BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-21-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
loudxpack
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 ZCP, x3mc

Fold/open mirrors and close windows with FOB

I have a 2nd gen X3 F25, it does not have comfort access

Am I able to code the following with BimmerCode and a vgate
- fold mirrors and close windows from FOB (holding lock)
- open /unfold mirrors by holding unlock from FOB (holding unlock currently only opens all windows)

If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance for any replies
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
DBAX4M40i
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

I believe you can, and it would probably be in the BDC_BODY ECU. They just won’t close with comfort access (AKA door handle) since you don’t have it.

Are you asking because you already have the VGate and BimmerCode, or because you’re on the fence about getting them? If it’s the latter, I’d suggest getting them regardless of whether or not you could do this. So many other cool things to unlock.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 06:28 AM   #3
loudxpack
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBAX4M40i View Post
I believe you can, and it would probably be in the BDC_BODY ECU. They just won’t close with comfort access (AKA door handle) since you don’t have it.

Are you asking because you already have the VGate and BimmerCode, or because you’re on the fence about getting them? If it’s the latter, I’d suggest getting them regardless of whether or not you could do this. So many other cool things to unlock.
Perfect I’ll give it a try tomorrow, I have the unlocked version of BimmerCode app and my vgate should be arrive today

Thanks for your info
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #4
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

yes, have done them.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 35i M-Sport

Garage List
Yes it will work with Bimmer Code. I have comfort access and you can code so that you can use comfort access to fold mirrors and operate windows.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #6
loudxpack
Private
United_States
Rep

Alright so here is todays run down

First off, I believe I may have purchased the wrong vgate

The one I bought was this (the "mini" version) although, i was still able to connect to my car and read the ECUs from bimmercode : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I believe I needed this one instead : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3F2UU8IZ3AFBC

All in all, it seemed like a pretty big let down. The ONLY code I could get to work was to close the rear gate from my fob, and the fogs to turn on from welcome unlock, while nothing else worked.

Here is an image of my ECUs

According to the bimmercode website, I beleived I would have access to the following :

Air conditioning, Alarm system, Ambient lighting, Angel eyes, Audio, Comfort opening/closing, Daytime driving lights, Display options instrument cluster, Display options multimedia system, Driving Dynamics Mode, Fuel, HUD, Indicators, Lighting, Mirrors, Other, PDC, Range, extender, Rear view camera, Seat heating, Seatbelt reminder, Side view camera, Sport displays, Start Stop function, Tailgate, Video, Wash-Wipe System, Welcome Light
Windows/Doors

After just trying to add the "digital speed in board computer" on the instrument cluster, and applying the code, I get a "Instrument panel malfunction" error on the car display and instrument cluster

I tried a few more codes after that, such as "Instrument cluster start logo" and they all give me the same errors - 'instrument panel malfunction'

I used the bimmerlink app to clear all errors, and basically revert back to the original settings.

I'm not looking to do much technical coding, just a few things here and there such as :
- Close mirros from FOB (yes I have the mirror button close on my inside driver door panel, NO my car does not have comfort access)
- Open Mirrors from FOB
- Digital speed gauge on instrument cluster
- M Start up animation
- DVD / TV while driving
- Turn fogs on from welcome unlock
- Disable auto start / off

Another thing I noticed, was that my temperature gauge was out of the roof! Showing 122 degrees F

QUICK EDIT - regarding the temperature gauge, everything is back to normal now so disregard the photo.

I apologize for the very long reply, and I am new to coding, but just to code a few basic things.

If ANYONE can please help or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
At this point, I may just try to find someone local to help me and the pay them. (I'm in Tucson AZ btw, if anyone here knows someone or can be of assistance)

Do I need to go to BMW to get a firmware or computer update? I'm not really sure at this point.

If there is another place I should post this or another forum please let me know

Thank you to anyone who read this entire reply, as I know it was a mouth full lol

Replies are greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance to any responses.

Last edited by loudxpack; 08-21-2018 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #7
DBAX4M40i
Rep

I would definitely get the ELM 327 you linked. That’s the appropriate one
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #8
loudxpack
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBAX4M40i View Post
I would definitely get the ELM 327 you linked. That’s the appropriate one
It will be here tomorrow, I'll see what I can do and report back here with info

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #9
DBAX4M40i
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudxpack View Post
It will be here tomorrow, I'll see what I can do and report back here with info

Thanks

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #10
loudxpack
Private
United_States
Rep

updates

Got the mirrors to open and close on keyfob (had to use the export mode and adjust some values)

I believe the M start up animation is working as well

For a minute here, my head unit and navigation control wheel / menu buttons, etc didn't work and that had me worried. after a hard shut down and waiting for 10 minutes I started up and everything was functioning fine. cleared all errors with bimmerlink

still working on the digital speedometer on dash, and DVD / TV in motion

Question - What exactly does deactivating the disclaimers do? What benefits will this give me?

