BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What song are you listening to right now?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #4907
heatwave
Banned
heatwave's Avatar
91
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: bmw x5
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: AB

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 09:23 AM   #4908
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

For the Tool fans.......

First new music released from them in 13 years. Just released an hour ago.

Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop674.50

      08-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #4909
kscarrol
Brigadier General
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
2888
Rep
3,188
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Perfect timing! This is what I'm listening to as I grade final projects...

__________________
2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg.
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi7550.50
Kyngofpop674.50

      08-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #4910
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Perfect timing! This is what I'm listening to as I grade final projects...

Just pre-ordered the CD. The case has a 4" HD screen, a speaker built into it and rechargeable battery with a usb cable included. Intrigued to say the least. I haven't been this excited about an album release in......ever.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #4911
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Banana Hammock's Avatar
3530
Rep
713
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

__________________
Akrapovic | Alpha-N | ARC | IND | KW | Varis | Volk | Vorsteiner
@kontradictions
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi7550.50

      08-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #4912
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
Yeah man!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #4913
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #4914
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #4915
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #4916
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #4917
heatwave
Banned
heatwave's Avatar
91
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: bmw x5
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: AB

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #4918
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10376
Rep
13,112
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
New TOOL music will be out on Aug. 30th. And their music is available to download on ITUNES.....Too late for me. I had to buy a used CD of "10,000 Days" a few months ago to replace the one I lost and an IOS update erased.
.
.
.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi7550.50
Kyngofpop674.50

      08-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #4919
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3506
Rep
3,863
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)



It's been way too long but I'm glad they are back. The new A Perfect Circle album was such a turd. I have high expectations for this album.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi7550.50

      08-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #4920
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
954
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: M340i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Az

iTrader: (0)

Tool is fantastic. Have you tried Maynard's wine? Yum.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop674.50

      08-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #4921
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
New TOOL music will be out on Aug. 30th. And their music is available to download on ITUNES.....Too late for me. I had to buy a used CD of "10,000 Days" a few months ago to replace the one I lost and an IOS update erased.
.
.
.
Watched them play this live a few months ago.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop674.50

      08-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #4922
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post

It's been way too long but I'm glad they are back. The new A Perfect Circle album was such a turd. I have high expectations for this album.
You didn't like the new APC? It's definitely not their best work but there are some high points to it I feel. I feel like Maynard exploring various vocal ranges and techniques with Puscifer has bled over into APC and Tools music, I'm not a fan of the change. I miss Maynards rage and angst. His winery, jui jitsu academy, food truck, yoga studio and three bands has taken away a lot of his anger. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the guy that he found peace, but that energy is what worked for Tool's music. Although I do like the new song, it doesn't come close to anything off Aenema or Lateralus. Maynard needs to get angry and all four of them need to spend some time together reconnecting. Artistically speaking, I know that I do better work when I have some sort of issues I am trying to sort out. It just comes out through my work. I imagine Maynard is no different.....and it's showing. Adam, Danny and Justin all 3 did an amazing job on the new material that I've heard so far. I am kinda sad that the new album has 7 songs and I've heard 3 of them already. Hoping for greatness on the remaining 4.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #4923
bosstones
Major
483
Rep
1,325
Posts

Drives: o_0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbia

iTrader: (0)

