BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
chrispitude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325xiT 6MT, F31 328xdT

CPO 2016 BMW X3 28d - NOX/O2/DPF replacement

Hi all,

We picked up a CPO 2016 BMW X3 28d a few months ago. A few weeks ago, the check engine light went on, then went out after a few days. To be safe (because it was a diesel), we took it in to have them check the fault codes.

To make a long story short, they kept it for three days and replaced two NOX sensors, the upper O2 sensor, and the DPF. I was concerned because the car only has 45k miles on it. But interestingly, the work order says that the vehicle had the older DPF in it. I confirmed with the mechanic that BMW is installing a redesigned DPF from ours. I don't know when that part went into service, but I'm attaching a PDF of the work order if anyone's interested.

Here's to hoping there are no more DPF failures in our future!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf F25_DPF_Redacted.pdf (2.04 MB, 712 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
Eaglesview
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 28d

Exactly the same experience I have had with my 2015 28d. Third time check engine light came on they replaced the DPF filter with what I was told a new design. Replaced at approximately the same mileage. Seem to get slightly better fuel economy and exhaust may be a bit louder.

Love the engine transmission match.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #3
russellarmond
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

How is it working right now? My X5 E70 engine exhaust is creating issues and someone suggested me this NOX Sensor https://xenons4u.co.uk/bmw-857647101...ox-sensor.html . Any suggestions or recommendation?
Appreciate 0