BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #1
surfearth
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Just ordered but rethinking wheels

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
** Please ignore, posted in wrong section, sorry! **

Earlier today I pulled the trigger on a X3 M40i dark graphite metallic to replace my 2010 Audi S4! I did tons of research and finally chose the G01 over a Macan S (better technology and price). It's got all the options less ventilate seats and the space saver spare. Early May delivery can't come soon enough.

I'm starting to rethink my current tire choice and am seeking advice. I live in San Francisco Bay Area and, at most, go to the mountains 1-2 times per winter. Next year we probably won't go at all because we're having our first child this fall. I also drive around downtown SF quite a bit and there are some potholes. These two considerations led me to order the 19" 698M wheels with all season tires.

Should I call the dealer tomorrow and switch to the better looking and better performing 20" 699M wheels? It seems like if I went with the 19" all seasons, I'd be giving up lots of everyday performance just for a few days a year of winter conditions.

Last edited by surfearth; 03-16-2018 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Posted in wrong section, please delete.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
God777
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfearth View Post
** Please ignore, posted in wrong section, sorry! **

Earlier today I pulled the trigger on a X3 M40i dark graphite metallic to replace my 2010 Audi S4! I did tons of research and finally chose the G01 over a Macan S (better technology and price). It's got all the options less ventilate seats and the space saver spare. Early May delivery can't come soon enough.

I'm starting to rethink my current tire choice and am seeking advice. I live in San Francisco Bay Area and, at most, go to the mountains 1-2 times per winter. Next year we probably won't go at all because we're having our first child this fall. I also drive around downtown SF quite a bit and there are some potholes. These two considerations led me to order the 19" 698M wheels with all season tires.

Should I call the dealer tomorrow and switch to the better looking and better performing 20" 699M wheels? It seems like if I went with the 19" all seasons, I'd be giving up lots of everyday performance just for a few days a year of winter conditions.
I ordered an X4, got 19s really thought about 20s after I ordered it ....... but then I thought about it. U get better traction, better wear and tear(I drive a lot) also I live in upstate NY .... lots of snow and mountains and rain and sticks And leaves and deer and you get the point

You in San Fran and don't have all that ? Maybe 20s
Appreciate 0