BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-30-2018, 12:27 AM   #1
shamoony
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 2018 G01 30i

Coding X3 30i Australia Simple Process.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi guys.
Just wanted to share with you my experience today having my car coded by Almaretto.

Firstly, Almaretto if and when you get a chance to come across this post, thank you very much.

If you want to do it yourself, go ahead. It takes time and can be done. And if you are like me, thinking "what if I make a mistake"? Then Almaretto is your man.

He will connect via Team Viewer, make the things happen on whatever you want changed and pay him for his genuine service.

He coded,

1. Auto stop start to be disabled permanently.
2. 3 gong sounds gone
3. Welcome and warning disclaimers gone so you don't have to keep pressing enter.
4. Reduced the stereo audio volume at startup.
5. Air Con to stay on recirculation permanently.
6. The side mirror when in reverse adjusted so you can see the kerb but also utilise the mirror for parallel parking. Factory setting dips too low.
7. Changed the sounds to RR from BMW as it's quieter

He will give you his price and all is done in just over 1hr. I paid more as I felt the trust in him when we were able to talk to each other and piece of mind is what matters.

Thanks Almaretto.
Appreciate 4
Boosh9932.50
SimonB163.50
nxa112.00
Almaretto2372.50
      06-30-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
Boosh99
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i & X1 xDrive25i

Thanks for sharing that shamoony . I've coded a couple of things using BimmerCode - it is easy to do, but the subset of what you can do is limited (not sure for example all the things you posted there are doable in the "wizard" section of BimmerCode - maybe through expert mode).
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
frank23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoony View Post
All useful tweaks, though I wonder why you would want this one? That means you will never get fresh outside air coming into the car. Or is it just what it defaults to, and you can manually override it?

BTW: AFAIK you can't permanently disable ASS, but you can code it to remember its setting, which is what I've done.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
shamoony
Australia
Rep

Hi Frank23

Thank you. You are correct on the Auto Stop Start. It remembers your last setting. In my case, it will always be disabled.

The recirculating AC? I have found on so many cars that even when you have it to bring air from outside, the smell from trucks or diesel cars still comes through the car. Therefore prefer to have it recirculating and if I want to open a window slightly to bring in air from outside for a moment, I can.

I don't know why car manufacturers cannot leave that choice to the owner of the car. in saying that, there are cars that remember your last setting and remain held to that. Living in the Sydney metropolitan region, it's not the air we used to breathe growing up.

Regards Shamoony
Appreciate 1
frank2315.50
      06-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #5
nxa
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30d M Sport

Garage List
2018 BMW X3 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
OH! This is actually the one that might have me getting an adapter, the current functionality is broken as it only stays on 5 mins, yet BMW Genuis says it's 'working as designed' while we choke in fumes.

How exactly does the coding change things? Does it mean that *IF* you turn it on it stays on, but turning off means OFF or AUTO? Given this X3 we no longer have the on/off/auto that the old models had, perhaps this makes the iDrive "Auto Recirculation Setting" actually mean something if it means it will sometimes turn itself on when the dash is "OFF" as opposed to turning off when dash is ON.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
nxa
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30d M Sport

Garage List
2018 BMW X3 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
The recirculating AC? I have found on so many cars that even when you have it to bring air from outside, the smell from trucks or diesel cars still comes through the car. Therefore prefer to have it recirculating and if I want to open a window slightly to bring in air from outside for a moment, I can.

I don't know why car manufacturers cannot leave that choice to the owner of the car. in saying that, there are cars that remember your last setting and remain held to that. Living in the Sydney metropolitan region, it's not the air we used to breathe growing up.
On top of this, Sydney also has days where back burning of nearby forests means there is a very strong smoke smell that literally hurts your throat and makes eyes water. While I was a little annoyed that my new BMW often stunk in normal traffic, it was the bushfire day that really got me looking into this, and it seems coding is the only answer.

BTW, I haven't seen specific info for BMW, but I'm pretty sure all cars act the same as building AC systems and ensure some outside air is still brought into the mix. Lexus state a figure of 10%, and that's apparently enough to keep CO2 levels acceptable while still providing the smell reduction, improved cooling & humidity reduction that we want. And improved fuel consumption too I guess.

I presume BMW haven't somehow built 100% recirculate mode and then realised it's dangerous so 'broken' the recirculate feature to compensate.

Last edited by nxa; 06-30-2018 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 11:42 PM   #7
shamoony
Australia
Rep

Hi Natd.

Update. Love the fact the car doesn't turn off anymore. No silly gong sounds and no need to press the dial to accept the safety notifications.

But, the recirculating button turns off still. Will ask Almaretto to have another look at it at another time. Not major right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
frank23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla Model Y

Quote:
Ok, that makes sense. And opening the window was not an option I considered
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #9
Tenshoa
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

That's a great review. He's about to do mine this week as well! Reviews like this add even a bit more confidence. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #10
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Hi Frank23

Thank you. You are correct on the Auto Stop Start. It remembers your last setting. In my case, it will always be disabled.

Regards Shamoony
Doesn’t the recirc button go off when temperatures are below 15 deg centigrade by default. Can this auto feature be coded out?
Appreciate 0