BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #199
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Some good news and bad news:

The pricing guide is out… yay!

The bad news is that they are confidential until the BMW website is updated…

But with this info, you can ask away at your dealer, they'll know for sure what they can and cannot add to the build.

Or maybe try to pry the list from them and share? 😜.

I wasn't successful at that…
I just called BMWNA and they confirmed they have it. But that they won't give it to me.

At least we know the TRUTH now! 🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #200
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
Quote:
One other thing: also confirmed that calipers can't be changed from blue and that the digital key is deleted.

And just as an FYI. Being moved to "scheduled for production" means the car will start production imminently, it should start any day now, per BMWNA.
Thank you so much for checking and harassing them hahaha I'll be in Miami end of July and let me buy you a drink or something for all the trouble.

But man that is stupid. Doesn't make any sense as to why only blue is available while m40i have the option to change it.

As for the deletion key, what does that mean?
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-09-2021, 04:59 PM   #201
RSASupra
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i, 2022 X3M Comp…

Garage List
Thanks to the info in this thread, I was able to get a 2022 ordered earlier this week.

I’m hoping that the digital key and wireless phone charger might free up before production finishes, but I’m not holding my breath…

Also, has anyone heard details on a CF exterior package?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #202
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Quote:
One other thing: also confirmed that calipers can't be changed from blue and that the digital key is deleted.

And just as an FYI. Being moved to "scheduled for production" means the car will start production imminently, it should start any day now, per BMWNA.
Thank you so much for checking and harassing them hahaha I'll be in Miami end of July and let me buy you a drink or something for all the trouble.

But man that is stupid. Doesn't make any sense as to why only blue is available while m40i have the option to change it.

As for the deletion key, what does that mean?
It looks like they half-assed the whole process. Lots of inconsistencies and random stuff going on 🤷*♂️

From the people I've talked to, nobody really knows why. They speculate like we do. Haha.

Let's get a cold one when you stop by Miami!
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-09-2021, 05:10 PM   #203
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iRN View Post
…apparently the pano is going back on as you can't delete it from exec package and I'm getting exec package
That wasn't true on the pre-LCI models, as I did just that (by ordering the M Driver's Pkg for $2500 they automatically deleted the pano and gave a $1300 deduction from the Exec pkg, so ended up essentially paying $1200 for the full day Advanced M School and speed-limiter removal from the factory to 177mph).

Here's my order from 2019 - seems the wireless charger isn't included in the current Exec pack compared with pre-LCI, at least with the orders shown in this thread. Hope your info is wrong about the pano not being able to be deleted from Exec with M Driver's order...
Attached Images

Last edited by Max Well; 07-10-2021 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Corrected 'you're' to 'your'
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-09-2021, 05:21 PM   #204
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

I see that a lot of you have the space-saving spare. Did you request it or it came automatically?

I have the mobility kit in its stead, and I believe it is because I asked for it. It looks like it's an either/or situation.

Should I replace it for a spare? Your opinions are encouraged!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #205
evo-mike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport

Quote:
I see that a lot of you have the space-saving spare. Did you request it or it came automatically?

I have the mobility kit in its stead, and I believe it is because I asked for it. It looks like it's an either/or situation.

No, you definitely want the mobility kit. The spare adds 4-5 inches of height to the floor and makes it hard to keep stuff falling out of the back
Appreciate 2
f82fanatic1043.00
Frank_NJ556.00
      07-09-2021, 07:53 PM   #206
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesnewbmw View Post
Congrats to all three of you on your X3M builds. I keep wondering with all these "additions/deletions" its somewhat of a crap-shoot from week to week - even when the order/price guides are out. How up to date is the dealer (not his/her fault) - I was in manufacturing for thirty years (non-automotive) -and the last people we ever told about anything were the salespeople! "Don't confuse them with details" was the mantra. "Sell what we have" - never what's coming next week. But no way of knowing. Enjoy the excitement of your builds.
My dealer has access to what they need to build but not the guide that gives all the specifics. Frustrating. Until they get the guide which I was told would be end of July early August, my order won't be official where changes can no longer be made. We're basically having it ready to go.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 07:58 PM   #207
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSASupra View Post
Thanks to the info in this thread, I was able to get a 2022 ordered earlier this week.

I'm hoping that the digital key and wireless phone charger might free up before production finishes, but I'm not holding my breath…

Also, has anyone heard details on a CF exterior package?
I asked about carbon fiber pack and he had no info on it. Your list has a better breakdown. I was told the exec pack includes pano without being able to do anything at this time. I hope I can delete the shades as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 07:59 PM   #208
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Automatic
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 08:01 PM   #209
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats to all three of you on your X3M builds. I keep wondering with all these "additions/deletions" its somewhat of a crap-shoot from week to week - even when the order/price guides are out. How up to date is the dealer (not his/her fault) - I was in manufacturing for thirty years (non-automotive) -and the last people we ever told about anything were the salespeople! "Don't confuse them with details" was the mantra. "Sell what we have" - never what's coming next week. But no way of knowing. Enjoy the excitement of your builds.
My dealer has access to what they need to build but not the guide that gives all the specifics. Frustrating. Until they get the guide which I was told would be end of July early August, my order won't be official where changes can no longer be made. We're basically having it ready to go.
But the guide exists. They need to ask for it! So frustrating…
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #210
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Why don't you call BMWNA and specifically ask for whatever options you need? They have the guide available. The person that answered was willing to go through it with me. I asked questions, he looked and answered them.

