BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-29-2023, 09:45 AM   #3741
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatJoey View Post
Question, my “m40i” picture in the center of the instrument cluster has gone away, is it because I switched to m160 guages ? I can trial and error just figured maybe one of you knows off hand , I try to minimize coding time etc if I can lol
probably
      08-29-2023, 10:12 AM   #3742
TXGrey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X4M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatJoey View Post
Question, my “m40i” picture in the center of the instrument cluster has gone away, is it because I switched to m160 guages ? I can trial and error just figured maybe one of you knows off hand , I try to minimize coding time etc if I can lol
Prob so… I’ve coded Alpina display and mine only says “Alpina” up there now. I played around with expert coding to get the M40i back up there, but using the Alpina display…. After about three tries, I decided it wasn’t worth it. Now I’m used to it and actually like it (better). I don’t use sport very often, so my display basically stays in the “stock” Alpina visuals 98% of the time. The green in Alpina sport is a bit much. However, at some point, I’ll prob just make the change to stay in “normal” display even in sport mode with Alpina… then it won’t change regardless of mode.
Appreciate 1
HeatJoey1221.50
      08-29-2023, 11:59 AM   #3743
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

[QUOTE= Originally Posted by Jolbex I also think tailgate height can be adjusted directly via idrive?[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joralemon st. View Post
It can, yes.
On my F40 M135iX, the iDrive selection gives 5 possible heights. As I park the car in my garage with some overhead obstruction, the middle height setting is almost OK but allows the hatch to bump against a suspended extension ladder.

This can be fixed, at least on the F40, by Esys, BimmerCode/Expert, etc.
HKFM -- section 3004 -- HKL_MMI_POSITION1/2/3/4/5
These values are hexadecimal % and current figures are
x0D/24/57/5E/64 = 13%/36%/87%/93%/100%
I reduce POSITION3 to x54=84% and the hatch stops just short of the ladder
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2023, 12:04 PM   #3744
Joralemon st.
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive30i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn View Post
On my F40 M135iX, the iDrive selection gives 5 possible heights. As I park the car in my garage with some overhead obstruction, the middle height setting is almost OK but allows the hatch to bump against a suspended extension ladder.

This can be fixed, at least on the F40, by Esys, BimmerCode/Expert, etc.
HKFM -- section 3004 -- HKL_MMI_POSITION1/2/3/4/5
These values are hexadecimal % and current figures are
x0D/24/57/5E/64 = 13%/36%/87%/93%/100%
I reduce POSITION3 to x54=84% and the hatch stops just short of the ladder
I think I assumed we had the same car)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 01:38 PM   #3745
anuragdatta
India
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i MSport

Garage List
Facing a peculiar problem after coding a few standard options. Auto dimming on rear view and right side view mirror remains “always active” as soon as engine is started. Even in day time.

Is coding through BimmerCode known to mess with random other settings? Not sure what is causing this.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 07:02 PM   #3746
HeatJoey
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGrey View Post
Prob so… I’ve coded Alpina display and mine only says “Alpina” up there now. I played around with expert coding to get the M40i back up there, but using the Alpina display…. After about three tries, I decided it wasn’t worth it. Now I’m used to it and actually like it (better). I don’t use sport very often, so my display basically stays in the “stock” Alpina visuals 98% of the time. The green in Alpina sport is a bit much. However, at some point, I’ll prob just make the change to stay in “normal” display even in sport mode with Alpina… then it won’t change regardless of mode.
Nice. I just changed it to m sport 200 and now it shows an “m” there and I tried the standard one and it also showed an “m”. Neither would bring back the m40 but like you said I guess it doesn’t matter lol. Kinda liked the m40 just not sure why it went away. In any case I left it on m 200 which is cool and at least it has the M not a blank screen in the middle . I also like the M guages themselves but then it shows a 3.0csl in that middle section which I don’t want to see lol…
Previous rides '23 MBW X3 30i, '22 Charger Hellcat Triple Nickel, '21 Charger Widebody Scat Pack F8, '21 DD R/T White, '19 Challenger Widebody Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8, '18 Audi SQ5, '18 Daytona 392, '16 Scat Pack Granite, '15 Durango R/T Blacktop, '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue, '12 Audi Q5, '10 Mustang, '08 BMW E90 M3, '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 01:38 PM   #3747
Wheller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
I've read through many people's experiences on here and thought I'd share my own! After quite a lengthy process, I was able to code fullscreen CarPlay in my 2019 X3 M40i. I had my dealer upgrade my car to the latest I-level NBTEVO_Y (for a charge) which in theory should've allowed me to code the fullscreen CarPlay right away.

