BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #1563
Michael.R
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkeyjr View Post
2019 X3m40i? I believe it is full correct?
The full digital cluster comes with the Executive package, Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster. If you don't have the Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster, coding for Alpina will do nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #1564
kingmonkeyjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M40i, GLC63, E63s, Trackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkeyjr View Post
2019 X3m40i? I believe it is full correct?
The full digital cluster comes with the Executive package, Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster. If you don't have the Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster, coding for Alpina will do nothing.
That is indeed the problem! Lol thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 06:59 PM   #1565
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
I went full Alpina, coded the ambient lighting to match the gauges
I saw you have speed limit info displayed. Wondering you vehicle has kafas camera or not. If not how did you enable it, with sli emulator? Thank you.
I do have the kafas camera, I didn't do anything special to enable the speed limit indicator when I switched the cluster to Alpina; it was just there
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 03:26 AM   #1566
Lanthanides
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Coding for TMC announcement ?

I don't know if it the case in US, but in Europe, at least in France and Switzerland, with the option TMC activated, whatever the volume of radio/media you are listening to is, when there is a TMC announcement, the volume is getting suddenly very very high, at a point that it is really annoying and deafening !
If you lower it with the radio button during the announcement, unfortunately it won't be memorized, and during the next TMC announcement, volume will be again very high.

Have you also experienced that ?

Does somebody know if there is a way using Bimmercode to modify that feature ? to make it memorized the chosen volume or at least to adjust to a lower volume the TMC announcement ?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #1567
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
What is a TMC announcement? Never heard that term before.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #1568
MrBigB
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i / 1991 MR2

Quote:
I have the hybrid Instrument Cluster, after I coding for M logo in the middle it won't do anything but remove the M40i logo from stock setting. So looks like coding for instrument Cluster only works on full digital.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #1569
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

In the HUD (full mode): When you are exceeding the speed limit, your actual speed turns from white to orange.

Is it possible to code the actual speed limit to stay white, even when you are exceeding the speed limit? I looked at the iDrive settings and in Bimmercode, and I couldn't find it.
Appreciate 1
malbec10.00
      07-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #1570
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
In the HUD (full mode): When you are exceeding the speed limit, your actual speed turns from white to orange.

Is it possible to code the actual speed limit to stay white, even when you are exceeding the speed limit? I looked at the iDrive settings and in Bimmercode, and I couldn't find it.
It is in idrive settings, in the HUD settings specifically.
Appreciate 1
malbec10.00
      07-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #1571
TX3M
Car guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I already looked and it's not there. Your X3 may have that option in the HUD settings, but my US version does not.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #1572
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I already looked and it's not there. Your X3 may have that option in the HUD settings, but my US version does not.
You don't have "speed limit exceeded" in Individual?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #1573
Michael.R
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My US version has it. The problem is you can only change it in HUD Individual, so if you have it on standard or anything else, the change won't show. So go into HUD individual settings, uncheck the option to change the speed limit colors when exceeding the speed limit. THEN you need to make sure you select the HUD individual and the change will show.

I'm doing this all from memory, so it might not be 100% accurate, but should get you where you need to be.

*edit* what teaston said
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #1574
Lanthanides
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
When you drive on highway, if there is some traffic ahead, there is from time to time an announcement from the radio to give you information about that traffic (TMC = Traffic Message Channel)
And when it arrives, it comes with a volume very high, whatever the level of volume you are listening to and there is no way to adjust this volume of the TMC.
You do not have this kind of message in US ?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #1575
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanthanides View Post
Quote:
When you drive on highway, if there is some traffic ahead, there is from time to time an announcement from the radio to give you information about that traffic (TMC = Traffic Message Channel)
And when it arrives, it comes with a volume very high, whatever the level of volume you are listening to and there is no way to adjust this volume of the TMC.
Isn't it tied to the volume of the navigation?
      07-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #1576
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanthanides View Post
Quote:
Ah, ok. I've only received a message like that once so far and don't recall the volume be obnoxiously loud or anything. Also had never heard the TMC acronym before. I think in the US BMW calls it RTTI? Real time traffic information.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #1577
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ah, ok. I've only received a message like that once so far and don't recall the volume be obnoxiously loud or anything. Also had never heard the TMC acronym before. I think in the US BMW calls it RTTI? Real time traffic information.
TMC is the basic version of RTTI if you don’t have a connected drive subscription.

