BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-08-2019, 05:08 AM   #23
csh212
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAUROS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOT1 View Post
Quote:
Those are without spacers! If you're going to run PS4S year around then you must live in a region where there's no chance of snow or inclement weather.
I'm in Florida!!
I'm jealous, lol 😏 I'm in MD and we are expecting snow next week, lol. However, I've been considering just running PS4S year around because my wife also has an SUV, so I figure if we need to go out in bad weather/snow, then we can just drive hers. 🤔
Just a FYI for those those garage kept X3MC keeping their summer tires on all year long. See the part regarding the gradual thaw back to temp after exposure to 19F/-7C.

"The SportContact 6 is Continental's Max Performance Summer tire developed to meet the engineering demands of vehicle manufacturers' highest performing models. Introduced to the U.S. as the Original Equipment tire on the exclusive Audi R8 V10 Plus, the SportContact 6 is designed to combine responsive handling, ultimate grip and high speed stability in dry and wet conditions. However, like all Max Performance Summer tires, the SportContact 6 is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.The tread rubber of the SportContact 6 is Continental's Black Chili compound, which utilizes a special racing grade carbon black designed to interact with the texture of the road for maximum adhesion, in addition to quickly reaching operating temperature. The asymmetric tread pattern features a strong outboard shoulder with a closely spaced intermediate rib for lateral stability during at-the-limit handling. The continuous center rib provides uninterrupted contact with the road for solid on-center feel and responsive turn-in. The deep, circumferential grooves and lateral notches efficiently evacuate water from beneath the contact patch to resist hydroplaning.Internally, a two-ply rayon casing supports two high-tensile steel belts. Continental's exclusive Aralon 350 hybrid cap ply reinforces the steel belts and helps maintain the tire's shape at high speeds for increased stability and control.Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced." -Tire rack
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2019, 07:14 AM   #24
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Very good to know. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #25
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
It is 21x11 +35.
Stock rear is 39mm so will be 4mm further in than your setup at the top corner of the tyre, but being on an 11" wheel instead of a 10" will stretch out the sidewall a bit more.
      12-08-2019, 02:02 PM   #26
clickclickboom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Rust Bucket

I checked clearance front and rear. On the front you CAN NOT go any taller or wider without a spacer. There is clearance but I can not get my finger between the back of the tire and strut. The top of the tire if also about a 1/4" or so under the spring seat of the strut. As for the rears, I see no rub marks on the tire, the upper mount or the wheel liner. Maybe will a lot of weight the tire could camber in. I would think I would have noticed since my drive dips coming in off the road and articulates the suspension. I may put some 10mm all the way around, but I see no issue at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 02:08 PM   #27
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Thanks for sharing your experience. Several of us are tempted to go with wider tires and are curious as to the limits.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #28
MistaVauros
///M... Nuff Said.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M5C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csh212 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Those are without spacers! If you're going to run PS4S year around then you must live in a region where there's no chance of snow or inclement weather.
I'm in Florida!!
I'm jealous, lol 😏 I'm in MD and we are expecting snow next week, lol. However, I've been considering just running PS4S year around because my wife also has an SUV, so I figure if we need to go out in bad weather/snow, then we can just drive hers. 🤔
Just a FYI for those those garage kept X3MC keeping their summer tires on all year long. See the part regarding the gradual thaw back to temp after exposure to 19F/-7C.

"The SportContact 6 is Continental's Max Performance Summer tire developed to meet the engineering demands of vehicle manufacturers' highest performing models. Introduced to the U.S. as the Original Equipment tire on the exclusive Audi R8 V10 Plus, the SportContact 6 is designed to combine responsive handling, ultimate grip and high speed stability in dry and wet conditions. However, like all Max Performance Summer tires, the SportContact 6 is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.The tread rubber of the SportContact 6 is Continental's Black Chili compound, which utilizes a special racing grade carbon black designed to interact with the texture of the road for maximum adhesion, in addition to quickly reaching operating temperature. The asymmetric tread pattern features a strong outboard shoulder with a closely spaced intermediate rib for lateral stability during at-the-limit handling. The continuous center rib provides uninterrupted contact with the road for solid on-center feel and responsive turn-in. The deep, circumferential grooves and lateral notches efficiently evacuate water from beneath the contact patch to resist hydroplaning.Internally, a two-ply rayon casing supports two high-tensile steel belts. Continental's exclusive Aralon 350 hybrid cap ply reinforces the steel belts and helps maintain the tire's shape at high speeds for increased stability and control.Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced." -Tire rack
On that note, I'll proceed with getting the Pirelli Scorpion AS tire setup and run those year around unless I plan to track, at which point, I'll swap to the PS4S.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - J. Dean
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 04:21 PM   #29
kjb914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 X3M Comp

