BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #1013
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with April 2020 program.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
ddnmkun153.50
      04-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #1014
ddnmkun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Updated with April 2020 program.
thanks! is X3 30e the same as 30i?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 11:24 PM   #1015
laoma
Registered
Rep
Drives: currently shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnmkun View Post
I can confirm that the 30e incentives largely follow 30i incentives based open a completed transaction this past Saturday. The $2500 finance credit and $750 conquest credit were included with my 30e purchase.

You can also verify for yourself by checking current offers on bmwusa.com. It's worth noting, though, that the website isn't very clear without opening up the full offer terms for the 30e incentives.
Appreciate 1
ddnmkun153.50
      04-15-2020, 01:18 AM   #1016
ddnmkun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoma View Post
Quote:
I can confirm that the 30e incentives largely follow 30i incentives based open a completed transaction this past Saturday. The $2500 finance credit and $750 conquest credit were included with my 30e purchase.

You can also verify for yourself by checking current offers on bmwusa.com. It's worth noting, though, that the website isn't very clear without opening up the full offer terms for the 30e incentives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laoma View Post
Quote:

Thanks. And do you know how much it qualifies for the Federal tax credit as a PHEV? I looked up some website showing $5836 rebate, hope you can confirm too.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #1017
raliu3
Rep
Drives: X5

Is anybody getting any good deals in Norcal? The dealers I'm talking do won't even do 10% off MSRP.

The best price I've gotten so far (before incentives):
MSRP: $67,220
Discount: $62,660
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #1018
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by raliu3 View Post
Is anybody getting any good deals in Norcal? The dealers I'm talking do won't even do 10% off MSRP.

The best price I've gotten so far (before incentives):
MSRP: $67,220
Discount: $62,660
In this market, you should be able to get much better than that. You may have to shop around but you should be able to find a great deal, they are just giving you the incentives basically and that's it. The dealer needs YOU, not the way around.
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00
      04-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #1019
raliu3
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
In this market, you should be able to get much better than that. You may have to shop around but you should be able to find a great deal, they are just giving you the incentives basically and that's it. The dealer needs YOU, not the way around.
What ideally should I be aiming for? 12-13% off msrp?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #1020
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by raliu3 View Post
What ideally should I be aiming for? 12-13% off msrp?
Each region is slightly different, but I would imagine 10-12% off MSRP THEN incentives.
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00
      04-21-2020, 08:47 AM   #1021
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
Each region is slightly different, but I would imagine 10-12% off MSRP THEN incentives.
My CA came back with a laughable 5% off MSRP ('20 X3 M40i) before incentives after I put together an 11% off MSRP starting point. This is someone who I have worked with amicably over 10 years and 5 leases (typically great, quick deals - all custom ordered). We currently have 2 BMWs coming off lease next month and that's the 'best they can do'. I didn't bother with a counteroffer and told him we would likely extend our leases with BMWFS and reconsider our options going forward.

Last edited by DBLDNon11; 04-21-2020 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #1022
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Try engaging at a higher level. Individuals might be trying to make more money on each sale, because fewer people are buying cars right now. Dealership should be trying to move units regardless.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:43 AM   #1023
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Try engaging at a higher level. Individuals might be trying to make more money on each sale, because fewer people are buying cars right now. Dealership should be trying to move units regardless.
He works closely with his sales manager and that's the one that came back with the 5% offer. It's just a shame that after a decade of working closely on deals, they gave up - and we're talking 2 new leased vehicles. Whatever. There are other BMW dealers in the area, not to mention other marques we can explore this spring/summer.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 11:42 AM   #1024
dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
Deals: Demand vs. Supply in the Coronavirus Pandemic

I have been surprised by the lack of deals we're hearing about. That seems to be a recent theme in this thread. I'm wondering: I've been coming at this from the perspective of "demand must be shrinking, great time to deal." But I'm forgetting that supply is also shrinking, and the supply chain is rather frozen. From the perspective of a dealer, maybe they're deciding to make every deal count while they have supply, and not go below 5%ish below MSRP? If I'm a dealer looking at my pipeline 2 months out, I'm probably not seeing a lot of new cars.

Another factor is that the types of people who buy in this segment may be more likely to retain their jobs in this crisis (i.e., jobs that are able to be executed from home). So maybe demand in this segment isn't down as much as overall. I think it's down, for sure, but maybe not as much as supply. Per the NYTimes (European Car Sales Fall the Most in Decades, Signaling Slump):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Times
The German carmakers BMW, Daimler and Volkswagen fared marginally better, with declines of less than 50 percent. But it is unclear whether they are more resistant to the economic chaos caused by the virus or simply benefiting temporarily from their strength in northern European countries that generally began lockdowns later in March.
I notice that it's the three premium EU automakers that seem to be doing a bit better than average (or maybe, "less bad"). The average decline in March, BTW, was 55%. This article doesn't separate demand patterns from supply, which I think we need to do to forecast deals.