I used an e-net cable and iPhone adapter but had trouble getting it to connect to the headunit module. It would give me the error “error when reading codes” when trying to access. From what I had read, this error is usually tied to cars that have used a USB or other means to install CarPlay after the fact. Having gotten the car from BMW CPO, I had no prior understanding of what the previous owner had done. I reached out to Bimmercode, and a couple of hours later, Stephan shared a TestFlight version of Bimmercode with me which completely solved the issue!

Big props to the team over there, happy to help troubleshoot if anyone is having similar issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 07:33 PM   #3748
brettl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheller View Post
I've read through many people's experiences on here and thought I'd share my own! After quite a lengthy process, I was able to code fullscreen CarPlay in my 2019 X3 M40i. I had my dealer upgrade my car to the latest I-level NBTEVO_Y (for a charge) which in theory should've allowed me to code the fullscreen CarPlay right away.

I used an e-net cable and iPhone adapter but had trouble getting it to connect to the headunit module. It would give me the error “error when reading codes” when trying to access. From what I had read, this error is usually tied to cars that have used a USB or other means to install CarPlay after the fact. Having gotten the car from BMW CPO, I had no prior understanding of what the previous owner had done. I reached out to Bimmercode, and a couple of hours later, Stephan shared a TestFlight version of Bimmercode with me which completely solved the issue!

Big props to the team over there, happy to help troubleshoot if anyone is having similar issues.
I had previously purchased a ‘software patch’ for my 2019 to gain full screen car play, was done from a program that ran on a pc connected to my car via the obdc connector. Fast forward, the car had to have its i version updated due to a new steering rack -long story- which removed full screen carplay. About three minutes after I picked the car up I recoded my preferences, I noticed bimmercode now included full screen car play, with a toggle switch! I flipped that toggle and haven’t looked back. Arguably the best $30 I’ve ever spent.
Appreciate 2
      09-07-2023, 07:44 PM   #3749
Wheller
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettl View Post
I had previously purchased a ‘software patch’ for my 2019 to gain full screen car play, was done from a program that ran on a pc connected to my car via the obdc connector. Fast forward, the car had to have its i version updated due to a new steering rack -long story- which removed full screen carplay. About three minutes after I picked the car up I recoded my preferences, I noticed bimmercode now included full screen car play, with a toggle switch! I flipped that toggle and haven’t looked back. Arguably the best $30 I’ve ever spent.
It really is such a game changer! I’m glad you had a (relatively) smooth experience
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 12:14 PM   #3750
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Quote:

I paid someone to upgrade my headunit to NBTEVO_Y, I assume it was significantly cheaper than asking the Stealership to do it. Full screen Carplay rules.
      09-10-2023, 09:55 PM   #3751
Yurihaynes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G01 X3 XDrive 30i

Quote:

I’ve been trying to access my headunit with BimmerCode since I installed CarPlay with feature installer and no luck. How do I go about getting this TestFlight version ?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 11:41 AM   #3752
Gordon H.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurihaynes View Post
I’ve been trying to access my headunit with BimmerCode since I installed CarPlay with feature installer and no luck. How do I go about getting this TestFlight version ?
In the Bimmercode App, go to settings -> Support Request -> Submit Support Request and then fill out the required information and problem description, and they will reply with access to the Testflight version.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 08:13 PM   #3753
Yurihaynes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G01 X3 XDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon H. View Post
In the Bimmercode App, go to settings -> Support Request -> Submit Support Request and then fill out the required information and problem description, and they will reply with access to the Testflight version.
I’ve tried everything to get them to help and the response has always been the same

“the headunit has to be in its original state. If you used a third party solution to enable CarPlay or the navigation has been unlocked, these changes have to be reverted, because BimmerCode will not allow coding the headunit otherwise. This is a safety measure to prevent problems, because the headunit may become inoperable when coded and we do not want to be held responsible in this case.”

And this is after I’ve deleted the FSC codes from the phone and also removed CarPlay using feature installer.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 05:14 AM   #3754
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurihaynes View Post
I’ve tried everything to get them to help and the response has always been the same

“the headunit has to be in its original state. If you used a third party solution to enable CarPlay or the navigation has been unlocked, these changes have to be reverted, because BimmerCode will not allow coding the headunit otherwise. This is a safety measure to prevent problems, because the headunit may become inoperable when coded and we do not want to be held responsible in this case.”

And this is after I’ve deleted the FSC codes from the phone and also removed CarPlay using feature installer.
An option, which you may find unattractive, is to use E-Sys to code the HU controller back to factory condition. Obviously you'll lose all subsequent coding but BC should then be able to touch it. Note: you only need E-Sys, freely available, no need for any Launcher.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 07:18 AM   #3755
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Does anyone managed to code the easy entry? As in the seat will move back when you open the door and move forward when you unlock the car and close the door?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 08:10 AM   #3756
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmetbox View Post
Does anyone managed to code the easy entry? As in the seat will move back when you open the door and move forward when you unlock the car and close the door?
I'm curious about this as well. I was able to do it from the canned apps on my OBD eleven on my wife's Audi Q5 and it really makes the car more user-friendly. About the same as my 2011 Buick Lucerne beater-mobile. I could also code it to drop the windows a bit when the doors open so that when they close there's less pulling of the doors required. Nice feature. Not really a need for my X3 as it's pretty porous.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 08:49 AM   #3757
kevinkay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdal54 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. I was able to do it from the canned apps on my OBD eleven on my wife's Audi Q5 and it really makes the car more user-friendly. About the same as my 2011 Buick Lucerne beater-mobile. I could also code it to drop the windows a bit when the doors open so that when they close there's less pulling of the doors required. Nice feature. Not really a need for my X3 as it's pretty porous.
WHAT....you people did'nt have fathers that drilled into you - "don't touch it your going to wear it out"
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 02:54 PM   #3758
TXGrey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X4M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmetbox View Post
Soooo… I’ve done quite a bit of research on this. I DO believe it can be done, somewhere down in the deep recesses of Bimmercode… but I could NOT find an example of anyone who had done it with an G01/G02 X3/X4. So in the end, I decided not to try it.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 04:21 PM   #3759
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGrey View Post
Soooo… I’ve done quite a bit of research on this. I DO believe it can be done, somewhere down in the deep recesses of Bimmercode… but I could NOT find an example of anyone who had done it with an G01/G02 X3/X4. So in the end, I decided not to try it.
Prudent choice. I'd definitely want to see someone else go first..... This should be a canned app or whatever Bimmercode calls them.
Appreciate 1
TXGrey1284.00
      09-25-2023, 06:54 PM   #3760
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Garage List
2023 BMW X4 M40I  [10.00]
I’m new to this thread and really don’t want to scroll through 171 pages…please forgive my sloth

Why is expert mode only available in German? At least that’s all I saw the last time I connected Bimmercode (granted it was awhile ago)

Still the same? Any workarounds for someone (me) who is illiterate in the Teutonic language?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 08:55 PM   #3761
brettl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottweiler View Post
I’m new to this thread and really don’t want to scroll through 171 pages…please forgive my sloth

Why is expert mode only available in German? At least that’s all I saw the last time I connected Bimmercode (granted it was awhile ago)

Still the same? Any workarounds for someone (me) who is illiterate in the Teutonic language?
The descriptions are in German as the car was designed and programmed in Germany. I think of bimmercode as a window into each control unit where I can flip the switches. The bimmercode quick options were written for an international audience, not sure bmw was writing their descriptions for the benefit of the tinkerers, myself included. My workaround, my laptop with Google translate ready to go…
Appreciate 2
Rottweiler3983.00
TXGrey1284.00
      09-26-2023, 02:56 AM   #3762
TonM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 / 2017 M240

Can you code out the lock on inputting a map address while driving?