People seem to be getting TMC and TP confused, TP (Traffic Program) is the one that is broadcast over the radio. The button for it is where the Band button is in US:

Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00
      07-25-2019, 12:35 AM   #1578
cvee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: New BMW X3

Hi,

This is just general information.
I bought a vgate dongle over a year ago and my initial experience was that coding was slow.
Loading ecus etc could take 30sec or more and moving between ecus was a pain.

I assumed it was the obd2 port or cars computer limiting throughput.

The new dongles appeared to allow for more coding options.... but they were very pricey and I could not find a deal to pick one up within a price I thought reasonable.
Amazon AU is crap compared to Amazon US.

While in bimmercode app recently I noticed there was a new connection option listed as ENET. It used a lightning to Ethernet dongle for iPhone... along with enet cable.

I already had an ENET so went and bought a lightning to Ethernet adapter.
Total cost is less than half a new fangled adapter.

Long story short.... it works like a treat.
The ecus load in a few seconds... even the BDC ecu.
Applying a code change is equally fast.

So the original sluggishness I experienced was not due to car or obd2 limitations.... it was the vgate wifi dongle.

So if you already have an ENET it might be cheaper to buy an Ethernet dongle for phone instead of the new BDC capable Bluetooth dongles.
Appreciate 3
malbec10.00
prototyp228.00
      07-25-2019, 01:33 AM   #1579
Lanthanides
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
TMC is the basic version of RTTI if you don’t have a connected drive subscription.

People seem to be getting TMC and TP confused, TP (Traffic Program) is the one that is broadcast over the radio. The button for it is where the Band button is in US:

Yes, you're absolutely right, I mixed the two together, it is the TP function and not TMC.
And on my European M40, it is exactly the same button to activate/deactivate the function.
On a french BMW forum, many people are complaining about the volume of the TP. It used to be adjustable with memory function but not anymore in the G01 version (it's even written in the user manual).

Someone has even recorded the sound level when the TP message appears (from 15sec to 1min40 in the video, then volume goes down the the initial level of the radio) :

For people who get these TP messages, you're not experiencing a too high volume ?

Does a Bimmercode expert know if something can be done by coding to modify this parameter ?

Last edited by Lanthanides; 07-25-2019 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
Alias1431795.00
      07-25-2019, 02:52 AM   #1580
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvee View Post
Hi,

I bought a vgate dongle over a year ago and my initial experience was that coding was slow.

The new dongles appeared to allow for more coding options.... but they were very pricey and I could not find a deal to pick one up within a price I thought reasonable.

While in bimmercode app recently I noticed there was a new connection option listed as ENET. It used a lightning to Ethernet dongle for iPhone... along with enet cable.

So the original sluggishness I experienced was not due to car or obd2 limitations.... it was the vgate wifi dongle.

So if you already have an ENET it might be cheaper to buy an Ethernet dongle for phone instead of the new BDC capable Bluetooth dongles.
Great info, wish I'd known this before spending £60 on the dongle!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 06:51 AM   #1581
malbec
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Hi,

thanks! just orderred the ENET ($18) cable and the iphone adapter ($20) to connect it to my iphone
i email bimmercode and they told me it wold work with my G02 for all the codes listed
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #1582
TX3M
Car guy
Rep

Quote:
My US version has it. The problem is you can only change it in HUD Individual, so if you have it on standard or anything else, the change won't show. So go into HUD individual settings, uncheck the option to change the speed limit colors when exceeding the speed limit. THEN you need to make sure you select the HUD individual and the change will show.

I'm doing this all from memory, so it might not be 100% accurate, but should get you where you need to be.

*edit* what teaston said
You guys are correct, it's there I just didn't know where to look and how to change it. Thanks Teaston and Michael.R !
Appreciate 2
teaston10994.50
      07-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #1583
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for that, VERY helpful, and useful info! Can I just ask a dumbass question....where does the ENET cable plug into?
      07-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #1584
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3M40i_Nev View Post
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for that, VERY helpful, and useful info! Can I just ask a dumbass question....where does the ENET cable plug into?
Same place as the dongle (the OBD port)
Appreciate 0