BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-09-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
Emilr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Xdrive 2014

Retrofit in x3

Hello, i am thinking about to do some Retrofit in my car. Anyone that has done the sport+/eco pro switch?

done something else Retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
Lowill94
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 X-Drive 28I

I used the bimmercode app with one of the recommended WiFi/Bluetooth dongles. I mainly did it so I could have sport mode with just chassis setting. If you search under the F30 chassis you can find a lot of very helpful tips there. Our F25 has a lot of the same software as they F30.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
Emilr
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowill94 View Post
I used the bimmercode app with one of the recommended WiFi/Bluetooth dongles. I mainly did it so I could have sport mode with just chassis setting. If you search under the F30 chassis you can find a lot of very helpful tips there. Our F25 has a lot of the same software as they F30.
Oh nice, i have a man that will code my car so i can use the switch that irettofitted. Look forwads to that😀 did you feelt ant difference?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
Lowill94
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 X-Drive 28I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilr View Post
Quote:
Oh nice, i have a man that will code my car so i can use the switch that irettofitted. Look forwads to that😀 did you feelt ant difference?
I actually hardly ever use sport+. Now on longer road trips I like to use sport mode with the sport setting to only chassis. That way my drivetrain still acts as it would in comfort mode. But the very few times I have used Sport+ it did made a difference. It pretty much just deactivated the traction control. And I also hear the turbo a decent bit more.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #5
Emilr
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilr View Post
Quote:
I actually hardly ever use sport+. Now on longer road trips I like to use sport mode with the sport setting to only chassis. That way my drivetrain still acts as it would in comfort mode. But the very few times I have used Sport+ it did made a difference. It pretty much just deactivated the traction control. And I also hear the turbo a decent bit more.
Do you have the switch With the gearapplicator? The sport and eco switch
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 07:38 AM   #6
Lehan
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 323i BMW F25 xdrive28i

Hey I have done the switch, it’s super cool. Much better throttle response in sports, eco mode is definitely more efficient tho it is very slow and painful to drive in, it feels like driving a xdrive20i when it is a xdrive28i. You would need to run 2 wires from the switch to the ICM, it’s definitely worth it if you can get the switch for cheap from some junkyard.
Appreciate 0