The Amazing Royal Crowns - Shiverin' in the Corner

__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #4924
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10376
Rep
13,112
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #4925
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3506
Rep
3,863
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
You didn't like the new APC? It's definitely not their best work but there are some high points to it I feel. I feel like Maynard exploring various vocal ranges and techniques with Puscifer has bled over into APC and Tools music, I'm not a fan of the change. I miss Maynards rage and angst. His winery, jui jitsu academy, food truck, yoga studio and three bands has taken away a lot of his anger. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the guy that he found peace, but that energy is what worked for Tool's music. Although I do like the new song, it doesn't come close to anything off Aenema or Lateralus. Maynard needs to get angry and all four of them need to spend some time together reconnecting. Artistically speaking, I know that I do better work when I have some sort of issues I am trying to sort out. It just comes out through my work. I imagine Maynard is no different.....and it's showing. Adam, Danny and Justin all 3 did an amazing job on the new material that I've heard so far. I am kinda sad that the new album has 7 songs and I've heard 3 of them already. Hoping for greatness on the remaining 4.
Sorry man. Missed your reply and just saw it. I really thought the new APC was a weak effort. All their other albums got a hook into me and I loved them (including eMotive and aMotion). I was so looking forward to this new album and I just couldn't get into it at all. Like you I miss the earlier anger and rage. I totally get that we all age and things change but its disappointing. I'm actually digging the new Tool song and am hoping the new album is a winner. One of my Ex's loved Tool and I saw them a shit ton of times back in the day.

Ill leave you this Gem from APC

__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi7550.50
Kyngofpop674.50

      08-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #4926
kscarrol
Brigadier General
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
2888
Rep
3,188
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Digging way back...

__________________
2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg.
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop674.50

      08-15-2019, 06:47 AM   #4927
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Sorry man. Missed your reply and just saw it. I really thought the new APC was a weak effort. All their other albums got a hook into me and I loved them (including eMotive and aMotion). I was so looking forward to this new album and I just couldn't get into it at all. Like you I miss the earlier anger and rage. I totally get that we all age and things change but its disappointing. I'm actually digging the new Tool song and am hoping the new album is a winner. One of my Ex's loved Tool and I saw them a shit ton of times back in the day.

Ill leave you this Gem from APC

I have several, but this gem is my favorite APC song. I've seen them live twice and although I understand why, I hate that I'll never get to see this performed live. Maynard vowed to never play this song again.....I don't blame him really. Very powerful song and the emotion is just too much. This is the perfect example of that anger and rage that Maynard used to unleash. The origin and lyrics to this song are something else!!!

If you didn't hear yesterday, there are 3 more tracks coming with the new album, not actually on the album. Every seven days they release more info and yesterday was the 14th. Adams instagram post yesterday shared the track list of the album and the 3 songs available only through digital download from the included card inside the cd packaging. I'll give them credit, they really put a lot of thought into this release and are doing an amazing job of building up their fans excitement about the release.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #4928
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7551
Rep
1,461
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Sorry man. Missed your reply and just saw it. I really thought the new APC was a weak effort. All their other albums got a hook into me and I loved them (including eMotive and aMotion). I was so looking forward to this new album and I just couldn't get into it at all. Like you I miss the earlier anger and rage. I totally get that we all age and things change but its disappointing. I'm actually digging the new Tool song and am hoping the new album is a winner. One of my Ex's loved Tool and I saw them a shit ton of times back in the day.

Ill leave you this Gem from APC

I have several, but this gem is my favorite APC song. I've seen them live twice and although I understand why, I hate that I'll never get to see this performed live. Maynard vowed to never play this song again.....I don't blame him really. Very powerful song and the emotion is just too much. This is the perfect example of that anger and rage that Maynard used to unleash. The origin and lyrics to this song are something else!!! Aside from Maynard....Billy's on-stage presence is something to behold. He is a silent, lurking, demon that truly lets his instrument speak for him on stage. The rest of the boys from The Eagles of Death Metal make a nice overall rounding of the group and them bringing in James Iha from The Smashing Pumpkins just makes me smile. I've been a fan of Iha's since Gish.

If you didn't hear yesterday, there are 3 more tracks coming with the new album, not actually on the album. Every seven days they release more info and yesterday was the 14th. Adams instagram post yesterday shared the track list of the album and the 3 songs available only through digital download from the included card inside the cd packaging. I'll give them credit, they really put a lot of thought into this release and are doing an amazing job of building up their fans excitement about the release.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST