BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2019, 06:43 AM   #23
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post

Can I use a rapid detail spray on a ceramic coating?
Yes, no problem with detailing spray (assuming you mean Meguiars Ultimate Detailer). Some manufacturers like Gtechniq even have "lite" version of ceramics (such as C2V3) that you spray on wet and use as drying aid.

neither will sort your swirls/marks though
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 08:20 AM   #24
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Phytonic Blue X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post
Yes, no problem with detailing spray (assuming you mean Meguiars Ultimate Detailer). Some manufacturers like Gtechniq even have "lite" version of ceramics (such as C2V3) that you spray on wet and use as drying aid.

neither will sort your swirls/marks though
Thanks for that.

I have contacted the dealer who said they can take off the product as it’s the same process as when they prep a new car but don’t want them to touch the car.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #25
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

I dont know the product - Maybe then if its that easy to remove you could try something like Panel wipe or alcohol (even glasses wipes might be worth a try) or brake cleaner if its alcohol based.

Do i recall you are Glasgow based? plenty detailers around there that is worth driving to and asking their opinion
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #26
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Are we sure it's a ceramic and not just a nano wax? I went through this process with my 740d to get the nano sealant off and remove the swirls:

1. Jetwash
2. Snow foam
3. Rinse
4. Wash
5. Clay
6. ironX
7. Rinse
8. 2 stage polish with DA and yellow pad with Mezerna 2400 followed by black waffle pad and Merzerna 3800 (on certain parts I used the hard white pad as well but I just upped the pad hardness kept the first cut polish the same)
9. Swissvax wax

That did the job but took 2 days.
      12-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #27
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post
I dont know the product - Maybe then if its that easy to remove you could try something like Panel wipe or alcohol (even glasses wipes might be worth a try) or brake cleaner if its alcohol based.

Do i recall you are Glasgow based? plenty detailers around there that is worth driving to and asking their opinion
Sorry last post was a bit misleading.

The product I referred to was the coating they had put in the car not a product to remove the coating.

I’m in East Yorkshire, I have contacted a detailed to see what he suggests as I’m not letting the dealer touch the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #28
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep

Hi All

Just a little update.

I gave the car a wash today and thankfully all the swirls where just product which had not been removed properly. I also found lots of small white dots of something in small patches all over the car which I was able to polish off using Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

The car really needs a good polish and wax but weather not good enough at the minute to get it looking its best.

Just glad the swirls came out as in direst sunlight the car looked awful.

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.
Appreciate 1