BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Kayani112
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 (G02)

BMW safety camera information £20 not showing up?

Hello all

I've just purchased the BMW safety camera information for £20 and it appeared under the apps section pretty much right away but when I go to the maps, I can't see any cameras? Also I did a route from my house to the local Tesco and I pass a red light camera. It didn't work on the route guidance either? It's active under the app so the functionality is on.

I dont know if its worth mentioning but I don't have HUD and I dont have the speed display in my cluster (showing the speed limit) on the road I'm driving on. I do have the camera in the windscreen but I guess I dont have this functionality turned on. I know I can get this switched on for a couple of hundred pounds but does this need to be on in order for the speed/red light cameras to work? Interested to see if anyone who doesn't have the speed display in the cluster but the speed/red light camera functionality works?
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
Ashsarhaz93
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani112 View Post
Hello all

I've just purchased the BMW safety camera information for £20 and it appeared under the apps section pretty much right away but when I go to the maps, I can't see any cameras? Also I did a route from my house to the local Tesco and I pass a red light camera. It didn't work on the route guidance either? It's active under the app so the functionality is on.

I dont know if its worth mentioning but I don't have HUD and I dont have the speed display in my cluster (showing the speed limit) on the road I'm driving on. I do have the camera in the windscreen but I guess I dont have this functionality turned on. I know I can get this switched on for a couple of hundred pounds but does this need to be on in order for the speed/red light cameras to work? Interested to see if anyone who doesn't have the speed display in the cluster but the speed/red light camera functionality works?
You don't physically see cameras on a map (well I don't) if you don't have HUD the camera symbol will show in your instrument cluster. Bear in mind it doesn't pick up every camera red light or speed, so it can be pretty sporadic. I generally drive on the right side of 80mph so am not overly concerned but it is nice to know you have it. Thankfully it's only £20, if it saves you from getting pulled over just once during the year then it has paid for itself 👍
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 01:36 AM   #3
JonnyBoyUK
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m140 & X3 2.0d M Sport XDrive

If you have Carplay use Waze for camera detection..
Appreciate 1
SO8242.50
      05-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
zilla91
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

The problem with Waze is that's been really buggy recently. Anything from displaying nothing on the map to the map not moving and thinking I'm still at home. It's also been doing this really annoying thing where it'll stop the radio from playing
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
ColinDuff68
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani112 View Post
Hello all

How do you get this? Not seen it
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 02:42 PM   #6
Markee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinDuff68 View Post
How do you get this? Not seen it
Here:

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/shop/ls/dp/Base_Safetycam_gb
      03-13-2022, 10:48 AM   #7
charley1
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d M Sport

Hi guys, I bought this today and its not showing up in the apps on my idrive screen. Does it take a while to come through to the car?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 04:46 PM   #8
theleg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 M40D

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley1 View Post
Hi guys, I bought this today and its not showing up in the apps on my idrive screen. Does it take a while to come through to the car?
When I bought mine took 2 days to even get the app on the app list . Then it just appeared and worked . Shows in the HUD or the dash if you don't have HUD . It has not sound though only visual
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 02:59 PM   #9
charley1
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleg View Post
When I bought mine took 2 days to even get the app on the app list . Then it just appeared and worked . Shows in the HUD or the dash if you don't have HUD . It has not sound though only visual

Thanks mate, mine did come through today so all good.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #10
theleg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 M40D

only thing i noticed with it is you cannot change tracks using the steering wheel ocontrols via AA if the camera symbol is showing lol noticed it today
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #11
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBoyUK View Post
If you have Carplay use Waze for camera detection..
I trust this more than I would trust BMW !! BMW's speed limit camera keeps telling me the speed limit on the A3 is 20mph ... as opposed to 50mph. It picks up the slip road limits ! Waze (when it works via Apple Car play - it freezes) is great for GPS speed and Scamera Van / Gatso locations.

I tend to reply on Eye v1.0 for most locations though ...
Appreciate 0