BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-09-2020, 09:38 PM   #23
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewfromthehou View Post
Lotus, I did look at them but ultimately chose the BavSound because of so many people on forums saying they had good results and the fact it was so easy to call them up and ask questions and really understand the process. I am excited to see how these break in and sound in a few weeks though.

Although if you are looking for a real punch in the bass, I would throw a box in the back. I wanted something in between big bass and HK and these are exactly that.
Thanks, on the E9x forums, most would say that upgrading the subs (people were doing Earthquake SWS a lot back then) yields a bit more bass, but without having to do anything fancy, using the simple plug and play harness and adding an amp in the trunk, really makes them pop. And you don't then have to go down the complex path (it seems) of replacing the HK amp, etc.

Not sure how much you know about audio stuff, but did you look at the link I posted from Technic for a plug and play harness to see if it would work with our cars? That would be an easy and cheap upgrade path then, if just replacing the subs and using the stock amp doesn't cut it.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #24
drewfromthehou
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Quote:
Lotus, I did look at them but ultimately chose the BavSound because of so many people on forums saying they had good results and the fact it was so easy to call them up and ask questions and really understand the process. I am excited to see how these break in and sound in a few weeks though.

Although if you are looking for a real punch in the bass, I would throw a box in the back. I wanted something in between big bass and HK and these are exactly that.
Thanks, on the E9x forums, most would say that upgrading the subs (people were doing Earthquake SWS a lot back then) yields a bit more bass, but without having to do anything fancy, using the simple plug and play harness and adding an amp in the trunk, really makes them pop. And you don't then have to go down the complex path (it seems) of replacing the HK amp, etc.

Not sure how much you know about audio stuff, but did you look at the link I posted from Technic for a plug and play harness to see if it would work with our cars? That would be an easy and cheap upgrade path then, if just replacing the subs and using the stock amp doesn't cut it.
Yeah I took a look but everything there seemed to be non-iDrive 7 options and I have iDrive 7 in mine. Not sure how it makes a difference but just going off their site It specifically calls that out, so I am assuming it must matter in someway.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #25
drewfromthehou
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I took a look but everything there seemed to be non-iDrive 7 options and I have iDrive 7 in mine. Not sure how it makes a difference but just going off their site It specifically calls that out, so I am assuming it must matter in someway.
That and my last 3 cars I have had big 12's in the trunk and kinda over the overwhelming bass when listening to music. Then my last thing was outside of trying to get a custom piece made to go in one of the side storage spaces I didn't want to lose the ability to store my carryon luggage under the floor in the back. So I ruled out a box in the back right away. It was always going to have to be something stealthy and not overwhelming.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 03:59 AM   #26
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
That and my last 3 cars I have had big 12's in the trunk and kinda over the overwhelming bass when listening to music. Then my last thing was outside of trying to get a custom piece made to go in one of the side storage spaces I didn't want to lose the ability to store my carryon luggage under the floor in the back. So I ruled out a box in the back right away. It was always going to have to be something stealthy and not overwhelming.
And here I am with 4 10’s in my g01
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #27
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:

Is this the one?

https://technicpnp.com/product/hifi-...ub-harnessloc/

I cannot confirm if it will work on the X3, but I'm curious how this is different then a line level converter?

I have the Bavsound speakers and subs on the way but would like to also use my 12" sub and amp.

Any ideas for hiding the amp other than under the floor (I have an X3MC with a spare) would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0