Thanks all for the info,

Regards
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #11
TheCoolX3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 35i M-Sport

Garage List
Disabling the disclaimers just prevents that screen warning you about Idrive use while driving and you have to hit confirm from coming up. This also, in my findings, causes the M start up animation to come up more often.

I'd recommend doing it.

Quote:
updates

Got the mirrors to open and close on keyfob (had to use the export mode and adjust some values)

I believe the M start up animation is working as well

For a minute here, my head unit and navigation control wheel / menu buttons, etc didn't work and that had me worried. after a hard shut down and waiting for 10 minutes I started up and everything was functioning fine. cleared all errors with bimmerlink

still working on the digital speedometer on dash, and DVD / TV in motion

Question - What exactly does deactivating the disclaimers do? What benefits will this give me?

Thanks all for the info,

Regards
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 06:04 PM   #12
Rdavenport89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xdrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
yes, have done them.
What items did you code to make it work?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #13
Rdavenport89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Folding mirror durability

I've been told by a few service advisors at my dealership; that the gears in the mirrors are plastic and not made to stand up to constant folding and unfolding with every lock and unlock. Has anyone coded the folding mirrors and had a problem with the gears stripping in the mirrors? Or any problems in general?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #14
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

I have the comfort access and powerfold mirrors option on my X3 and never had any problems, one useful thing to note though is not to fold them in when a frost is possible as when you unlock the mirrors will try and force themselves open and could damage the mechanism.
      08-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #15
Rdavenport89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy2014 View Post
I have the comfort access and powerfold mirrors option on my X3 and never had any problems, one useful thing to note though is not to fold them in when a frost is possible as when you unlock the mirrors will try and force themselves open and could damage the mechanism.
Do you know what options to code so that you have to hold the lock and unlock button a few seconds for them to fold and unfold, not just do it as soon as you push the buttons?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 02:55 PM   #16
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I set mine to follow comfort close with the windows then set the comfort close delay of 1.5s.. so the button would have to be held down. I explained the sequence to my wife so she is aware of the option to not fold the mirrors (ie., when the car will be exposed to snow or ice accumulation in the winter)

I don't believe there's a delay option when opening.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 11:47 AM   #17
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdavenport89 View Post
Do you know what options to code so that you have to hold the lock and unlock button a few seconds for them to fold and unfold, not just do it as soon as you push the buttons?
If you looking to code in a delay, you'll need to do the following:

3003 - KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN
Werte=00 (change to 0F which will had a delay)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #18
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
updates

What values did you change in the expert mode? I'm in the same boat as you and can't code the mirrors to fold when locking or unlocking.

Any help will be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #19
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Close Mirrors/Windows/SunRoof from FOB or CA CAS 3003 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv
Close Mirrors/Windows/SunRoof from FOB or CA CAS 3003 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA aktiv
Close Mirrors/Windows/SunRoof from FOB or CA FRM 3020 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN aktiv
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50
      02-27-2020, 11:31 PM   #20
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Close Mirrors/Windows/SunRoof from FOB or CA CAS 3003 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv
Close Mirrors/Windows/SunRoof from FOB or CA CAS 3003 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA aktiv
Close Mirrors/Windows/SunRoof from FOB or CA FRM 3020 ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN aktiv
Thank you very much! I’ll check that out tomorrow
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 12:45 PM   #21
littleob
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e36ic, 2013 x3

BimmerCoding issue

Hi Loudxpack, I suggest you go through the BimmerCode app to get your bluetooth OBD11. In the app in menu there is a purchase adapter option were they list all compatible OBD11 readers. You are not buying from BimmerCode it is just a few options. When you find this at the very bottom of the page it says that Vgate icar Pro, Vgate icar 2 and vgate icar 3 are no longer recommended. I believe that is why nothing is working for you. I bought the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth and I went through the app and bought it on amazon. I have recorded most of the things you have tried with no issue at all.
I hope this was helpful and good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 01:11 PM   #22
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleob View Post
Hi Loudxpack, I suggest you go through the BimmerCode app to get your bluetooth OBD11. In the app in menu there is a purchase adapter option were they list all compatible OBD11 readers. You are not buying from BimmerCode it is just a few options. When you find this at the very bottom of the page it says that Vgate icar Pro, Vgate icar 2 and vgate icar 3 are no longer recommended. I believe that is why nothing is working for you. I bought the OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth and I went through the app and bought it on amazon. I have recorded most of the things you have tried with no issue at all.
I hope this was helpful and good luck
You know loudxpack OP is over 1.5 years old and got a working adapter back then that worked for them. But I agree, if you want a known working adapter, pick one of those recommended on the bimmercode website.
Appreciate 0