BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-20-2019, 10:57 AM   #1189
Climate Changer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i xdrive convertible

Garage List
2018 230i xdrive co ...  [0.00]
2019 x3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb15re View Post
Probably need to be careful using 2 different devices to code, I found a backup folder on my phone the other day, there were quite a few files in there, these of course wont be transferred between devises thus if you change something on one then go to another I'm not sure you'll be able to restore items you haven't changed on that new device.
I don't recommend using more than one devise as well, but OP was asking about transferring the app to a new device.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 05:47 AM   #1190
Eclimax13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Having an issue save presets after coding. I tried saving the sport displays, which I had previously done, and it says unsuccessful. I did change the color and wondering if that is causing the issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #1191
b.guggenmos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M40I Phytonic Blue

My first attempt at coding. ASD off. Good. ASS giving me problems getting it to remember to stay off. I went to the cluster and somehow made the clock just stay at 12:00 even though the time is correct on the I drive screen. I had a check engine light stay on after going in to the cluster so I bought BimmerLink and bimmercode. The one for reading codes will not connect with my MX+ even though it is listed as an accepted adapter. Very confused at this point. More reading. This is my first week so a steep learning curve. I should have stopped after the ASD today.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 04:30 PM   #1192
b.guggenmos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M40I Phytonic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.guggenmos View Post
My first attempt at coding. ASD off. Good. ASS giving me problems getting it to remember to stay off. I went to the cluster and somehow made the clock just stay at 12:00 even though the time is correct on the I drive screen. I had a check engine light stay on after going in to the cluster so I bought BimmerLink and bimmercode. The one for reading codes will not connect with my MX+ even though it is listed as an accepted adapter. Very confused at this point. More reading. This is my first week so a steep learning curve. I should have stopped after the ASD today.
Ok. Got the clock back. The time was not correct in the I drive. I think that is enough for today. I would like to get BimmerLink link to connect with my MX+ though. It is not listed in the list of adapters in the app? Brian
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:52 PM   #1193
marcati
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
There are two systems. North American cars are equipped with TPMS (metal stems) that can track pressure and temperature. Rest of the world (plastic stems) usually has RPA, which uses revolutions to estimate pressure. Check stems or VIN for 2VB.
Yes... I know I don’t have TPMS.
This is a broader question of what would happen if I enabled the coding option even though I don’t have the required hardware.
Would car report faults because it’s now expecting info from a non existent subsystem?

Same query with the alarm specific codings... when I don’t have an alarm.
Ie. Beep for lock/unlock
I didn't realize I didn't have TPMS and coded the pressure and temperature for my car. I didn't get any errors; however, when I click on the vehicle status screen it just shows blank dashed lines where the values should be
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #1194
marcati
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swestland85 View Post
Anyone know how I can code the passenger mirror on how far it dips when in reverse? Standard it dips very far which makes it impossible to use to look where you are going, it's good that you see the curb but it's a bit to far. My previous E91 had the same functions but didn't dip that far.

It doesn't seem available in Carly or Bimmercode.
I have a 2019 x4 G02. It's standard in Bimmercode and let's you code by degrees. Very easy to adjust.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #1195
marcati
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v_dub View Post
Is there any way to add turn signals to the HUD screen or any additional items on there besides speedo and navigation? Also, is it possible to add speed zone limit to the cluster like the European models have?
what's the visual graphic of your car and the green lines showing in the display? Never seen that before. Mine just stays blank
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 02:08 AM   #1196
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcati View Post
what's the visual graphic of your car and the green lines showing in the display? Never seen that before. Mine just stays blank
I'm assuming that is lane assist?
      03-24-2019, 03:37 AM   #1197
marcati
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Quote:
I get a small green icon in the upper left-hand side of my instrument console which shows it, but that's it
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 03:53 AM   #1198
808ron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Has anyone figured out how to code fogs on with parking lights only?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 04:34 AM   #1199
tonyb15re
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
assuming its lane departure warning.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 04:53 AM   #1200
Cruisejack
Rep
Drives: diesel X3

Auto Steering

I have the auto lane assist that takes over the cars steering and it turns off after about 30 seconds if you don’t touch the steering wheel. Has anyone worked out how to code this to extend the time?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:39 AM   #1201
m235hou
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v_dub View Post
Is there any way to add turn signals to the HUD screen or any additional items on there besides speedo and navigation? Also, is it possible to add speed zone limit to the cluster like the European models have?
That's the driving assistance plus (green lines are indicating that the car will stay in the lane for you and the car logo means speed /cruise control is adjusted to follow the car in front)
      03-24-2019, 06:39 AM   #1202
m235hou
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.seychell@gmail.com View Post
I have the auto lane assist that takes over the cars steering and it turns off after about 30 seconds if you don’t touch the steering wheel. Has anyone worked out how to code this to extend the time?
Maybe on esys. Not possible with BimmerCode (at least not yet)
      03-24-2019, 06:44 AM   #1203
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I get a small green icon in the upper left-hand side of my instrument console which shows it, but that's it
The little green icon on upper left is the Lane Departure warning.

The green lines and the steering wheel icons in the middle lower portion is the Steering and Lane Control Assistance.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #1204
Eulenspiegel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i; 1994 E34 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
I've left my OBDLink LX in my car all the time (out of laziness) and no alarm issues. Wonder what's different with the MX.
I sometimes leave my OBDLink MX+ plugged in and it never set off an alarm after locking except once, when I had left the OBDLink app running. It took me a while to diagnose the problem, not having seen that language in the manual.

OT: Newbie question: How do you add a category to forum profile for, e.g., a list of former BMWs owned?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #1205
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulenspiegel View Post
I sometimes leave my OBDLink MX+ plugged in and it never set off an alarm after locking except once, when I had left the OBDLink app running. It took me a while to diagnose the problem, not having seen that language in the manual.

OT: Newbie question: How do you add a category to forum profile for, e.g., a list of former BMWs owned?
In your profile settings page, under “edit signature”, here’s how I constructed my quite elaborate one!

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #1206
marcati
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The green lines and the steering wheel icons in the middle lower portion is the Steering and Lane Control Assistance.
Thanks for the explanation. How do I know if I have this feature and how do you activate it?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:34 PM   #1207
Eclimax13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Can someone try to save sport displays to their favorites? For some reason mine won't save.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:33 AM   #1208
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the explanation. How do I know if I have this feature and how do you activate it?
If you have lane keep/change assistant and ACC you will have 2 extra buttons on steering wheel above and below the res button, if you have 2 blank buttons there you won't have it
Appreciate 1
marcati39.00
      03-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #1209
KTMF
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808ron View Post
Has anyone figured out how to code fogs on with parking lights only?
Under BDC, go into expert mode.

NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL = Aktiv

If you want fogs on with highbeams:
NSW_AUS_BEI_FL = nicht aktiv
Appreciate 3
      03-26-2019, 06:26 AM   #1210
marcati
Banned
Rep

Anyone know how to code the driver seat to automatically slide back on the rails when the driver door is opened? The feature must be in Expert mode, but no idea where.
Appreciate 0