BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-21-2019, 06:14 AM   #111
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
Yeah, thanks Nev. I like the idea of having the cerium bits on the wheels coated in a dark gunmetal or black finish while leaving the polished pieces to create a contrast.

I will then get them ceramic coated as part of that treatment either with GTechniq C5 or Kamikaze Stance at the retailer to try and maintain the finish as long as possible.

Next year, I'm also contemplating swapping the tyres out for the X3M Michelin PS4S to get better grip and have the stock 21" tyres as a spare set. Seen that these tyres should work as others have done them here.

Thanks for the mats recommendation, that's swung it for me!

I'm thinking though of a better 3rd party mat for the boot than the BMW version as it looks very much of an afterthought than one that was truly made for the car... any thoughts on this?
No worries, and good shout on the X3M tyres.
The OEM Boot liner is crap mate, so go aftermarket I reckon.
Slides around and doesn’t have much of a lip
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 06:34 AM   #112
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3M40i_Nev View Post
Quote:
Yeah, thanks Nev. I like the idea of having the cerium bits on the wheels coated in a dark gunmetal or black finish while leaving the polished pieces to create a contrast.

I will then get them ceramic coated as part of that treatment either with GTechniq C5 or Kamikaze Stance at the retailer to try and maintain the finish as long as possible.

Next year, I'm also contemplating swapping the tyres out for the X3M Michelin PS4S to get better grip and have the stock 21" tyres as a spare set. Seen that these tyres should work as others have done them here.

I'm thinking though of a better 3rd party mat for the boot than the BMW version as it looks very much of an afterthought than one that was truly made for the car... any thoughts on this?
No worries, and good shout on the X3M tyres.
The OEM Boot liner is crap mate, so go aftermarket I reckon.
Slides around and doesn’t have much of a lip
MPerf mats purchased, along the the MPerf key case.

Will wait till the car is delivered and get bootliner in future...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #113
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So fellow forum members, would you recommend the X3 OEM rubber mats or the M Performance mats?

I've also decided to get the car a new car detail at a certified GTechniq installer in Stirling. Going for CSU Black with Exo coating, full interior protection and the works outside including taking the alloys off, coating and adding back.

Got a great deal, so look forward to seeing the finished article.

One thing, I'm contemplating having the 718M wheels where the cerium parts are, powder coated in either black or dark grey. Any consensus on whether you think this might be a good idea, or should I stick with the standard?
DEFINITELY the M Performance ones!
I love my 718's as they are, but will be Coating them when I swap
to winters. But those that go black bits instead of cerium, I can understand going black, but your idea sounds better and would look very good

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So fellow forum members, would you recommend the X3 OEM rubber mats or the M Performance mats?

I've also decided to get the car a new car detail at a certified GTechniq installer in Stirling. Going for CSU Black with Exo coating, full interior protection and the works outside including taking the alloys off, coating and adding back.

Got a great deal, so look forward to seeing the finished article.

One thing, I'm contemplating having the 718M wheels where the cerium parts are, powder coated in either black or dark grey. Any consensus on whether you think this might be a good idea, or should I stick with the standard?
DEFINITELY the M Performance ones!
I love my 718's as they are, but will be Coating them when I swap
to winters. But those that go black bits instead of cerium, I can understand going black, but your idea sounds better and would look very good

I like the M Perfomance mats....definitely want those for mine. Oh and the free floating wheel centres (ala Rolls Royce) so that the centre BMW rounded is always right way up . Like you say, I think you can get better boot liners than the OEM one - the 3D Maxpider one looks great but struggling to find UK suppliers.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #114
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Hi All,

Finally got my car back today after having it Ceramic coated with GTechniq CSU Black & Exo inside and out as well as being de-badged and having the mirror caps sprayed BMW Jet Black.

I haven't really had a chance to fully photograph and review the car but see the attached photos that I managed to snap this morning after collection.

I will review it and then post my thoughts thereafter. I hope you like the teaser photos!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      10-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #115
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Awesome mate, looks stunning, even the teasers 👍
      10-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #116
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Looking good! 👍🏻

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 06:45 AM   #117
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16ole View Post
Wow, great spec.

It’s a bit like mine, though you’ve got a few extra options.

I’d consider the carbon black, they swirl by just looking at them. My step fathers 7-series is covered in swirl marks from the factory.
What's folks' experience with Carbon Black and/or Sapphire Black? I've been offered a really well-specced stock M40i in SBM (which I think has a grey fleck rather than blue with the CB) but I'm paranoid about swirls as it is on my EBII, never mind on a black car.

I had an Alfa many moons ago that was a blue/black metallic like the CB but it was a b*gger to keep clean and showed up every micro-scratch in the (admittedly rare) sun.

My preferred colour scheme is Phytonic/Oyster but I really like the 'gangsta' look on the black X3's.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure......
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:39 AM   #118
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
I've got phytonic with oyster, and 11k miles in if I had to order again I'd choose the same again - love it.
Attached Images

'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      11-08-2019, 12:52 AM   #119
rajp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M40i - Blk SAPPHIRE

I have Oyster (have always chosen light interiors in my cars and white exterior) and love it. Made an exception this time with the X3M40i with going with Sapphire Black as wife wanted any other colour other then white. I do think the X3 looks great in white.
      11-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #120
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by verysideways View Post
I've got phytonic with oyster, and 11k miles in if I had to order again I'd choose the same again - love it.
Looks fantastic, particularly with the ambient lighting. It really is a classic combo. My F31 is EBII/Oyster and in spite of 3 years’ abuse by sticky dirty grandchildren, with the lightest of cleaning regimes the seats still look good. Dakota/Vernasca may have its critics in relation to Merino, but as I’m sure you’ll know in a family wagon it’s eminently practical.

May even de-badge like you’ve done.....
Appreciate 0