BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-19-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

2019 M40i with PPF exhaust sound

So interesting development today, I just hit 1000miles on the odometer and when I started the car this morning (at 1002 miles) I noticed a distinct difference (more aggressive) sound from the exhaust during the warmup ‘burble’.

Out of curiosity I dipped the throttle a few times and a big grin spread across my face because it started to pop and crackle like never before.

I don’t know if I just hadn’t been trying recently, or it’s ‘worn in’ or whether there is something in the software that kicks in at 1000 miles, but there is Hope yet for the 2019 owners!

I’ll try and get a video tomorrow!
Appreciate 2
BMWZ41904.00
london_v156.50
      03-19-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersebbo View Post
So interesting development today, I just hit 1000miles on the odometer and when I started the car this morning (at 1002 miles) I noticed a distinct difference (more aggressive) sound from the exhaust during the warmup ‘burble’.

Out of curiosity I dipped the throttle a few times and a big grin spread across my face because it started to pop and crackle like never before.

I don’t know if I just hadn’t been trying recently, or it’s ‘worn in’ or whether there is something in the software that kicks in at 1000 miles, but there is Hope yet for the 2019 owners!

I’ll try and get a video tomorrow!
Nice! I have 4200 miles on mine and I start noticing mild pops even in Comfort mode. This is especially prominent during the first couple of minutes after cold start up in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
london_v
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersebbo View Post
So interesting development today, I just hit 1000miles on the odometer and when I started the car this morning (at 1002 miles) I noticed a distinct difference (more aggressive) sound from the exhaust during the warmup 'burble'.

I don't know if I just hadn't been trying recently, or it's 'worn in' or whether there is something in the software that kicks in at 1000 miles, but there is Hope yet for the 2019 owners!

I'll try and get a video tomorrow!
Great news 😊. Did you also notice a difference after the car had warmed up a little, or just during initial cold start only? I'm 850 miles in and looking forward to the exhaust sounding more like you describe.

A video would be great if you can...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
london_v
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Did you manage to get a video bud? I made one yesterday and will try and upload later. I'm on 850 miles
Appreciate 0