BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-09-2024, 07:42 AM   #1
3y3scream
Private
Rep
Drives: x3 m40i

EBC yellows DP42302R from m40i front

Anyone had this on their M40i front calipers ? looking for reviews.

Just installed the EBC greens on the rear recently and already seen a great improvement.

Looking for more braking power over stock. Brake dust is secondary for me.

Also, ok to have greens at the rear and yellows in the front ?

Thanks guys !
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 09:13 AM   #2
g11hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3y3scream View Post
Anyone had this on their M40i front calipers ? looking for reviews.

Just installed the EBC greens on the rear recently and already seen a great improvement.

Looking for more braking power over stock. Brake dust is secondary for me.

Also, ok to have greens at the rear and yellows in the front ?

Thanks guys !
I had the yellow on my other car before and I could only compare it with red. Yellow has a little less bite than red when cold but gets better when hot (approx. >100c). It's dusty as you probably already know. Burr001 has the green and may be able to provide some insight.

I believe EBC is following the R90 regulation which requires manufacturers to match OE. Friction characteristics may deviate (i.e. better) but not that much - need to check the exact requirement.

I think the only way to say it's better in braking is by doing some braking tests and measuring the stopping distance. Many people won't recommend mixing different pads fr/rr but if you know what you're doing, I'd say go for it.
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4018.00
      03-09-2024, 08:37 PM   #3
Burr001
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW x3 m40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g11hoonigan View Post
I had the yellow on my other car before and I could only compare it with red. Yellow has a little less bite than red when cold but gets better when hot (approx. >100c). It's dusty as you probably already know. Burr001 has the green and may be able to provide some insight.

I believe EBC is following the R90 regulation which requires manufacturers to match OE. Friction characteristics may deviate (i.e. better) but not that much - need to check the exact requirement.

I think the only way to say it's better in braking is by doing some braking tests and measuring the stopping distance. Many people won't recommend mixing different pads fr/rr but if you know what you're doing, I'd say go for it.
Yellow is good once it comes to temp..best to drive easy and warm the brakes up to have very good bite. Good pad for track/ street use. Blue is the track pad while red is a good ceramic pad to limit dust and green is a step above oem with less dust as that is a semi metallic pad.

Be prepared the Yellow pad will wear the rotor a tad faster with a ton of dust but will provide the best stopping power other than the blue track pads.

As for mixing pads..it will sometimes give you different sensations on pedal feel depending what situation your driving in...could be either good or bad but only you driving will be able to answer that.
Appreciate 0