BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #1
jspiegel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4 M Competition

Broken Active Sound

I brought my 2022 X4MC to the dealer due to a rattle noise that was coming from the driver side door tweeter speaker. The rattle would only be there with the exhaust button turned on. The dealer ordered parts to replace the speaker and installed the new parts yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like that didn't fix the issue.

I used the Bimmercode app to turn off the Active Sound, which actually fixed the rattle noise. I also did not notice a drop in engine or exhaust noise after I turned off the Active Sound. This makes me think that the Active Sound has been broken since I got the car and it never really worked.

Am I able to tell the dealer that I used the Bimmercode app to turn off the Active Sound without voiding any warranties, and is this a fixable issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 04:03 PM   #2
KayTees
Tuned ///M Cars Only
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C |'20 F97 X3MC

Garage List
Really depends on the dealer but based on the two SA's I've dealt with from two local dealerships they've told me coding is really just turning on and off features that the vehicle already has and won't really void warranties. I had issues with my instrument cluster and they replaced it. During my visit, I've told them some members on the forums had gotten Full Screen Carplay after the update. They updated my ID6 but no luck, I ended up coding it in myself with Bimmercode in Expert Mode and after my few visits, all my coding eg. RR Gongs / FullScreen Carplay / ASD remained there. Of course if they do any resets, you would have to re-code.

Instagram: F97_KT
Appreciate 0