BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums Third Generation BMW X3 (G01) General Forum (2017+) X3/evoque/glc

12-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #23
teaston
M40d incoming:
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Do they make an Evoque with a proper sized engine yet?
No, it is an entry level crossover.
      12-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #24
T16ole
Private
Rep
Drives: M40i

I was reading this thread and muddling the Evqoue with the Velar.

Sorry but no Evoque is in the same league as an M40d a Velar yes but not an Evoque.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 02:57 AM   #25
RichM50d
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i & KTM 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16ole View Post

Sorry but no Evoque is in the same league as an M40d a Velar yes but not an Evoque.
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 04:48 AM   #26
Myk-D
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i & Honda CRV Sport

Isn't the Evoque considerably smaller than the X3? The last one was and the new one is the same size, although the longer wheelbase makes it slightly more roomy than before. I guess it depends how much you need the extra space, although personally I'd never pay that amount of money for an Evoque.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 05:48 AM   #27
MediaMan
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0dM, Phytonic Blue

Has JLR sorted the DPF issue on the new Evoke? On diesel models because the engine was transverse, with no space near engine for the DPF, it is downstream in the exhaust and there have been reports of it not getting hot enough to regenerate. So the engine gets injected with extra diesel to force a DPF re-gen but the diesel can and does sink down the bores into the sump. The result has been oil changes at 5k miles - lots on Honest John website.

This problem is not so prevalent on the F Pace as engine is longitudinal, but with reports of so many electrical and other issues on a 50k Evoke, I felt quality control and other detail was lacking. May have been addressed now. I was also concerned that some JLR dealers were dismissing owner problems as 'characteristics of the car'. All in all it was disappointing as I am a former Jaguar employee (30 years back), so current purchase schemes don't benefit me.

While initially I was after an F Pace and also test drove an E Pace (no opening sun roof but v nice), F Pace (2.0 which was good) and Evoke, the latter I found dated inside and it felt stodgy driving. Not a fan of the rotary gear selector either. Is the new one much better? Hated Merc's as too blingy inside.

The X3 wasn't even on the radar until I saw an ad for one in the dealer in Phytonic blue and thought, looks nice, why not? A test drive convinced me it was superior to an LR or Jag. 3 months and 2,500 miles on, no regrets - yet.

Good luck with the search.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #28
teaston
M40d incoming:
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk-D View Post
Isn't the Evoque considerably smaller than the X3? The last one was and the new one is the same size, although the longer wheelbase makes it slightly more roomy than before. I guess it depends how much you need the extra space, although personally I'd never pay that amount of money for an Evoque.
Yes, being a FWD, transverse mounted engine platform it is comparable to the X1.
      12-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #29
freitz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40i 2018 & X128i 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Do they make an Evoque with a proper sized engine yet?
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...

That is what I thought when my wife looked at them.
Appreciate 0