Installing same tires tomorrow. Will post lots of pics and feedback.
Appreciate 3
knepsterd376.50
ONLYA6217.00
      01-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #30
kjb914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Installed Perelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus 295/35/21 rear and 265/40/21 front. No rubbing, the ride is great. Definitely improved the stance and overall look but I think spacers will really set it off. Just nervous about how bad the paint is going to get dinged up from rocks. Honestly, the new tires don't stick out much further than stock - maybe just a hair - but the body lines curve inwards exposing the tire on the lower fender.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-02-2020, 05:15 PM   #31
SWOT1
The Hammock Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC, X3 M40i, E93 M3

Garage List
LOVE it!! Can't wait for my delivery (end of the month) and do the same 265f/295r with the PS4S! Looks perfect. (the rear stance is exactly how this vehicle should come stock!)

- '20 X3MC | Alpine White | Black Alcantara/Midrand Beige | loaded | 295/265 PS4S
- '09 E93 M3 | Alpine White | Bamboo Beige Novillo | DCT | loaded | Chrome M220 Wheels - 275/255 PSS
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 05:31 PM   #32
knepsterd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 BSM

Quote:
LOVE it!! Can't wait for my delivery (end of the month) and do the same 265f/295r with the PS4S! Looks perfect. (the rear stance is exactly how this vehicle should come stock!)
I'm having this done on Saturday same a/s set up
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 05:46 PM   #33
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb914 View Post
Installed Perelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus 295/35/21 rear and 265/40/21 front. No rubbing, the ride is great. Definitely improved the stance and overall look but I think spacers will really set it off. Just nervous about how bad the paint is going to get dinged up from rocks. Honestly, the new tires don't stick out much further than stock - maybe just a hair - but the body lines curve inwards exposing the tire on the lower fender.
Thank you for the pictures! Looks awesome. Congratulations on the look.

Any chance you can post a side shot? Wasn't sure if the .1" less side wall and .2" height made any visual difference.

Any issue in cranking the wheel either way?

I was think about having PPF applied to the lower rear. Hopefully it won't be that expensive.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #34
kjb914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post

Any chance you can post a side shot? Wasn't sure if the .1" less side wall and .2" height made any visual difference.

I was think about having PPF applied to the lower rear. Hopefully it won't be that expensive.
I'll have to grab that photo for you tomorrow.

No issue with turning at all. I make crazy tight turns to get in and out of my garage and I had no issue at all.

PPF was what I was thinking, gonna have it priced out. Even tho my truck is leased...I still feel bad about just f'ing it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #35
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

No issue with turning at all. I make crazy tight turns to get in and out of my garage and I had no issue at all.

PPF was what I was thinking, gonna have it priced out. Even tho my truck is leased...I still feel bad about just f'ing it up.
Thank you very much and that is positive news on turning.

I know what you are saying with the lease....It would set my OCD off it didn't look new. lol

I'm thinking a piece from that rear panel seam and below tail light down and around to the tailgate entry. Maybe wrap it right into the tailgate jam area. It would on have a seam running down above the exhaust on each side. Wrapping it all the way around would be the best...no visible seam but $$$
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #36
knepsterd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I had 305 on non m sport 2015 x5 and it did not have damage. Paint on bmw is better than the shot on Lexus. It had a poke since no fender extension. No issues on that. Just saying
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 03:33 AM   #37
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Looks damn good. Can't wait to to burn through my factory set of ps4s and upgrade to this!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #38
kjb914
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Side shot
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
SWOT1492.50
mtndog116.50
      01-03-2020, 11:32 AM   #39
SWOT1
The Hammock Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC, X3 M40i, E93 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Side shot
LOVE those 295's on the stock rear rims... perfect!

- '20 X3MC | Alpine White | Black Alcantara/Midrand Beige | loaded | 295/265 PS4S
- '09 E93 M3 | Alpine White | Bamboo Beige Novillo | DCT | loaded | Chrome M220 Wheels - 275/255 PSS
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #40
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Side shot
awesome look! Thank you for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #41
knepsterd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Side shot
All season set up
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #42
12v_dub
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' M340i

Wondering if 265's are too wide for the front on m40i models. I may just go with all season pirellis instead of PS4s
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #43
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

In the UK, i think insurance can be a problem if tyres are not as specified by production. I really am guessing and could be way wrong. I think that we have to have star rated, some form of asterix in the tyre, to comply. Could be wrong, just saying.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #44
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by knepsterd View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Side shot
All season set up
Great shot!

265/40 front 295/35 rear?
Appreciate 0