BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #67
FranzX3M
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 X3M

If VRSF wants to improve their sales and customer service, they could easily but together some instructions and supply brackets that work. Supplying brackets with an F25 intercooler that don't even match the stock hole pattern is just lazy and poor service. Without even a mention or warning to customers of how to modify them. At least slot the dam things.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2020, 07:11 AM   #68
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Who says the revised brackets don't match up? Most customers don't have any problems with the brackets when installing this intercooler.

The main problem is that there are individuals who don't have experience installing parts that require minor modification who struggle with the install when they should be bringing these parts to a qualified professional.

If you've had experience installing something like this in the past, it's generally fairly simple but there's no instruction manual that's going to fix inexperience.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 07:40 AM   #69
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Who says the revised brackets don't match up? Most customers don't have any problems with the brackets when installing this intercooler.

The main problem is that there are individuals who don't have experience installing parts that require minor modification who struggle with the install when they should be bringing these parts to a qualified professional.

If you've had experience installing something like this in the past, it's generally fairly simple but there's no instruction manual that's going to fix inexperience.
You're looking at this wrong. Take peoples complaints and turn them into a positive by listening to them, internalize what they are saying, make a few simple engineering changes and improve your documentation. Bashing and belittling forum members won't help your balance sheet. Your sales won't be higher by telling people to go to a qualified professional, we forum members are enthusiasts who like to do our own work and will try to the point of frustration, but that is what makes us better. We vent in the form of complaints, that's who we are, learn from it.

Those steps are proper business steps for anyone who strives to improve. Then instead of complaints by forum members, you'd get praise. Praise = satisfied customers = increased sales. We don't want to buy from companies that people are complaining about. It only takes one complaint posted by a valued member for you to incur missed opportunities. What I read earlier turned me off and I was about to go to your site and look around. For every one forum member who posts here, there are 10 who don't but are avid readers and potential customers.

The choice is yours.
Appreciate 2
      05-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #70
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
You're looking at this wrong. Take peoples complaints and turn them into a positive by listening to them, internalize what they are saying, make a few simple engineering changes and improve your documentation. Bashing and belittling forum members won't help your balance sheet. Your sales won't be higher by telling people to go to a qualified professional, we forum members are enthusiasts who like to do our own work and will try to the point of frustration, but that is what makes us better. We vent in the form of complaints, that's who we are, learn from it.

Those steps are proper business steps for anyone who strives to improve. Then instead of complaints by forum members, you'd get praise. Praise = satisfied customers = increased sales. We don't want to buy from companies that people are complaining about. It only takes one complaint posted by a valued member for you to incur missed opportunities. What I read earlier turned me off and I was about to go to your site and look around. For every one forum member who posts here, there are 10 who don't but are avid readers and potential customers.

The choice is yours.
I completely understand what you're saying but please understand that not every enthusiast has the same skill level when it comes to installing their own components.

We've been in business for over 12 years and we've continually made improvements to our products in order to ensure our customers have the best experience with said product.

For example there was an initial complaint about the brackets and we made the necessary modifications to resolve those issues. Since then, we haven't had any issues with these brackets.

Please don't assume that we don't take our customers feedback seriously. It's what we've been doing for over a decade.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #71
taliastarr23
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post

The choice is yours.
I completely understand what you're saying but please understand that not every enthusiast has the same skill level when it comes to installing their own components.

We've been in business for over 12 years and we've continually made improvements to our products in order to ensure our customers have the best experience with said product.

For example there was an initial complaint about the brackets and we made the necessary modifications to resolve those issues. Since then, we haven't had any issues with these brackets.

Please don't assume that we don't take our customers feedback seriously. It's what we've been doing for over a decade.
hello, I had purchased your competition hd intercooler for my 2015 bmw m6 and unfortunately the male coolant line fitting is too short, the retaining groove is too close to the tank. therefor, the factory fitting on the coolant line cannot engage the clip and stay secure. I am very disappointed with the customer service. I have reached out multiple times. The shop Installing the part reached out. I've sent numerous emails and even privately messaged you. No response. The part is defective and I am trying to move forward. I posted on a thread about it and nobody answered. We have tried to researching videos of people experiencing the same problems and haven't found one. This is very unprofessional and am looking for some direction . [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #72
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBimmers View Post
I have to chime in here as I'm pretty discontented with this performance parts supplier.

I recently (June 14 for one order, June 17 for the other) purchased multiple performance parts from VRSF for my X3 and my 535 (intercooler for the F25, intercooler and chargepipe for the F10).

9 days after the first order (June 23) I received an email saying my order had shipped, and the tracking number said the estimated arrival date was June 25. I never received any such email on the second order (still haven't as of this writing).

Beginning June 30th I called to ask where my products were, but all they have is a mailbox that let's you know they don't have an answering service. So I left a message anyway, who knows maybe they'll listen to it one day. I also sent emails through their website with my order numbers. I followed up multiple times via each method. To this date, I have yet to receive any response whatsoever.

Until Monday, July 6, I received nothing more than the email saying one set of my parts had shipped and the expected delivery date was June 25th. So, finally, I called my credit card company to cancel the order and dispute the charges.

I don't know what's going on with these folks as it seems like many have purchased and installed their products before (despite the obvious issues discussed throughout this thread), but now they are flatly IGNORING customers, not returning calls or emails, and ... worst yet... not sending the products that people are paying for!!