Another quote from that article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Times
BMW has begun preparations to reopen factories, a spokeswoman said Friday, but at the moment does not plan to do so before the end of April.
Of course, our cars are built in South Carolina, USA. But that factory is not scheduled to reopen till 4/30 at the earliest as well. If there are dealers reading this thread, I'd love to hear your perspectives.
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019141.50
Alias1431795.00
      04-21-2020, 01:01 PM   #1025
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmicah View Post
I have been surprised by the lack of deals we're hearing about. That seems to be a recent theme in this thread. I'm wondering: I've been coming at this from the perspective of "demand must be shrinking, great time to deal." But I'm forgetting that supply is also shrinking, and the supply chain is rather frozen. From the perspective of a dealer, maybe they're deciding to make every deal count while they have supply, and not go below 5%ish below MSRP? If I'm a dealer looking at my pipeline 2 months out, I'm probably not seeing a lot of new cars.

Another factor is that the types of people who buy in this segment may be more likely to retain their jobs in this crisis (i.e., jobs that are able to be executed from home). So maybe demand in this segment isn't down as much as overall. I think it's down, for sure, but maybe not as much as supply. Per the NYTimes (European Car Sales Fall the Most in Decades, Signaling Slump):

I notice that it's the three premium EU automakers that seem to be doing a bit better than average (or maybe, "less bad"). The average decline in March, BTW, was 55%. This article doesn't separate demand patterns from supply, which I think we need to do to forecast deals.

Another quote from that article:

Of course, our cars are built in South Carolina, USA. But that factory is not scheduled to reopen till 4/30 at the earliest as well. If there are dealers reading this thread, I'd love to hear your perspectives.
This does make sense. I am looking at ordering an X3 M40i, so there would be no 'sale' until the vehicle is built and delivered. This could be months from now, thus no immediate benefit to the dealer. That said, a 10 year, 5 vehicle (all but the first custom ordered) history with the dealership and CA should warrant a little more than an outright dismissal and a 'best wishes'. Since BMWFS is offering 6 month extensions, we will likely take them up on it for both BMWs and see how things shake out this summer. Also, there are huge rebates being offered to lessees to buy out their leases. I was given a $6,500 incentive on my '17 3 series which is also intriguing given it has 15k miles on it. Hmmm.
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00
      04-21-2020, 10:34 PM   #1026
dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLDNon11 View Post
This does make sense. I am looking at ordering an X3 M40i, so there would be no 'sale' until the vehicle is built and delivered. This could be months from now, thus no immediate benefit to the dealer. That said, a 10 year, 5 vehicle (all but the first custom ordered) history with the dealership and CA should warrant a little more than an outright dismissal and a 'best wishes'. Since BMWFS is offering 6 month extensions, we will likely take them up on it for both BMWs and see how things shake out this summer. Also, there are huge rebates being offered to lessees to buy out their leases. I was given a $6,500 incentive on my '17 3 series which is also intriguing given it has 15k miles on it. Hmmm.
Yeah, I agree that you should be treated better than that, at least in terms of the way they're communicating with you. I didn't quite grok what you're saying above: are they offering you $6500 off your agreed upon price (residual) to buy the car at the end of your lease? That sounds like a gigantic discount if so.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #1027
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I agree that you should be treated better than that, at least in terms of the way they're communicating with you. I didn't quite grok what you're saying above: are they offering you $6500 off your agreed upon price (residual) to buy the car at the end of your lease? That sounds like a gigantic discount if so.
On the BMWFS website, you can log into your account and click a button that generates the PDF lease purchase forms. It automatically includes a $6,000 [Note: edited] incentive (off residual). I've learned that BMWFS doesn't necessarily want to take back off-lease vehicles given the uncertainty of the times and the temporary closure of action companies such as Manheim. My 340xi has just over 15k miles, so this is an enticing option that I am considering.

I believe the amount of the incentive is dependent on the model and may change as you approach the lease end date.

