

My BGM build still shows as scheduled for production. Was hoping for a change this morning but we still have 2 weeks to wrap up the week 31 builds.

You may be right! With my luck the machine will not be able to produce BG until it gets a software update.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 02:51 PM   #346
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

I just heard that we will be able to delete the pano roof from the Exec package, as option 'ZDM - sunroof delete' will be available. Apparently the correct ordering configurations will go live for all Dealers nationally within 24-48 hours. It isn't clear to me whether this will be a stand-alone option ability like Baylorguy would want (e.g., not having to buy M Driver's Pkg to delete the glass), or whether it'll still be tied to that.

Was also told that since HK is shown as standard on the M models that it is 'supposed' to continue getting it, just that other models which might want to upgrade to HK may not be able to do until the shortage (or whatever the issue is with the supply chain) is cleared.

We should know more concrete details in the next day or so as the Dealers get this information, but at least this is encouraging news for those of us interested in ordering a 'non-pano'd' LCI. Might be worth checking with your Dealers for updates in the next few days after they receive the updated ordering guides and codes.

Last edited by Max Well; 07-19-2021 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5888.50
      07-19-2021, 05:48 PM   #347
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
I just heard that we will be able to delete the pano roof from the Exec package, as option 'ZDM - sunroof delete' will be available. Apparently the correct ordering configurations will go live for all Dealers nationally within 24-48 hours. It isn't clear to me whether this will be a stand-alone option ability like Baylorguy would want (e.g., not having to buy M Driver's Pkg to delete the glass), or whether it'll still be tied to that.

Was also told that since HK is shown as standard on the M models that it is 'supposed' to continue getting it, just that other models which might want to upgrade to HK may not be able to do until the shortage (or whatever the issue is with the supply chain) is cleared.

We should know more concrete details in the next day or so as the Dealers get this information, but at least this is encouraging news for those of us interested in ordering a 'non-pano'd' LCI. Might be worth checking with your Dealers for updates in the next few days after they receive the updated ordering guides and codes.
Great news! Any idea what the savings will be for pano delete?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 06:42 PM   #348
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpdpm View Post
Great news! Any idea what the savings will be for pano delete?
Probably around $750, if they could not supply it due to a Chip shortage you would get a $250 discount...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #349
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

How late in the game can we typically change exterior and interior colors? And would that cause a delay?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 07:46 PM   #350
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How late in the game can we typically change exterior and interior colors? And would that cause a delay?
anytime before the car is in production (status 112). the moment it's in status 150 you can't change the build.

since you're week 31, if you plan on changing anything, you need to do it NOW before it's too late.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 07:59 PM   #351
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
Quote:
anytime before the car is in production (status 112). the moment it's in status 150 you can't change the build.

since you're week 31, if you plan on changing anything, you need to do it NOW before it's too late.
Wow. I got lucky then. I made a change to my order (switched wheels) and entered production like 3 hours after making that change. Close call!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 09:11 PM   #352
nmiller1984
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Finalized my order today for a BGM SO X3MC. Pumped!

One question I have is the 892M wheels. The press release states they are jet black burnished but when I look on the order sheet, it shows bi-color. Any insight as I'd really love the jet back wheels w/ BG colorway.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf miller.x3mbuildsheet.pdf (293.6 KB, 83 views)
Appreciate 0