BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #45
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
So that photo is an eDrive X3. Does that really translate to an X3M which will have an M specific dash? I mean launching with one display then changing to something newer within months sounds absurd. I think the M versions could lag until G80 M3, especially since we have seen nothing of them.
Read the press release. X3M begins production in April. X3 e30 begins production in December. The change over to id7 and live cockpit is for August. Thus makes sense that the launch version of the X3M has no live cockpit in the images, but the e30, that launches after the August switch over date, does.

That make sense?
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 08:00 AM   #46
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macphin View Post
I'm sure that no X3 or X3M will get the live cockpit until the facelift, which will be a few years from now. Apart from the X3 xDrive 30e obviously.
And I'm sure that BMW would not produce the exact same model (same chassis code, etc) with two completely different systems just because one is an e (except, for example, if the live cockpit is an option but that would be across the model range anyway).

In August we will know for sure. But from both insiders and pictures we can see it's happening. Again this doesn't mean a complete dash/interior redesign. Just an update of the back end (like in the 7 series LCI) thus not requiring an LCI update. See for example the changes from ID4 -> ID5 -> ID6 which did not always line up with an LCI
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #47
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfre View Post
BMW X3 xDrive30e with plug-in hybrid drive

Quote: "Inside you will find new displays in the style of the current iDrive 7, which will receive all other X3 variants later with the facelift."
Quote:
Originally Posted by macphin View Post
I'm sure that no X3 or X3M will get the live cockpit until the facelift, which will be a few years from now. Apart from the X3 xDrive 30e obviously.
Exactly.
X3M will get the instrument cluster like the current M5, with id6.
X3e will be the first X3 to get the new cluster and id7
All other X3 models will get the later cluster (as an option!) along with id7 at LCI, which is still at least 18 months away.
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #48
mfre
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i G01 | Z8 E52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureModelsOnly View Post
Read this thread. Live Cockpit ID7 coming in August
Upcoming BMW model pipeline preview info - from G29 and G06 to F92 and beyond https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686
No wrong, BMW Product Management says it's coming with the LCI. And this ist not August 2019. ID 7 will start only in the hybrid model with December production but not for all other models.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #49
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Quote:
No wrong, BMW Product Management says it's coming with the LCI. And this ist not August 2019. ID 7 will start only in the hybrid model with December production but not for all other models.
I have the same info as MFRE too, and if this is true. It will be funny to see in September when the August production models will hit the dealers, all people who waited for nothing to run to their dealer in order to have their car before all the other.s.. a bit similar to the movie Jingle All The Way with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Lets wait and see, another pack of pop-corn MFRE? For sure BMW might make a great September M sales.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #50
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
Quote:
I have the same info as MFRE too, and if this is true. It will be funny to see in September when the August production models will hit the dealers, all people who waited for nothing to run to their dealer in order to have their car before all the other.s.. a bit similar to the movie Jingle All The Way with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Lets wait and see, another pack of pop-corn MFRE? For sure BMW might make a great September M sales.
I'm waiting a whole year now anyway because I'm in no way paying MSRP. Fools can rush and pay full retail...impulse control here lol
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 04:38 PM   #51
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Upcoming BMW model pipeline preview info - from G29 and G06 to F92 and beyond https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686
And that's not what engineers and product insiders are telling us on our end, in the country where it is being produced. Like I have said many many times, we will see when production switches over starting in August who is right and who is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 12:34 AM   #52
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
I'm waiting a whole year now anyway because I'm in no way paying MSRP. Fools can rush and pay full retail...impulse control here lol
no offence in my statement but in USA you already have a lower price on all bmw range if you compare with other countries. So probably the disadvantage is to not get directly a discount on new models. We pay more, but we get discounts on brand new models and even on X3M and X4M.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #53
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
no offence in my statement but in USA you already have a lower price on all bmw range if you compare with other countries. So probably the disadvantage is to not get directly a discount on new models. We pay more, but we get discounts on brand new models and even on X3M and X4M.
Good that you get discounts right away when new models are released...here in the US new models are either marked up above MSRP due to high demand or they're not discounted below MSRP until the shiny newness fades a bit. I'm simply going to wait to get a nice discount; because no matter the brand or type I'm not paying full MSRP on anything to anyone ever lmao
I don't need to be the 1st person in my City for a vehicle type; I'd rather be the first with the best price on said vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 10:43 AM   #54
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Good that you get discounts right away when new models are released...here in the US new models are either marked up above MSRP due to high demand or they're not discounted below MSRP until the shiny newness fades a bit. I'm simply going to wait to get a nice discount; because no matter the brand or type I'm not paying full MSRP on anything to anyone ever lmao
I don't need to be the 1st person in my City for a vehicle type; I'd rather be the first with the best price on said vehicle.
I got a very good friend who lives in Florida. He drives a bimmer too. I was surprised that the dealer did him an offer with higher price than MSRP on a 4 serie. Here in Europe probably Ferrari or some other Supercar's makers might make it, and probably it works for car with very low production volume, but on big volume car no way it works. So if I understand it the right way. One model sells good = price goes up and higher than the MRSP. that's good for the dealers but it sounds a bit like cartel, no???? strange.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #55
JayPichardo
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Here is what I have so far

Model:
20SD X3 M Comp
Color:
300 Alpine White
Upholstery:
LKDA Sakhir Orange/Black Ext Lthr

Top M Client Advisor in New England.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #56
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I got a very good friend who lives in Florida. He drives a bimmer too. I was surprised that the dealer did him an offer with higher price than MSRP on a 4 serie. Here in Europe probably Ferrari or some other Supercar's makers might make it, and probably it works for car with very low production volume, but on big volume car no way it works. So if I understand it the right way. One model sells good = price goes up and higher than the MRSP. that's good for the dealers but it sounds a bit like cartel, no???? strange.
That's how it is here...the more popular the model the more they charge because impatient exited buyers will pay whatever dealers charge....eventually when those over excited buyers get what they want and the vehicle has saturated the market here the prices are drastically reduced...evidence is the other comp models that were released...months after they didn't sell as expected then the prices dropped dramatically ergo major discounts....
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 06:09 AM   #57
M_Guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And that's not what engineers and product insiders are telling us on our end, in the country where it is being produced. Like I have said many many times, we will see when production switches over starting in August who is right and who is wrong.
Check out the UK Order and Price guide thread. Page 15 has option 6WB (ID6) listed, not 6U3 (ID7). This is for September delivery.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #58
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Check out the UK Order and Price guide thread. Page 15 has option 6WB (ID6) listed, not 6U3 (ID7). This is for September delivery.
Again, doesn't mean the insiders are wrong. The current production starts on 4/19, which is before 8/19. First cars won't hit EU or UK shores until 8-9/19, which, and I cannot believe I have to type this out again, will have production dates before 8/19 because, you know, it takes time getting across the Atlantic.

This means if the switchover doesn't happen until production dates starting in 8/19, you won't see the new option on the ordering guide until the supplemental is released in the summer and won't see the live cockpit in the cars until the earliest 11-12/19 when those production date cars arrive on your side of the pond.

Track what I'm saying...?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #59
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
New model year production will start late July or early August.
First UK deliveries will be September, and MY2020.
UK not scheduled to get any MY19 X3M's at all.
And they won't have the new instrument cluster.
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 08:50 AM   #60
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

If I m not mistaken,X3M and X4M are directly MY2020 from the start. That was already mentionned in January.
Appreciate 0