BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-28-2018, 06:48 AM   #23
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrium View Post
Best one one mentioned in the other thread: to resume the advanced cruise control, you can push the left knob up instead of pressing the gas pedal when the car in front starts moving. Much more convenient.
Or press the cancell/resume button on the left.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #24
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Best one one mentioned in the other thread: to resume the advanced cruise control, you can push the left knob up instead of pressing the gas pedal when the car in front starts moving. Much more convenient.
Sounds like a good one...clarify please...which knob on the wheel? Pic?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 05:20 PM   #25
Nitrium
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2021 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Sounds like a good one...clarify please...which knob on the wheel? Pic?

Thanks

The left one to increase/decrease the speed limit for cruise control.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #26
Keweenawbee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 X3 30i-m-exec Rides: RT1100

I put that tip to use already and it works great. I have yet to hit it prematurely so I can’t really say yet what happens when it’s tapped before the car in front of you begins to advance. I know that by the time that warning animation appears it’s way too late and folks behind you are already getting annoyed.
      04-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #27
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The left one to increase/decrease the speed limit for cruise control.
Got it...thanks...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #28
iManu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3M40i

When I use the navigation, I mute her voice. If you press MAP button again, she will voice out the direction. Very neat feature!
Appreciate 3
      05-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #29
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel.yoo View Post
When I use the navigation, I mute her voice. If you press MAP button again, she will voice out the direction. Very neat feature!
That's a good one...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 05:37 PM   #30
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

You can open the sun shade and sun roof quickly by pulling the back switch twice in quick succession.
Appreciate 3
      05-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #31
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmtespar View Post
You can open the sun shade and sun roof quickly by pulling the back switch twice in quick succession.
Ill give that one a try...finally some sun up here!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #32
Keweenawbee
Captain
Rep

Found out tonight that my knee makes a good substitute for my hand with the DA+. Actually works better than trying to get the pressure just right with the fingers.

Last edited by Keweenawbee; 05-22-2018 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #33
Keweenawbee
Captain
Rep

ACC & Stop & Go

This morning the rush was very peculiar, constantly varying speed and gaps in the traffic. The system in my normal mode is one car-length with the speed set a little above the limit, which usually keeps us right in the flow, but when gaps and traffic increase there are some tense moments, even the hand-off where it goes to audible collision avoidance mode. What I found today, and this may have been obvious to others here already, that quickly modulating the car-lengths button is a better way to manage this when the car is speeding up and obviously heading for a slowing car a ways ahead.
MdW8683.00
      05-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #34
xahreela
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 30I

When i got the X3 this month on putting the gear in reverse the passenger side mirror use to tilt down and show me the curb pretty well. now its not doing it how do i enable it back. please help. it was so easy in Mercedes. I cant figure out in X3 (new to BMW)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #35
canuckbmw
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50, 2018 X3 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahreela View Post
When i got the X3 this month on putting the gear in reverse the passenger side mirror use to tilt down and show me the curb pretty well. now its not doing it how do i enable it back. please help. it was so easy in Mercedes. I cant figure out in X3 (new to BMW)
Your mirror adjustment switch has to be clicked to the left for this to happen. If it’s to the right ( I.e to adjust the right side mirror) the right side mirror will not tilt down on reverse
Appreciate 4
      05-23-2018, 04:11 AM   #36
MdW86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 320i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckbmw View Post
Your mirror adjustment switch has to be clicked to the left for this to happen. If it’s to the right ( I.e to adjust the right side mirror) the right side mirror will not tilt down on reverse
Is it possible to change the amount that it tilts when reversing?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:54 AM   #37
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdW86 View Post
Is it possible to change the amount that it tilts when reversing?
Yes, but not normally accessible by users.
Needs to be done through coding - default is 90%.
Appreciate 1
abcsoup184.50
      05-23-2018, 09:48 PM   #38
TomTomTom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
thats good to know - for me, open the door close it re open it usually shut everything off, not always. in the end i would just lock the car when done to be sure its off. on my F25, you could press the start/stop button a 2nd time without the brake pedal pressed would shut everything down. with brake pressed it restarted the engine. I keep trying to do it on the G01 but it doesn't do anything.

