BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-23-2021, 05:42 PM   #1
Denver X
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive M-Package

Garage List
LCM Coding for a 2007 X3 (E83)

Has anyone managed to Recode a used LCM for a 2007 X3? I started to have the broken light warning symbol flicker on the dash. Ran ISTA and it told me that the voltage on one of the KL_30A terminals was low. It measured 10 volt on one pin and 13.4 on the other 30A pin in ISTA. I measured the leads on the harness and both were good. I got hold of a used module and installed it. This solved the problem with the dash light but now it has the tamper dot in the instrument cluster due to the wrong vin in the LCM and the wrong mileage. I have tried using PA Soft but it does not have the correct algorithm so it won't let me change the Vin or mileage. Tried Tool 32 on the LM2_83.prg file but it want let me reassign the vin. It will pull up the module Vin from the used unit under "c_c fg_nr_Lessen" but I can't figure out how to change it. WinKFP does not seem to have access to this module as it does not show up under available ECU's and I have no idea what the ZUSB # is as INPA does not pull up this control unit. I be happy to pay someone to recode it if possible.
Any input would be appreciated.

LCM module number is 3 451 529 which also has an updated module ending in 624 (I cannot find either of these numbers in PASoft)

Last edited by Denver X; 01-24-2021 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0