BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums (2018 - 2024) BMW X3M (F97) and X4M (F98) General Forum (2018+) His & Hers: 2022 Mexico Blue M3 xDrive & 2022 LCI Brooklyn Grey X3M Competition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-05-2022, 02:03 PM   #1
RockinPA
Major
RockinPA's Avatar
United_States
2459
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I posted this write up in the M3 forum last night. I wanted to share it here, too! Enjoy!

His & Hers: 2022 Mexico Blue M3 xDrive & 2022 LCI Brooklyn Grey X3M Competition https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1912653
Appreciate 9
DFTBA60.50
HoJoRo306.50
Max Well4100.00
Strick118.00
heavyD^23154.50
      04-05-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
HoJoRo's Avatar
United Kingdom
307
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: i8 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

What a damn fine "M" Stable Mr and Mrs RockinPA .. and a "write up" commensurate with such.
Happy (M)otoring & thanks for the post .. a great read and eye candy'ness
Have to say BMW got the new front end of the G80 and G82 absolutely spot on .. finally Grills that are actually quite close to Kidney shaped and a super aggressive look.
__________________
Drives: i8 Coupe - Crystal White / BMW i Blue Accent
SAV: 2020 VW Transporter Kombi - Pure Grey
Gone: 2021 X3MC LCI - Marina Bay Blue Metallic
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White

Last edited by HoJoRo; 04-05-2022 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 2
Max Well4100.00
RockinPA2459.00
      04-05-2022, 03:32 PM   #3
danniexi
Brigadier General
danniexi's Avatar
No_Country
2310
Rep
4,035
Posts

Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
great write up! enjoyed the read and its very cool how you have two S58s in the stable.

can you go into any other detail when it comes to the differences in the two cars? obviously, the X3M is that much heavier with the much higher COG, but anything else? of course, at the limit the G8x will run circles around the F97, but just wondering if it's THAT much of a difference during regular daily driving duties.

im would getting the G8x in the future (wife and I are house hunting first) so the F97 is a family car. but IF I were to get a second car, I'd definitely want it to be different overall experience, from doing a simple grocery run to a spirited drive on a weekend.
__________________
BMW MY22 F97 X3MC LCI - CURRENT BUILD THREAD
BMW MY16 F80 M3 - GONE
BMW MY08 E92 335XI - GONE
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 2
RockinPA2459.00
HoJoRo306.50
      04-05-2022, 03:45 PM   #4
Max Well
Colonel
Max Well's Avatar
4100
Rep
2,250
Posts

Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Southeast USA

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for sharing the great images and background, and congratulations! And interesting to read your wife's viewpoint which is very similar to my wife's. This is her 2nd X3MC, and she often says it'll be tough to ever drop back to non-M now that she's experienced the performance and handling of M. Enjoy!
Appreciate 2
HoJoRo306.50
RockinPA2459.00
      04-05-2022, 03:49 PM   #5
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
HoJoRo's Avatar
United Kingdom
307
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: i8 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Coincidentally I am taking my LCI in for its RIS on Monday to the dealer from whence it came , this beast is parked up in the same spot mine was in, in the showroom ... hmmm food for thought (Mexico Blue is another Stunning "M" Blue).

https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/bmw/use...-xdrive-2-door
__________________
Drives: i8 Coupe - Crystal White / BMW i Blue Accent
SAV: 2020 VW Transporter Kombi - Pure Grey
Gone: 2021 X3MC LCI - Marina Bay Blue Metallic
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 2
RockinPA2459.00
Spoonhead353.00
      04-06-2022, 11:03 AM   #6
danniexi
Brigadier General
danniexi's Avatar
No_Country
2310
Rep
4,035
Posts

Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
that website sounds like it's being run by my whore of an ex-girlfriend.
__________________
BMW MY22 F97 X3MC LCI - CURRENT BUILD THREAD
BMW MY16 F80 M3 - GONE
BMW MY08 E92 335XI - GONE
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo306.50
      04-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #7
RockinPA
Major
RockinPA's Avatar
United_States
2459
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
What a damn fine "M" Stable Mr and Mrs RockinPA .. and a "write up" commensurate with such.
Happy (M)otoring & thanks for the post .. a great read and eye candy'ness
Have to say BMW got the new front end of the G80 and G82 absolutely spot on .. finally Grills that are actually quite close to Kidney shaped and a super aggressive look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
Coincidentally I am taking my LCI in for its RIS on Monday to the dealer from whence it came , this beast is parked up in the same spot mine was in, in the showroom ... hmmm food for thought (Mexico Blue is another Stunning "M" Blue).

https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/bmw/use...-xdrive-2-door

Thank you so much for the kind words. I love the front end. It really is aggressive looking but still classy. I love it!

Haha! That's awesome. I hope you bought it! It's such an amazing color in person. It's "electric" looking.