I can't speak for anyone else's experiences with them, but my STRONG recommendation is to STAY AWAY FROM VRSF!! They clearly don't value their customers, being honest, or having good business practices.
I was going to give them the benefit of doubt till I read the post by evilchargerfan back in early May. I then posted, thanking him for his post as it potentially saved me the hassle of dealing with a sub par supplier. Then someone called Tiago@VRSF posted and it quickly went down hill from there as they became defensive and could not or would not supply the info to back up their claim. I wrote them off at that point and am now glad I did.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 12:22 PM   #73
Bowtiefanatc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

So if not them, then who do we go to for an upgraded FMIC?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 12:35 PM   #74
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBimmers View Post
I have to chime in here as I'm pretty discontented with this performance parts supplier.

I recently (June 14 for one order, June 17 for the other) purchased multiple performance parts from VRSF for my X3 and my 535 (intercooler for the F25, intercooler and chargepipe for the F10).

9 days after the first order (June 23) I received an email saying my order had shipped, and the tracking number said the estimated arrival date was June 25. I never received any such email on the second order (still haven't as of this writing).

Beginning June 30th I called to ask where my products were, but all they have is a mailbox that let's you know they don't have an answering service. So I left a message anyway, who knows maybe they'll listen to it one day. I also sent emails through their website with my order numbers. I followed up multiple times via each method. To this date, I have yet to receive any response whatsoever.

Until Monday, July 6, I received nothing more than the email saying one set of my parts had shipped and the expected delivery date was June 25th. So, finally, I called my credit card company to cancel the order and dispute the charges.

I don't know what's going on with these folks as it seems like many have purchased and installed their products before (despite the obvious issues discussed throughout this thread), but now they are flatly IGNORING customers, not returning calls or emails, and ... worst yet... not sending the products that people are paying for!!

I can't speak for anyone else's experiences with them, but my STRONG recommendation is to STAY AWAY FROM VRSF!! They clearly don't value their customers, being honest, or having good business practices.
The FMIC you ordered is on back order. If you PM your order number, we'll be more than happy to issue a refund.

It looks like we made the mistake of not updating the website regarding our inventory status. I apologize greatly for the inconvenience and I'll make sure we put measures in place to avoid this from happening again in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #75
evilchargerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 (N55), 2014 I01 (REX)

Interesting, post #75 suggests to use a PM as a form of communication.

I was reprimanded for using incorrect channels of communications, and was told email is preferred:

Quote:
Are we responding here or the multiple places we've seen you post publicly? This is putting a strain on our support team, please do not post your questions anywhere but via e-mail so our guys don't have to scramble to find where else this may have been posted
Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      07-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #76
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
Lame...almost as bad as ordering from sketchy Chinese websites
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #77
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sorry guys, we're working on getting the new support portal up. Our staff is a bit over worked at the moment but we should be caught up with any pending emails by tomorrow afternoon.

I'll personally handle these issues through tonight.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 12:12 AM   #78
Beko1994
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2018 ZCP

I ordered FMIC from VRSF for my BMW X3 N55. Everywhere they said that you need 1.5hrs to do the job. It actually took me 45min on my driveway., and i'm not a mechanic. I was reading all the comments since the beginning. It is correct that not everything was 'plug'n'play, but wasn't as bad as people are telling. You just use little common sense and everything goes where it should. So far i'm really satisfied with the intercooler.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #79
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
I installed the vrsf IC very recently. the brackets I received were complete garbage, you're better off making your own. its in my video on YouTube fyi.
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2021, 02:50 AM   #80
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

For those of you doing the FMIC install, do you guys have any tips on how to do the charge pipe?
I notice that the lower charge pipe goes pretty down far, did you guys attempt this from the top up or bottom underneath?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 02:15 PM   #81
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
For those of you doing the FMIC install, do you guys have any tips on how to do the charge pipe?
I notice that the lower charge pipe goes pretty down far, did you guys attempt this from the top up or bottom underneath?
remove the oem from.the top and it really doesn't matter beyond that. you can do it both ways since the charge pipe is 2 pieces. I believe I put the lower portion in through the top then obviously finished it from the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 01:31 AM   #82
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Does the new VRSF HD intercooler come with these brackets now as standard?
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 07:58 AM   #83
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
if you order it for the x3 yes.

the brackets are garbage though. don't let the comments by vrsf fool you, they are garbage, updated or not.
Appreciate 2
      12-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #84
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
Quote:

the brackets are garbage though. don't let the comments by vrsf fool you, they are garbage, updated or not.
Any recommendations on a better fitting intercooler then? Or would you still recommend VRSF?
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #85
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
Quote:

Any recommendations on a better fitting intercooler then? Or would you still recommend VRSF?
still one of the better ics.. so I dunno to be honest
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #86
evilchargerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 (N55), 2014 I01 (REX)

Quote:
I went with an ARM brand.

Great Fitment.

The FMIC itself is smaller .... so .... consider that.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 06:52 PM   #87
F25_x3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Quote:
Thanks a lot for taking the time to post logs. We'll have these brackets available to order as a separate F25 option and we'll be offering a slightly larger core in the next few weeks
Quote:
Thanks a lot for taking the time to post logs. We'll have these brackets available to order as a separate F25 option and we'll be offering a slightly larger core in the next few weeks
Are the brackets available yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #88
Pkeefe11
Pat Keefe
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3 35i

I'm debating between vrsf and arm for the intercooler, size-wise vrsf is what I'm leaning towards. How bad are the supplied brackets and how hard is it to make your own?