Last edited by DBLDNon11; 04-22-2020 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
dmicah769.00
      04-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #1028
Sirok
Turbo = God's Gift
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneandDone View Post
Here is my purchase quote:

2019 X3 m40i

Dark Graphite
21" 718M Wheels
Driving Assist
Premium Package
Executive Package
Adaptive M Suspension
Active Cruise Control

w Destination MRSP = $66,095

Vehicle Price 60,264 (dealer discount)
+tax 5,732
+license/state 739
-3000 (loyalty and rebate)
-2000 Cash Down
Out the door: $61,815

The interest is variable since the car won't arrive until December or possibly even January but I was quoted 3.49%

Monthly payment: $952.82

Thoughts?
roughly $200 more that normal.
      04-22-2020, 10:40 PM   #1029
CoopersF15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e Performance

Quote:

On the BMWFS website, you can log into your account and click a button that generates the PDF lease purchase forms. It automatically includes a $6,000 [Note: edited] incentive (off residual). I've learned that BMWFS doesn't necessarily want to take back off-lease vehicles given the uncertainty of the times and the temporary closure of action companies such as Manheim. My 340xi has just over 15k miles, so this is an enticing option that I am considering.

I believe the amount of the incentive is dependent on the model and may change as you approach the lease end date.
Thanks for pointing this out!

I had looked on my owner portal to check the buy off - just to have a quick laugh at how ridiculous it would be on my 330 wagon...shocked to have seen it so low, much lower than I remember the depreciated value being. Didn't check the pdf as I assumed it would be good for the rest of the month.

Turns out when I went back today, it went up slightly (don't know why) but the $6k discount is itemized.

It puts it in enticing territory for me as I'm under mileage by about 10k...

Is $28k good for a nicely spec'd 330 m sport wagon?
In this market, I'm not sure.

Makes me wish I had held out for an even higher specified wagon back when I got it, but pickings were slim.
      04-23-2020, 09:25 AM   #1030
dcchris311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i PB/C

Garage List
  [10.00]
I ordered my M40i about a week ago and the dealer tried to lock me in by signing the fiance contract at the current MSRP and incentives. I refused because in a few months when my M40i arrives, I know there will be better deals. My M40i is about 68.5k and I'm shooting for 61k before incentives, what are other Texas members getting off their X3?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #1031
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcchris311 View Post
I ordered my M40i about a week ago and the dealer tried to lock me in by signing the fiance contract at the current MSRP and incentives. I refused because in a few months when my M40i arrives, I know there will be better deals. My M40i is about 68.5k and I'm shooting for 61k before incentives, what are other Texas members getting off their X3?
Curious to see how you make out with this. I posted here a couple of days ago about my experience attempting to lease a similarly priced (and ordered) X3 M40i and got a 5% off MSRP take-it-or-leave counteroffer to my 11% offer (my plan was to settle at no less than 9%). I had previously leased 5 BMWs (currently have 2 of them) over the past 10 years from the same CA. I guess relationships aren't as important these days. I'm likely going to extend our current leases and see how things shake out.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #1032
dmicah
Internet Weasel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcchris311 View Post
I'm assuming you have special ordered and put down a deposit? My experience (admittedly a few months ago) was that my dealer gave me the best of any incentives BMW offered between when I ordered and when the car delivered, but the dealer % off MSRP was locked. Because of supply chain issues, I'm not sure that would be the case now, as the financing lock was 90 days, and that was the thing that gave me access to the best BMW incentives of the time period. I would not expect a car ordered a week ago to deliver in the next 90 days.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 11:24 AM   #1033
DBLDNon11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm assuming you have special ordered and put down a deposit? My experience (admittedly a few months ago) was that my dealer gave me the best of any incentives BMW offered between when I ordered and when the car delivered, but the dealer % off MSRP was locked. Because of supply chain issues, I'm not sure that would be the case now, as the financing lock was 90 days, and that was the thing that gave me access to the best BMW incentives of the time period. I would not expect a car ordered a week ago to deliver in the next 90 days.
That's typically how it works when ordering. Lock in the negotiated cap cost and then take the incentives and lease terms of either the order month or the delivery month, assuming rate lock is in place.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #1034
dcchris311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i PB/C

Garage List
  [10.00]
Quote:
Curious to see how you make out with this. I posted here a couple of days ago about my experience attempting to lease a similarly priced (and ordered) X3 M40i and got a 5% off MSRP take-it-or-leave counteroffer to my 11% offer (my plan was to settle at no less than 9%). I had previously leased 5 BMWs (currently have 2 of them) over the past 10 years from the same CA. I guess relationships aren't as important these days. I'm likely going to extend our current leases and see how things shake out.

Good luck!
I'm hoping that the current (unfortunate) situation that were in will play to my advantage. A dealer that's 2 hours away from me offered me 9k off a M40i stickered at 67k and that was within 5minutes of talking to them! I honestly didn't attempt to haggle, that offered it right away.
Appreciate 0