BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-16-2021, 11:09 PM   #1
X3mcesq
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Dash display red light camera info- help please

Can anyone give me step by step on how to remove this display from happening (see picture attached). Might be useful for some, but not me.i prefer to have one of the fixed screens we can toggle through in that location and not warnings about cameras

I know there is a way to turn that off but I just could not figure it out…

Please help and thank you all
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 01:36 AM   #2
Walternate
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4MC

it comes under Apps, (you paid extra through the BMW store for this right -- so why turn it off?)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 06:36 AM   #3
X3mcesq
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walternate View Post
it comes under Apps, (you paid extra through the BMW store for this right -- so why turn it off?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walternate View Post
What app? Perhaps it's free for a certain amount of time? Car is brand new
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 06:54 AM   #4
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Yes, it appears to be a free trial at first. I have had my X3M for 3 months to the day today. Mine has recently started to randomly do this, but for speed cameras. Thing is it has been wrong every time. About a week ago I received a message that my free trial for this was about to expire. Happy to see it go away.

Current: 2021 X3M
Gone but not forgotten: 2020 M2C LBB MT
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 07:26 PM   #5
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
Yes, it appears to be a free trial at first. I have had my X3M for 3 months to the day today. Mine has recently started to randomly do this, but for speed cameras. Thing is it has been wrong every time. About a week ago I received a message that my free trial for this was about to expire. Happy to see it go away.
As you mentioned, in the US, vehicle comes with a 90 day trial to the traffic camera app. In my 2021 X5MC, since the warning doesn't come up in the HUD like I selected, (it always bounces back down to the instrument cluster), it doesn't operate as advertised.
To me, its a great idea, but like many things BMW dreams up, in the real world it works poorly or not at all.
BMW needs to hire a company that knows how to do coding right the first time. Instead they hire the lowest bidder and they release the Alpha version with all its problems. Their logic is to just get it into the customers hands and when the problems show up, which they always do, then they make a half ass attempt to fix it.
But seems like everything operates that way lately.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 12:30 AM   #6
Klazu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

I am surprised that in 2021 a traffic camera alert is sold as a paid add-on when it has been part of any navigation device for the last 15 years. I have my dashcam alert me off these, which I appreciate. No idea how and where it pulls the data from but it works fantastic.
Appreciate 0