BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-18-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
AS4EX
N
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Modded X3 35i's ? (New X3 Owner)

What's up everyone. Coming over from E90post, recent new owner of a F25 now and love it. I thought switching from car to suv would be a whole new world but frankly I think it's another 335i in suv form and I don't mind that one bit! A few questions, because it's impossible for me to not want to mod any vehicles of mine..

1.)Those of you who are modded and tuned, any issues or things to keep an eye on?

2.)I haven't searched, but any idea if there's a power limit to the trans/drivetrain? If so, what is that claimed to be?

3.)The axleback section of the exhaust, is this configuration shared with any other known BMW models that would give the opportunity to have some exhaust options?

4.)Anyone running a mixture of E85 with the JB tunes? How does the N55 like it if so? Have you upgraded the fuel pump?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
hardparker
Father of Frankenfold
Rep
Drives: Yo daddy's 2014 X3 M Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
I've got a heavily modified X3. See mods in signature. It's a sleeper beast. Beats up on V8s and M cars!

If you intend to get a tune, the main thing to keep an eye on is periodic log review to make sure things are functioning well and that there's no problems seen in the logs.

The upper limit of the powertrain for the N55 seems to be around 600 whp, and you'll need every supporting mod to get there. Rods seem to be occasionally problematic in that power range.

There aren't any interchanges for exhaust. You'll have to buy an F25 exhaust or go custom. That said, there's not much power to be gained beyond a catless downpipe in terms of exhaust.

I run E30 with no problem. Way more torque and the ability to run more agressive tunes. My LPFP is upgraded, and I have port injection (PI). The HPFP will be the limiting factor and PI is the most cost effective way around that.

Have fun modding your X3!
      07-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #3
AS4EX
N
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

No stranger to the logging, that's the fun part! As far as the powertrain goes, I'll never be near those numbers, the concern is with the transmission, how much can that hold? I suppose a fair amount going off the parts you've added in your sig?

Have you been on a dyno? hardparker
Appreciate 0