BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
amraly
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Features removed after registering used X3 with BMW

I just bought a 2017 X3 that came with all the ConnectedDrive features including Apple Carplay. After registering with BMW on the website some of the features disappeared. I was unable to find Apple Carplay anymore.

Here is what I was told by BMW: Some of these features are complementary with a "New" care purchase and are not transferable. I would have to purchase Apple Carplay for $300 for 20 years access (which is again, not transferable to the next owner, or to a different BMW car). The downgraded Remote Services are no longer available for my vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:55 AM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by amraly View Post
I just bought a 2017 X3 that came with all the ConnectedDrive features including Apple Carplay. After registering with BMW on the website some of the features disappeared. I was unable to find Apple Carplay anymore.

Here is what I was told by BMW: Some of these features are complementary with a "New" care purchase and are not transferable. I would have to purchase Apple Carplay for $300 for 20 years access (which is again, not transferable to the next owner, or to a different BMW car). The downgraded Remote Services are no longer available for my vehicle.
This is complete BS. Yes BMW started out selling Apple Carplay but in Dec 2019 changed and is no longer charging for it. You should not be charged for it and they should put it back into your profile. Go to the G05 X5 forum and search for the topic and you should be able to find info to back up what I'm saying and maybe even a phone number or a way to contact them to get the charges dropped. Don't let them tell you that its only for the G05 either.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
or find someone who will code back Apple carplay and other features for less than $300...
Current: 2020 X5 x40i M-Sport, Arctic Grey Metallic / Ivory White, Executive Package, Luggage Compartment Package, Integral Active Steering, Tow Package, Parking Assist Package, Driving Assist Package, M-Sport brakes, Tux Mats
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
Bossind
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i

Wondering how you made out with CarPlay
Appreciate 0