BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3 and X4 Forums | F25 (2011 - 2017) | F26 (2014 - Current) Second Generation BMW X3 (F25) General Forum Coding made Easy: A step by step procedure

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #3169
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanover View Post
I'm assuming it enables the physical hardware in the VM
SMBIOS.reflectHost = TRUE passes through the manufacturer and model of the host rather than “VMware virtual platform” or whatever it would normally present for the model.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 07:10 AM   #3170
Abarth695
Enlisted Member
Abarth695's Avatar
Australia
0
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Gold Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 M135i  [0.00]
Hi Shawn
Is there a way to tell which of the full pzdata files, there are I think 31 at 4gb each contain data for my car f40 series?
Can I just download the one or two I need for my car opposed to all which I don’t have enough disk space for?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 08:01 AM   #3171
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarth695 View Post
Hi Shawn
Is there a way to tell which of the full pzdata files, there are I think 31 at 4gb each contain data for my car f40 series?
Can I just download the one or two I need for my car opposed to all which I don’t have enough disk space for?
Thanks in advance
Impossible. F40 files will not reside in any single part. You must download and extract entire psdzdata full. Use external HDD if you must.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 04:10 PM   #3172
ladylyanna
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Mini Cooper
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Program Question

Do you still need windows 7 for this to work?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #3173
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyanna View Post
Do you still need windows 7 for this to work?

Thanks!
No. I use Win10 64-Bit myself.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #3174
x3_M_SA
New Member
South Africa
2
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 G01 20D M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Durban

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
So long as your car has <= 51.3 on it, yes, they are still valid.

PM sent for cable and Token solution options.
Hi Shawn, I have e-sys 3.27.1, I require PsDz 5.01.02 and higher for my 2018 X3 G01. Please can you send me a link to an updated version.

Do you also know of cheat codes available for this car?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 10:14 PM   #3175
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3_M_SA View Post
Hi Shawn, I have e-sys 3.27.1, I require PsDz 5.01.02 and higher for my 2018 X3 G01. Please can you send me a link to an updated version.

Do you also know of cheat codes available for this car?

Thanks
PM sent. Understand PSdZ and PSdZData are not same thing.

I do not have G01 Cheat Sheet.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 04:33 AM   #3176
dmontesinos
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 xDrive 20d
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes. As for WIFI, Check Label on Head Unit, or read ENTRYNAV2 HWEL and PM it to me.
I already have the data you asked (I guess) but I can't send DM yet. Could you start the thread for me?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #3177
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontesinos View Post
I already have the data you asked (I guess) but I can't send DM yet. Could you start the thread for me?

Thanks
No. Your PM functions are disabled. If you can't send me a PM, then you can't revive one either.

You need at least 4 posts. Once working, make sure you have PM enabled under your account settings.

Control Panel => Edit Options => Messaging & Notification and Check these boxes:

Enable Private Messaging
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Send me PM when working.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 09:39 AM   #3178
dmontesinos
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: X3 G01 xDrive 20d
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
No. Your PM functions are disabled. If you can't send me a PM, then you can't revive one either.

You need at least 4 posts. Once working, make sure you have PM enabled under your account settings.

Control Panel => Edit Options => Messaging & Notification and Check these boxes:

Enable Private Messaging
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

Send me PM when working.
Ok. Thanks a lot. I think this is my fourth message, so I guess I'll be able to activate this feature.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 03:50 PM   #3179
ron7165994
New Member
ron7165994's Avatar
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 750IX
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: HOUSTON TX.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent. Understand PSdZ and PSdZData are not same thing.

I do not have G01 Cheat Sheet.
shawnsheridan can i get all the files i need to get E-SYS up and running.
THANKS
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #3180
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron7165994 View Post
shawnsheridan can i get all the files i need to get E-SYS up and running.
THANKS
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 04:17 PM   #3181
ron7165994
New Member
ron7165994's Avatar
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW 750IX
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: HOUSTON TX.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
THANK YOU
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 05:04 PM   #3182
richatron
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW X3LCI 2015
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Brighton, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
could I also get the required files to allow me to code my towbar?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 06:02 PM   #3183
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richatron View Post
could I also get the required files to allow me to code my towbar?
Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #3184
vinnydice
New Member
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (F87)
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Bethlehem, PA

iTrader: (0)

Need coding software for f87 m2

Hi shawnsheridan!

I'm looking to code my 2018 M2 (F87) and need all of the coding software such as E-Sys and the PSdZ/PSdZData. Would you be able to help me out? I don't have any of the files required to be up and running for F-Series, my only experience is coding through NCSExpert for E-Series and I've heard you're the guy to talk to!

Thanks man!

Last edited by vinnydice; 07-17-2021 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #3185
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnydice View Post
Hi shawnsheridan!

I'm looking to code my 2018 M2 (F87) and need all of the coding software such as E-Sys and the PSdZ/PSdZData. Would you be able to help me out? I don't have any of the files required to be up and running for F-Series, my only experience is coding through NCSExpert for E-Series and I've heard you're the guy to talk to!

Thanks man!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #3186
vinnydice
New Member
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (F87)
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Bethlehem, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Thank You!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 02:21 PM   #3187
vinnydice
New Member
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (F87)
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Bethlehem, PA

iTrader: (0)

E-Sys Launcher PRO Issues

Hello again shawnsheridan,

Thank you once again for providing me with all the necessary tools for this. I have a quick question though, and maybe you could help me. I have read the instructions very carefully and finally set everything up exactly as I was instructed to do so. Unfortunately for whatever reason, E-Sys Launcher PRO crashes if I try to click the wrench icon besides the Token Path or if I try to Launch E-Sys. No errors or warnings, just crashed and E-Sys never opens... I can open E-Sys without it, but I know that's useless. Do you happen to know why I might be running into this issue?

Thanks again man!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #3188
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnydice View Post
Hello again shawnsheridan,

Thank you once again for providing me with all the necessary tools for this. I have a quick question though, and maybe you could help me. I have read the instructions very carefully and finally set everything up exactly as I was instructed to do so. Unfortunately for whatever reason, E-Sys Launcher PRO crashes if I try to click the wrench icon besides the Token Path or if I try to Launch E-Sys. No errors or warnings, just crashed and E-Sys never opens... I can open E-Sys without it, but I know that's useless. Do you happen to know why I might be running into this issue?

Thanks again man!
Run with Admin Rights, and set Memory to default setting. Also, Windows cannot be in God Mode.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST