BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-09-2022, 07:18 AM   #1
Captain Jack
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 (2012)

Replacement CIC

My CIC keeps rebooting when first switched on. It then settles but music partition is not available. I replaced the hard drive but the problem remains (sat nav is fine).

However, it keeps rebooting even without the hard drive, which suggests to me a more hardware problem. In the old days, I would have just replaced a bunch of components in the PSU section but these days, my hands are too shaky and eyesight is too poor to deal with SMDs. And if it's an IC that's failing, then I am screwed.

So I am looking for a 2nd hand replacement. My current CIC unit is 9275509. This has a 5 fakra connectors on it + the usual block for power, speakers etc.

Some other ones I see such as 9289212 have 6 fakra connectors, the big connector block plus another what looks like a 2-pin connector on the back. I assume that I cannot simply plug and play this one? I am happy with coding and FCS codes etc. but don't want to get something that simply won't work.

Any advice appreciated.
Appreciate 0