BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #45
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Wow, what is that a manual seat in a G01 X3??
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #46
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Nice catch! I think the first pic with the center console leather trimmed showed a X4 20d, according to the original poster. Maybe by cutting out the electric adjustable seat, they can afford slapping a couple of leather pieces onto the center console
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #47
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
No it’s a G02 X4.

Electric seats are only standard on M40’s
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 10:21 PM   #48
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
No it’s a G02 X4.

Electric seats are only standard on M40’s
Speaking of differences between consumer expectations in the US vs Europe....non-power seats in an BMW X3/X4...I believe the phrase over here is "that dog don't hunt"
      12-12-2018, 02:38 AM   #49
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoptb View Post
Speaking of differences between consumer expectations in the US vs Europe....non-power seats in an BMW X3/X4...I believe the phrase over here is "that dog don't hunt"
A lot of people are the sole driver of their car, so they set the seats once and never touch it again. I can definitely see why they’d want to save £1k.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 04:49 AM   #50
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoptb View Post
A lot of people are the sole driver of their car, so they set the seats once and never touch it again. I can definitely see why they'd want to save £1k.
For all the €€€ that you already paid for the upgraded Merino leather, they still want to charge you an extra €1k for the electrical seats???

It feels as cheap as if, as an example just to illustrate the point - you go buy a M40i, and they would only give you 17" wheels as standard, any 19" wheels would be an extra $2k option :
Appreciate 1
shoptb176.00
      12-12-2018, 07:04 AM   #51
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

Quote:
A lot of people are the sole driver of their car, so they set the seats once and never touch it again. I can definitely see why they’d want to save £1k.
I did. As a sole driver of my car.
Everything costs money. If it's included, you've already paid for it, so ...
Every penny is still a penny.

Similar reason I didn't get the fog lights. With the advantage package here, you get a base X3, sort of, without fog lights and without some x-line exterior plastic bits. I have still loaded most of the other technology parts, but not 19" rims, because I wanted as much rubber as possible to soften up the ride. For me that is most important, since I'm inside the car, not looking at it from the outside (that much).
And it made the car slightly cheaper.
A penny is still a penny.

/n
Appreciate 1
teaston10994.50
      12-12-2018, 07:25 AM   #52
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
Quote:

Similar reason I didn't get the fog lights. With the advantage package here, you get a base X3, sort of, without fog lights and without some x-line exterior plastic bits. I have still loaded most of the other technology parts, but not 19" rims, because I wanted as much rubber as possible to soften up the ride. For me that is most important, since I'm inside the car, not looking at it from the outside (that much).

/n
Totally understand and agree, I would have done something similar if I were in your shoes.

My issue was with the expansive Merino upgrade - if you pay a lot of money to get that as an option, BMW should throw in the electrical seat as a package to go with Merino. They don't have to do that if it were the SensaTec vinyl seats... :
Appreciate 1
shoptb176.00
      12-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #53
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogren View Post
Quote:
A lot of people are the sole driver of their car, so they set the seats once and never touch it again. I can definitely see why they'd want to save £1k.

/n
Totally understand and agree, I would have done something similar if I were in your shoes.

My issue was with the expansive Merino upgrade - if you pay a lot of money to get that as an option, BMW should throw in the electrical seat as a package to go with Merino. They don't have to do that if it were the SensaTec vinyl seats... :
If you got memory seats with merino then you can bet you'd be paying for it! I actually think it's good on the X3 you can add merino without any prerequisites, on the 5 Series you can only have Nappa if you also add comfort seats at around £1300, and if you want Merino seats you also have to have leather dash and cooled seats at nearly £3k!!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #54
freitz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40i 2018 & X128i 2014

Quote:
Yes the US guys get BMW’s seriously cheap, they’re priced like Fords are here! Probably why Merino isn’t available there, Americans just aren’t prepared to pay the going rate for things.
Don't think that is by any means a fair comment. Would happily pay well over 2k for real merino seats. That is still less then a good solid leather chair.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 02:21 AM   #55
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post
Quote:
Yes the US guys get BMW’s seriously cheap, they’re priced like Fords are here! Probably why Merino isn’t available there, Americans just aren’t prepared to pay the going rate for things.
Don't think that is by any means a fair comment. Would happily pay well over 2k for real merino seats. That is still less then a good solid leather chair.
I meant the American car buying public in general, not just cherry picked individuals.
Appreciate 0