BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-24-2021, 07:43 PM   #1
ColinB.E83
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 E83 3.0si

E83 looking to do something unique (1of1?)

First post on here so we'll see how it goes. Hope there's some life out there. I've recently acquired a decently low mileage 2008 X3 3.0si for a great price and quickly realized (also somewhat assumed beforehand) that aftermarket with this car is very limited. This sparked something inside me to step outside the box and push a smaller SUV/SAV to its limits and i've become a bit obsessed. And with the N52 under the hood, what a perfect car. (maybe) Now I assume that people have posted before asking to achieve 300 Hp etc, but that's not the case here. I mainly picked up the X3 as it was something perfect in size for my current needs and handles more so like a car than other larger SUVs would, also its a beautiful car. So far in my research I've dove into a full suspension setup that seems to fit what I'd like but the power mods seem limited/non existent, once again not going for numbers just pure enjoyment and enthusiast aspect. My goal is to make the E83 a more fun daily car that can handle corners and fun roads as well as the SUV will allow but also have some decent friendly competition, not looking to gap hellcats. The main point of this thread was to see if anyone had any prior knowledge to fitting similar N52 engine components onto the E83 n52, specifically the N52B30O0. This is the same variant as the 2006 e60 5 series and similar year e90 330s I believe, pushing around 260-265hp with the 3 stage intake manifold from factory. So would things such as headers/air intakes possibly be able to fit into the E83? I've taken looks at the ESS supercharger and other systems for down the road potentially but those would take some slight adjustment to make work so planning on sticking to N/A for now the most part. (also an N/A enthusiast) "Dream" setup as of now if possible would be coilovers with camber plates/adjustment rods for full performance capability, upgraded sway bars and such to improve handling and reduce roll as much as possible. Then, given it works, full headers + custom exhaust and a tune to top it all off, expecting 270-280ish hp but thats not a big deal, just looking to wake the car up some more and enjoy something different. Any help would be greatly appreciated even if not related to anything I talked about as I am relatively new to the E83 chassis but very familiar with N52s. Looking forward to (hopefully) doing something never done before. Thanks for reading, stay safe everyone.
Appreciate 0