BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-23-2022, 09:06 AM   #23
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3m

PAS

Thanks that’s what I have read multiple times but I still can’t work out how they say it’s not faulty

Do any Uk owners see the lights actually moving or the light pattern change when driving? Even if it wasn’t mechanical and just the led changing then you surely would see that when driving at night
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:32 AM   #24
PAS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i LCI BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky401 View Post
PAS

Thanks thatÂ’s what I have read multiple times but I still canÂ’t work out how they say itÂ’s not faulty

Do any Uk owners see the lights actually moving or the light pattern change when driving? Even if it wasnÂ’t mechanical and just the led changing then you surely would see that when driving at night
First time I have had apparent adaptive lights, it's not immediately obvious to me as I haven't driven too much at night and have not experienced it in other cars. Sounds like you know what to look for which isn't happening for whatever reason. The full beam assist works well and throws a wide beam so again difficult to judge when on very dark roads and street lighting tends to do a job in built up areas. I will try and pay some more attention to it when out driving in the dark next time and feedback my experience if you havent found a resolution
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 01:48 AM   #25
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update on this, Car is going back to the supplying dealer tomorrow for the lights and leather issue.

Hoping I don’t just get fobbed off again as in theory it can’t be tested unless driving at night.

This could be one thing that really frustrates me about the car, not enough to ruin the experience but one of those things.

Other than that, loving it so far, nearly 600miles in

Pictures I might wait for a trip to the detailer now, it had to be postponed while my issues have been rectified
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 02:58 AM   #26
JonD999
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Update on this, Car is going back to the supplying dealer tomorrow for the lights and leather issue.

Hoping I don’t just get fobbed off again as in theory it can’t be tested unless driving at night.

This could be one thing that really frustrates me about the car, not enough to ruin the experience but one of those things.

Other than that, loving it so far, nearly 600miles in

Pictures I might wait for a trip to the detailer now, it had to be postponed while my issues have been rectified
What’s the issue with the leather Tricky?
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2022, 07:05 AM   #27
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Some marks on the side of the seat. Could be the tool used to tuck the leather into the rear plastic cover or damaged when the center console was fitted

It’s very strange and pretty small but Im not paying this much for a car to have this on the seats. I notice it every time I’m in the car now
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 10:00 AM   #28
JonD999
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Don’t blame you, it’d bug me as well, and quite right for the price you expect it to be spot on.
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      04-22-2022, 07:03 PM   #29
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Picked up my X3m comp on Saturday. Loving it so far, will get some pictures up shortly.

I have been out for the first time tonight in the dark and I don’t feel that the headlights are adaptive when cornering.

I have the standard led headlights not the laser lights. They are still listed as cornering lights when turning the wheel, as per my 2019 X3m when lasers weren’t an option.

I have just looked online and the config still shows adaptive headlights as standard. Can anybody shed some light ( excuse the pun ) on this?

If I knew the lights weren’t adaptive when Corning I would have ticked laser lights.

Also while I’m creating a post, has anybody got a mobility kit in the boot? I have the foam box for it but no kit, this was also an issue back in 2019 when they were missing
The Adaptive LED Headlights on G3x 5er LCI and G0x X3/4 LCI do not physically move horizontally.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 04:55 AM   #30
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Quote:
Picked up my X3m comp on Saturday. Loving it so far, will get some pictures up shortly.

I have been out for the first time tonight in the dark and I don’t feel that the headlights are adaptive when cornering.

I have the standard led headlights not the laser lights. They are still listed as cornering lights when turning the wheel, as per my 2019 X3m when lasers weren’t an option.

I have just looked online and the config still shows adaptive headlights as standard. Can anybody shed some light ( excuse the pun ) on this?

If I knew the lights weren’t adaptive when Corning I would have ticked laser lights.

Also while I’m creating a post, has anybody got a mobility kit in the boot? I have the foam box for it but no kit, this was also an issue back in 2019 when they were missing
Just checked my boot, I have a foam box with nothing in the storage receptacle .. thought hmmm "no mobility kit", unstrapped the foam box and lifted up ... thought "this feels heavy" .. turned it over ... and found the mobility kit located on the underside
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 04:45 AM   #31
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Think I have found the problem. Will update this shortly

Quickly in the mean time does anybody have laser lights that can tell me if they turn with the steering input of the wheel, most likely not mechanical but by changing the lighting pattern
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 02:16 PM   #32
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Think I have found the problem. Will update this shortly

Quickly in the mean time does anybody have laser lights that can tell me if they turn with the steering input of the wheel, most likely not mechanical but by changing the lighting pattern
The LCI Laser Module does mechanically move in both X/Y axis in addition to digital beam manipulation.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 05:51 AM   #33
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Interesting that the lights no longer say BMW Adaptive LED in the actual headlight unit and now only say BMW LED....

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 12:22 PM   #34
chimp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4|2021 X4MC|2022 X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Interesting that the lights no longer say BMW Adaptive LED in the actual headlight unit and now only say BMW LED....
Agreed. Noticed that difference on my 2021 vs. my 2022 when washing them over the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 01:10 AM   #35
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Right guys, update on this. The adaptive led headlights fitted as standard are not adaptive in the way that I want. They do NOT follow the angle of the steering wheel when cornering.

The bmw website, listing the spec of the car is WRONG. So anybody with an lci will also not have them move when cornering unless you ticked laser lights.

This has been and still is very frustrating for me, as I have built by car based off the configurator online which is wrong. I feel I have been cheated, mis sold and mislead in terms of the spec of my car after waiting 7 months for it to arrive.

If the information was correct I would 100% tick the laser light option but as they were listed as moving with the wheel I could only see lasers were for greater visibility.