Cheers dude!
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo306.50
      04-06-2022, 11:17 AM   #8
RockinPA
Major
RockinPA's Avatar
United_States
2459
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
great write up! enjoyed the read and its very cool how you have two S58s in the stable.

can you go into any other detail when it comes to the differences in the two cars? obviously, the X3M is that much heavier with the much higher COG, but anything else? of course, at the limit the G8x will run circles around the F97, but just wondering if it's THAT much of a difference during regular daily driving duties.

im would getting the G8x in the future (wife and I are house hunting first) so the F97 is a family car. but IF I were to get a second car, I'd definitely want it to be different overall experience, from doing a simple grocery run to a spirited drive on a weekend.
Thank you dude! I appreciate that. We are fortunate to have both as options.

It's so hard to articulate what the difference is (aside from the obvious)… they are very different. The M3 feels much faster. The bucket seats in the M3 may have something to do with such a vastly different drive feel. They are fantastic and really make you feel like you're piloting a race car. Truly connected to the chassis. The M3 sounds different (even before the PSI midpipe was installed). It handles much better (much to do with being lower and lighter obviously). The nice thing I noticed about the X3M is it's an suv that drives more like a car. We like that. The range rover sport we had prior drove like a truck (in a bad way - I love trucks).

The M3 is definitely very different. They may share the same power train but in my opinion, that's where it stops. Both are incredibly capable, amazing machines though… Especially if you need your second car to have four doors, there's no better option out there!

I hope this helps! Lmk if you have any other specific questions. I love talking cars. Good luck on the house hunt. Market here in socal is asinine.
Cheers dude.
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo306.50
      04-06-2022, 11:20 AM   #9
RockinPA
Major
RockinPA's Avatar
United_States
2459
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Thanks for sharing the great images and background, and congratulations! And interesting to read your wife's viewpoint which is very similar to my wife's. This is her 2nd X3MC, and she often says it'll be tough to ever drop back to non-M now that she's experienced the performance and handling of M. Enjoy!
Thank you dude!! That's awesome lol. We created monsters. Haha! Yep, my wife absolutely loves it! "I want an X5M next!" 😂🤦🏻*♂️

Cheers dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
that website sounds like it's being run by my whore of an ex-girlfriend.
😂😂
Appreciate 2
HoJoRo306.50
Max Well4100.00
      04-06-2022, 12:32 PM   #10
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
HoJoRo's Avatar
United Kingdom
307
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: i8 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
that website sounds like it's being run by my whore of an ex-girlfriend.
LMAO I never thought of it that way ... good shout .. I'll mention that to my good friend and BMW "Sales Executive" on Monday when I take the X3MC down for its RIS
__________________
Drives: i8 Coupe - Crystal White / BMW i Blue Accent
SAV: 2020 VW Transporter Kombi - Pure Grey
Gone: 2021 X3MC LCI - Marina Bay Blue Metallic
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 10:21 AM   #11
Soylent
Captain
Soylent's Avatar
730
Rep
887
Posts

Drives: 2021 M4C
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Nice setup! I know all subdivisions can look the same but is that Dove Canyon? Brother-in-law lives there.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA2459.00
      04-07-2022, 11:49 AM   #12
Strick
Private First Class
118
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3MC, 2019 M2C
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bucks County, PA

iTrader: (0)

Amazing stable, thanks for sharing! Congrats and enjoy!!
__________________
- 2022 X3MC (Alpine White)
- 2019 M2C (Sunset Orange)
- 2009 E92 M3 (Jet Black)
Appreciate 1
RockinPA2459.00
      04-07-2022, 01:54 PM   #13
RockinPA
Major
RockinPA's Avatar
United_States
2459
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Nice setup! I know all subdivisions can look the same but is that Dove Canyon? Brother-in-law lives there.
Thanks dude! Nice, I grew up in that are. Nope, those were in Huntington Beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Amazing stable, thanks for sharing! Congrats and enjoy!!
Thanks so much dude!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 03:18 PM   #14
r33_RGSport
Lieutenant General
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
9554
Rep
16,753
Posts

Drives: 997.1 C4S, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (5)

Nice collection.
__________________
Email:sales@rgsport.com | IG:RGSport_USA | Web:RGSportShop.com
ID4 SALE!!!
Evolution Racewerks - up to 20% | RaceChip - up to 20%

FB Group: F95 X5M / F96 X6M | G01 X3 / G02 X4 / F97 X3M / F98 X4M | G05 X5 / G06 X6 / G07 X7 | G80 M3 / G82 M4
Appreciate 1
RockinPA2459.00
      04-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #15
RockinPA
Major
RockinPA's Avatar
United_States
2459
Rep
1,201
Posts

Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Nice collection.
Thank you Ben! We appreciate all your help! See you again next week dude.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST