BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-31-2020, 10:26 PM   #23
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
And I'm going to have to say I totally agree with that description of the 3 through 6 lineup. My thoughts exactly. 6 over a 5 but not 4 over a 3. And oddly enough, 3 trumps 5 in my opinion. I think the five is just too big for my tastes despite the additional prestige of being a 5. 3 Vs 6? Hmmm, now that would be a tougher call. I'd really have to weigh asthetics VS weight and size at that point. 6M was out of my price range anyway, so I'd probably just stick with the 3 if grounded in reality. Not to mention, I've never driven a 6M,so I can't personally compare the driving dynamics between the two models, but then again the 5/6 platform reviews I've read do seem to indicate the 3/4 being more nimble which is very important to me.
I actually like X4 M a lot, but only in certain colors. I think the black X4 looks really nice. White X4 looks great, too. The back of the new X6 M looks a bit weird and totally overdone, imo. Overall, not a huge fan of the new X5/X6. Too big, too soft, and you sit much higher than in X3.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:42 PM   #24
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I actually like X4 M a lot, but only in certain colors. I think the black X4 looks really nice. White X4 looks great, too. The back of the new X6 M looks a bit weird and totally overdone, imo. Overall, not a huge fan of the new X5/X6. Too big, too soft, and you sit much higher than in X3.
Good points. Speaking of sitting higher, I'm going to lower mine. I ordered the MSS springs today. On a side note, my car is at my local dealer now to get the connected drive working. They gave me a new X3M40i as a loaner. First off, its was odd to be back in an M40i. It felt so much cheaper in the inside and looked smaller (not sure why. I know that's impossible). The seats were not comfortable compared to my comp. The engine and suspension did still make it a nice DD. That said, I'm so glad I upgraded. Oh, and I don't like much of anything on I drive 7. Much prefer 6. I'm not sure how many years I'll hang onto this X3MC, but I'm sure it will always hold a special place in my ownership history.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #25
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Another pretty positive F97 review. Good to see that the automotive journalists are finally starting to appreciate the sporty, sedan-like manners of X3M and the narrative is slowly shifting from "confused car" to "real performance machine that are as good to drive as they are to look at".

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/5...m-competition/
Good find, but I agree, why is this article so short? I kept it in my bookmarks since you first posted it, thinking it was a much longer read.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 07:27 PM   #26
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Having owned both....Macan S, Macan Turbo, and now X3M Competition; my perspective is that the Macan is not the class leader at all. The cost to benefit is far apart. The Tech in the Macan is garbage. The BMW is miles ahead in the tech department. The performance of the X3MC edges out even the Macan Turbo. Macan has 2 redeeming attributes; 1 the sound system is incredible (bmw needs better options): 2 Macan has a wide low stance. The Macan interiors are banal and outdated even with the latest refresh. BMW has done a great job with their interiors where they are up market and very sporty/exciting....the Macan is Such a shame but yeah "fun" to drive but doesn't exceed my expectation....You're paying for a nameplate....blah

Now the cost;

Porsche Macan is way over priced and lease terribly. The lease factors are outrageous, the residuals suck, and there is no included maintenance.

BMW X3M has 57% residual @12k miles, low lease factor (even at launch), included maintenance for up to 3 years/36k miles (except brakes).

It's clear choice and winner for overall value vs performance. X3MC.
Glad to read this. I was debating between a Macan GTS, Macan Turbo, or the X3MC
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:14 AM   #27
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
Quote:
Having owned both....Macan S, Macan Turbo, and now X3M Competition; my perspective is that the Macan is not the class leader at all. The cost to benefit is far apart. The Tech in the Macan is garbage. The BMW is miles ahead in the tech department. The performance of the X3MC edges out even the Macan Turbo. Macan has 2 redeeming attributes; 1 the sound system is incredible (bmw needs better options): 2 Macan has a wide low stance. The Macan interiors are banal and outdated even with the latest refresh. BMW has done a great job with their interiors where they are up market and very sporty/exciting....the Macan is Such a shame but yeah "fun" to drive but doesn't exceed my expectation....You're paying for a nameplate....blah

Now the cost;

Porsche Macan is way over priced and lease terribly. The lease factors are outrageous, the residuals suck, and there is no included maintenance.

BMW X3M has 57% residual @12k miles, low lease factor (even at launch), included maintenance for up to 3 years/36k miles (except brakes).

It's clear choice and winner for overall value vs performance. X3MC.
Glad to read this. I was debating between a Macan GTS, Macan Turbo, or the X3MC
Good luck with your decision and enjoy whatever you end up with!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #28
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I already got the X3MC back in September
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2020, 04:42 PM   #29
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
Quote:
Thanks, I already got the X3MC back in September
Excellent. They delivered my first one in September also!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #30
Macanakey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC, X5M, 911Turbo & GTS

Quote:
Macan is a great car, but it’s more of a capable luxury SUV rather than a true performance car. X3M is a pure blooded M car.
That's exactly what The Spousal Unit says, & I have to agree with him. I did like the lower stance of the Macan, but then again, it's a CUV, not an SUV. I'm missing it less, the more I drive & enjoy the tech in the X3.
1997 911 Targa, Zenith Blue
2017 GT3-RS Lava Orange (LEGO)
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00