BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-13-2024, 05:11 AM   #1
SLx3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

2013 X3 completely dead and air noise coming from dash

Hi there, woke this morning to my 2013 X3 alarm going off periodically. Went to investigate, car couldn't be opened electronically (tried both keys), opened manually and the car is completely dead - I couldn't get the alarm to stop although it has since stopped on its own. The hand brake light was on, now even it isn't lit up.

Was running fine last night, I didn't leave anything on that I am aware of.

There is a noise coming from the dash air vents, sort of sounds as though the air is on (faint but noticeable), otherwise it's completely dead.

I am waiting for my father-in-law to get back to me to see if he can try jumping it, but in the meantime, I thought I would see if you guys have any ideas to what the cause could be, does this sound like just a dead battery? Its the air type noise that odd to me (though I don't know a thing about cars lol)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 02:24 PM   #2
Houranimd49
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive, F25 xDrive35i

Garage List
In my experience, when a Beemer starts having weird electrical issues, battery is the first thing I check. And for me, the battery has usually been the culprit. Make sure to register it to the car if you change it.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 08:25 AM   #3
SLx3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

So as an update, I had the car jump started, but the blower came on (despite being off). Mechanic took it to charge it and the battery was being drained by the air blowing even though it was off. What would cause this? He has disconnected or removed the fuse for that blower (his words) and battery is grand, he’s trying a part that he “hopes works”. Any ideas or suggestions before I take it to BM and get charged an arm and a leg lol
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 01:54 PM   #4
richardodn
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X3 35iX/'20 440ix cabrio

Most likely case is a fault in the IHKA module. This is the module that controls the HVAC systems. It's probably not going to sleep correctly although it is possible another module is waking it up.
2020 Estoril Blue 440i xDrive cabrio w/MPPSK - This car is a blast to drive.
Appreciate 0