So far I have been offered one monthly payment as compensation for the cock up. This is while bmw have had my car for 3 weeks to look into the issue and also replace the backrest on the front seat. To offer this small amount is somewhat insulting in my opinion.

I was also told by another dealer the lights aren’t faulty and I am not using them properly, so this turns out to be obvious lies when they are not even fitted in the first place.

I reported this issue to bmw Uk on the 3rd may and as of yesterday the website is still incorrect. I have spoken to a dealer I have used in the past and he was of the same opinion with all the information he could find, that they should move when cornering and if asked by a customer, would confirm this when ordering.

Sorry for the rant guys, this may seem abit petty, but it’s really frustrating me that my perfect spec car no longer has the perfect spec that I waited so long for and paid so much money.

Laser lights can not be retro fitted so this is not an option either
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 06:44 AM   #36
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Completely understand how you feel Mike, a rant worthy cause I would say. Technically BMW are in breach of basic consumer rights, of advertising something, and making a sale on something, that clearly is not as advertised / ordered and sold to you.
One of my work roles is that of an ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Manager and Lead Auditor. BMWs demonstration of trying to achieve some form of Client / Customer satisfaction is reprehensible. Trading standards / Ombudsman compliant process comes to mind here, and anyone else that feels aggrieved by this shit show, and rightly so.

If I were BMW, I would be ordering you a brand new X3MC as per your spec, with Laserlights, for exactly what you are paying now, and as recompense for your troubles allow you to keep the X3MC until the new one arrives, and also hold off your payments until such time as the new one arrives.
I hope Customer Satisfaction is achieved here for you
All the best mate!
H
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 10:38 AM   #37
Fordy99999
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Tricky,
that’s a bummer. My old Audi Q5 had full matrix lights and found them really useful, especially as I had a 150 mile daily commute. Got my LCI in April this year and don’t go out in the dark much now so don’t need it so much. That said when I do venture out after sundown, the matrix function works really well, certainly on a par with the Q5 (apart from cornering lights of course).

HoJoRo,
Agree mate, but my experience of BMW falls a lot lower than that. He’ll be lucky to get the one months payment.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 05:40 PM   #38
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Right guys, update on this. The adaptive led headlights fitted as standard are not adaptive in the way that I want. They do NOT follow the angle of the steering wheel when cornering.

The bmw website, listing the spec of the car is WRONG. So anybody with an lci will also not have them move when cornering unless you ticked laser lights.

This has been and still is very frustrating for me, as I have built by car based off the configurator online which is wrong. I feel I have been cheated, mis sold and mislead in terms of the spec of my car after waiting 7 months for it to arrive.

If the information was correct I would 100% tick the laser light option but as they were listed as moving with the wheel I could only see lasers were for greater visibility.

So far I have been offered one monthly payment as compensation for the cock up. This is while bmw have had my car for 3 weeks to look into the issue and also replace the backrest on the front seat. To offer this small amount is somewhat insulting in my opinion.

I was also told by another dealer the lights aren’t faulty and I am not using them properly, so this turns out to be obvious lies when they are not even fitted in the first place.

I reported this issue to bmw Uk on the 3rd may and as of yesterday the website is still incorrect. I have spoken to a dealer I have used in the past and he was of the same opinion with all the information he could find, that they should move when cornering and if asked by a customer, would confirm this when ordering.

Sorry for the rant guys, this may seem abit petty, but it’s really frustrating me that my perfect spec car no longer has the perfect spec that I waited so long for and paid so much money.

Laser lights can not be retro fitted so this is not an option either
Have you driven a current 5er LCI, X3/4 LCI, or iX with Laserlight at night to see how they function?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 01:24 AM   #39
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Have you driven a current 5er LCI, X3/4 LCI, or iX with Laserlight at night to see how they function?
Lem, I actually haven’t but by all accounts they are what I need/ would have ticked with the right information when ordering.

I very much doubt a re order is possible, the rate is now 5.9% and I believe the GeV has dropped too. That would mean a minimum of £200 more
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 05:50 AM   #40
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I've just complained to BMW UK about this and highlighted the inaccurate descriptive on the website.

I would have likely gone Laser had I known they didn't have full adaptive functionality as I've had them in my last cars.

Will be interesting to see what they say.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 07:07 AM   #41
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Lem, I actually haven't but by all accounts they are what I need/ would have ticked with the right information when ordering.

I very much doubt a re order is possible, the rate is now 5.9% and I believe the GeV has dropped too. That would mean a minimum of £200 more
Ok, just highly suggest trying them first if you're expecting the led light sources or the kink to move. They don't regardless of which ones spec'd. Both have static LED bend lighting (Class T).

The laser module does move, but only above a certain speed and is not limited to steering input. They are certainly better, but do require a clear understanding of how they operate.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 07:42 AM   #42
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok, just highly suggest trying them first if you're expecting the led light sources or the kink to move. They don't regardless of which ones spec'd. Both have static LED bend lighting (Class T).

The laser module does move, but only above a certain speed and is not limited to steering input. They are certainly better, but do require a clear understanding of how they operate.
Interesting thanks. If that’s the case then the description I believe is wrong on the standard led and the laser lights.

Doubtful I could get a car to try overnight, bmw dealers don’t seem to be interested in helping at all even though they agree with what I’m saying
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 07:43 AM   #43
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I've just complained to BMW UK about this and highlighted the inaccurate descriptive on the website.

I would have likely gone Laser had I known they didn't have full adaptive functionality as I've had them in my last cars.

Thanks for the back up Moff, please keep me posted on any feedback you get

What dealer did you buy from? Pm if you prefer
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #44
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the back up Moff, please keep me posted on any feedback you get

What dealer did you buy from? Pm if you prefer
Park Lane - but I'm now blaming them - I've gone direct to BMW.

Appreciate 0