BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-25-2021, 02:41 PM   #1
dystynkt
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, G05 X5

Dinan Spring Issues

Had the Dinan springs installed on my X3MC about a month ago and really had nothing but issues, trying to see if I'm the only one here. Originally it was a hard clunking noise and squeaking. Per direction from what someone else posted I contacted Dinan and they sent me spring insulators which helped to get rid of the clunking and rough ride in the back. Since then I've still had a constant loud squeak on the front drivers side spring, and an occasional squeak on the rear passenger. After several attempts at reaching out to them they sent me an additional spring insulator for the front, which did absolutely nothing. Its been almost 2 weeks now of me reaching out to try and get a response from their customer service to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue with springs? It's almost embarrassing to drive my car around with the squeak over every little bump.

Last edited by dystynkt; 10-25-2021 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
Poffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Do you know what's squeaking? Could be it just needs some lubrication ie white lithium grease.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #3
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Yup I posted numerous times about my issues with the Dinan springs on the Dinan spring thread. I'm having the OE springs put back on next week and returning the Dinan ones. My Dinan approved shop took the springs off and back on last week thinking maybe it was an install error but it made no difference. Same rubbing sound as you describe. Dinan support has no solution and say their test vehicle doesn't have the issue. Great engineering on this one! Been at this for months and tried lubrication but it made no difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:00 PM   #4
dystynkt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWoX3M View Post
Yup I posted numerous times about my issues with the Dinan springs on the Dinan spring thread. I'm having the OE springs put back on next week and returning the Dinan ones. My Dinan approved shop took the springs off and back on last week thinking maybe it was an install error but it made no difference. Same rubbing sound as you describe. Dinan support has no solution and say their test vehicle doesn't have the issue. Great engineering on this one! Been at this for months and tried lubrication but it made no difference.
Is Dinan going to take the return? Might just go that route, can't stand it any more.
      10-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystynkt View Post
Quote:
Is Dinan going to take the return? Might just go that route, can't stand it any more.
According to my shop yes. They have the RMA approved already. I have to come out of pocket to put the original springs back on but my shop is giving me a very generous discount for labor because of the faulty springs
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 07:11 PM   #6
dystynkt
Private
Rep

Quote:
According to my shop yes. They have the RMA approved already. I have to come out of pocket to put the original springs back on but my shop is giving me a very generous discount for labor because of the faulty springs
Wish I had used a shop like that! I'll be out of pocket a ton after all is said and done
      10-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #7
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wish I had used a shop like that! I'll be out of pocket a ton after all is said and done
Yep if I do another lowering spring again it will only be H&R
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 10:22 PM   #8
Parnishka
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Black Sapphire

Quote:
Had the Dinan springs installed on my X3MC about a month ago and really had nothing but issues, trying to see if I'm the only one here. Originally it was a hard clunking noise and squeaking. Per direction from what someone else posted I contacted Dinan and they sent me spring insulators which helped to get rid of the clunking and rough ride in the back. Since then I've still had a constant loud squeak on the front drivers side spring, and an occasional squeak on the rear passenger. After several attempts at reaching out to them they sent me an additional spring insulator for the front, which did absolutely nothing. Its been almost 2 weeks now of me reaching out to try and get a response from their customer service to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue with springs? It's almost embarrassing to drive my car around with the squeak over every little bump.
I was about to order them. very frustrating. car sits awesome on them but if go with hr it will be kinda rough ride and more low. not planning to do so.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 10:29 PM   #9
JKen_0115
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017_M2

Sorry to hear this issue from OP. I was going to buy them but I have learned so many issues for their products recently. I ended up using MSS spring from RG Sports - Ben. It has been awesome than stock. It's a quite of investment but it's complete worth in terms of look and improvement.

You may have thought about MSS. Just wanted to share the selection process in my case. It's really worth to share the great product from MSS spring. Hope you can get the return label from Dinan.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      10-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #10
dystynkt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKen_0115 View Post
Sorry to hear this issue from OP. I was going to buy them but I have learned so many issues for their products recently. I ended up using MSS spring from RG Sports - Ben. It has been awesome than stock. It's a quite of investment but it's complete worth in terms of look and improvement.

You may have thought about MSS. Just wanted to share the selection process in my case. It's really worth to share the great product from MSS spring. Hope you can get the return label from Dinan.
Really appreciate the advice. I have the midpipe from Ben and plan on eventually getting MSS from him once I get through this Dinan issue, assuming I ever hear back from their customer service.
r33_RGSport12805.00