Maybe that helps clear doubts! Or you can get the codes for your dealership to punch them in
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #211
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why don't you call BMWNA and specifically ask for whatever options you need? They have the guide available. The person that answered was willing to go through it with me. I asked questions, he looked and answered them.

Maybe that helps clear doubts! Or you can get the codes for your dealership to punch them in
Thank you for the suggestion. I will reach out on Monday. I was ordering a 2021 when I was locked out of 2021 last month. I guess if BMW is going to lock people out of 2021, BMW should have the ability to order 2022 soon thereafter. I'm glad I paid for my place in line but was told east coast gets allocations after west coast due to demand
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 09:27 PM   #212
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I will reach out on Monday. I was ordering a 2021 when I was locked out of 2021 last month. I guess if BMW is going to lock people out of 2021, BMW should have the ability to order 2022 soon thereafter. I'm glad I paid for my place in line but was told east coast gets allocations after west coast due to demand
sorry, not following, what prevents you from ordering a 2022 right now?
There are example orders in this thread that list the known '22 color, package and individual option order codes. Yes, we're missing a comprehensive options guide but all major options (and exclusions) have been covered here, you can always have your SA inquire directly with BMW for other items.

Allocations are specific to dealers, I'm also on the east coast and wasted several weeks waiting for a specific dealer to get an allocation for a '21, which never materialized. I then reached out to a broker that hunted down an allocation for me and had an order placed for a '22 within 2 days. Production # received same day.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 09:46 PM   #213
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi

f82fanatic: Thanks for trying to get the X3M/X4M guides. Hopefully someone can pry it loose from a dealer! What's the big secret? Ridiculous if you want to sell cars
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #214
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
Quote:
There are example orders in this thread that list the known '22 color, package and individual option order codes. Yes, we're missing a comprehensive options guide but all major options (and exclusions) have been covered here, you can always have your SA inquire directly with BMW for other items.

Allocations are specific to dealers, I'm also on the east coast and wasted several weeks waiting for a specific dealer to get an allocation for a '21, which never materialized. I then reached out to a broker that hunted down an allocation for me and had an order placed for a '22 within 2 days. Production # received same day.
Never done that before and am new to the idea. Quick research would support 8-10% of the vehicle price. My current lease is good through December and dealer said likely end of July early August for ordering. Not gonna spend that much more on something that's going to happen anyway when I have 5 months to go. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #215
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
f82fanatic: Thanks for trying to get the X3M/X4M guides. Hopefully someone can pry it loose from a dealer! What's the big secret? Ridiculous if you want to sell cars
I get the dealership, they are worried about getting flack from BMW if they release the list.

I don't get BMW, not updating the configurator and not giving us the option list either!
Appreciate 2
X3MCRN174.50
      07-09-2021, 10:25 PM   #216
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Never done that before and am new to the idea. Quick research would support 8-10% of the vehicle price. My current lease is good through December and dealer said likely end of July early August for ordering. Not gonna spend that much more on something that's going to happen anyway when I have 5 months to go. Thoughts?
What I would do in your shoes:

Check the resale price of your car. If it's higher than the residual, plan your acquisition now and order the X3M to get your car in Mid/late August.

Your dealership can order as soon as they have an allocation, but if they order now, your car will arrive earlier than your lease expires. They are either timing your purchase (giving those coveted slots to someone that actually wants the car right now) or they don't have an allocation and are waiting for one. If they have an allocation, they can order today. Period.

If you are not in much of a hurry and want a better price, the more sensible idea is to wait.

I want my car yesterday, so I'm willing to pay a bit more and get isht 💩 financing programs.

Good luck.
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN174.50
      07-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #217
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What I would do in your shoes:

Check the resale price of your car. If it's higher than the residual, plan your acquisition now and order the X3M to get your car in Mid/late August.

Your dealership can order as soon as they have an allocation, but if they order now, your car will arrive earlier than your lease expires. They are either timing your purchase (giving those coveted slots to someone that actually wants the car right now) or they don't have an allocation and are waiting for one. If they have an allocation, they can order today. Period.

If you are not in much of a hurry and want a better price, the more sensible idea is to wait.

I want my car yesterday, so I'm willing to pay a bit more and get isht 💩 financing programs.

Good luck.
I am okay getting it in October, but yes, he told me he has no allocations at the moment. I would like it now though, lol! I already have a guy picking it up with a trailer to paint correct, ppf, and ceramic coat before I even drive it.
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-10-2021, 02:58 AM   #218
Sylvester Istalong
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

I am trying to get a realistic pricing on the X3M for 2022 model year. Is this going for MSRP, above MSRP, or below MSRP? I am flipping a coin between X3M and the G80 Comp. But the it seems impossible to get an allocation for the G80.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 03:08 AM   #219
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester Istalong View Post
I am trying to get a realistic pricing on the X3M for 2022 model year. Is this going for MSRP, above MSRP, or below MSRP? I am flipping a coin between X3M and the G80 Comp. But the it seems impossible to get an allocation for the G80.
X3M comp fully loaded minus driver's assistance pack should be around 85
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 06:18 AM   #220
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester Istalong View Post
YMMV, but below MSRP should be your goal.

Maybe MSRP if you are in a bad city with bad dealerships.

Definitely not above MSRP.

Message me if you are serious, I have a broker that I can vouch for that has allocations at 6% off MSRP before incentives.

G80s are available too if you look with a broker, but right now probably at MSRP.
Appreciate 0