Update - powering down all the electronics by pressing radio power button for 2-3 seconds is great! thanks it helps a lot
No one finds it ridiculous that we have to go through a 2 step button pressing process to shut these cars down, even when the car is supposed to have an automatic power down when you open the door? Does the car have to facing east and I have to rub my belly and tap the roof three times as well? Don't have to do this in my Audi. I have drained my battery 3 times in the past month because of this issue.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1455.00
      05-23-2018, 10:30 PM   #39
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
thats good to know - for me, open the door close it re open it usually shut everything off, not always. in the end i would just lock the car when done to be sure its off. on my F25, you could press the start/stop button a 2nd time without the brake pedal pressed would shut everything down. with brake pressed it restarted the engine. I keep trying to do it on the G01 but it doesn't do anything.

Update - powering down all the electronics by pressing radio power button for 2-3 seconds is great! thanks it helps a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomTom View Post
No one finds it ridiculous that we have to go through a 2 step button pressing process to shut these cars down, even when the car is supposed to have an automatic power down when you open the door? Does the car have to facing east and I have to rub my belly and tap the roof three times as well? Don't have to do this in my Audi. I have drained my battery 3 times in the past month because of this issue.
If your battery drained 3 times in the past month, there is something wrong with your X3. No way automatic shutdown working properly would drain your battery once...let alone 3 times. These vehicles are also programmed to auto shutdown after 5 minutes. I believe the auto lock feature has been removed in the G01 so the doors will never lock on their own. I would go have it checked out.

I also started to notice our X3's know exactly how many people are in the vehicle at all times. If I am alone and I press the the ignition off, as soon as I pull the door handle, everything turns off. No need to push twice. If I have a passenger and I push the ignition off, last person to open their door turns everything off and so on, including rear passengers.

Hope this helps

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 2
focker155.00
      05-24-2018, 06:40 AM   #40
sharpharp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x3

Here's one...

Got those damn news alerts interrupting your listening, press the next/previous song buttons and it'll manually switch back.

Anyone know how to manually switch the Rear view camera on without putting the car in reverse. -There was this hot chick that was glancing over, wanted to get a view without turning round
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 06:42 AM   #41
GGEVOX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 M40i, F36 440xi

Quote:
My M40i powers off when I put it in park and open the door. I thought there was a setting in the menu to adjust the turn off. But I have only had to press the button once to turn it off. Then open the door to completely power off. That or I lock the car and it completely turns off when I press the lock button on the FOB.
Appreciate 1
bouchy75.50
      05-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #42
TomTomTom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEVOX View Post
My M40i powers off when I put it in park and open the door. I thought there was a setting in the menu to adjust the turn off. But I have only had to press the button once to turn it off. Then open the door to completely power off. That or I lock the car and it completely turns off when I press the lock button on the FOB.
Thank you. There is obviously a problem with my car in that the "automatic" shut down triggered by the door opening isn't working properly - again only works about 60% of the time so we HAVE TO remember to keep an eye on it and use manual shut down or always lock it until BMW comes up with a fix. Right now, they do not know how to fix.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #43
KevinAC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 (m)30i, 2015 F36

Quote:
Thank you. There is obviously a problem with my car in that the "automatic" shut down triggered by the door opening isn't working properly - again only works about 60% of the time so we HAVE TO remember to keep an eye on it and use manual shut down or always lock it until BMW comes up with a fix. Right now, they do not know how to fix.
I've found that when I turn off the ignition and open the door at the same time or less than a second apart, the power does not shut off. Then I just have to remember to lock it, even in the garage.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #44
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
You sound like you'd like my MY13 Toyota RAV4. When you turn it off, everything dies. Dead. Silence. Including that phone call you might be on -- or that last guitar solo in "Thunderstuck". I absolutely hate that if the engine isn't running, none of the car's systems are.

I much prefer the BMW system, esp. in the G01 in which the audio button turns off everything. I don't accept that it's "two steps" to stop the car. The way I see it, it's selective shutdown, in which they are multiple states for the car. (There's a good description of these states in the OM.)

I like being able to match the current state of the car to what I want it to do.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0