BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #1
LemansblueMsport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i E92, 2012 X3 28i

Website to show BMW repair history?

Hey guys,

Is there a website that will show all the repair history done on a particular bmw car using a VIN? I'm not referring to Carfax.. I thought I saw one when I was researching and buying my 328i about 3 yrs ago, but couldn't find it anymore.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #2
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Not too my knowledge.

I do know there is a national database of service records that BMW NA keeps - they have records (accessible to dealers) for all work performed during the car's warranty period.

Once out of warranty, if work is performed by a BMW dealer that particular dealer is the only keeper of the records - the info is not included in the national database.

So you sort of need to hope the current owner has kept a copy of service/repair records. If the car you locate is at a BMW Dealership they should be able to pull the records on the work done during warranty period, and if they have performed after warranty work obviously they have those records. If it's a non-BMW dealer, I'm not sure if they are able to access the BMW records....I'm thinking not.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
sbacchus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Garage List
Years ago if you had a customer account on the BMW portal you could pull up service records, they appear to have disabled this in recent years.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #4
LemansblueMsport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i E92, 2012 X3 28i

ok thanks for the info ! It might have been Lexus that I've seen the website that will show the complete service history done on a car, even if it is no longer under warranty.

I remembered when my son bought his first car (IS 350) we was able to check the complete service history using the VIN on the car that he was checking out.

We were also able to drop by the lexus dealer and have them create a report of all the service done by the lexus dealers, even though the car is way past the warranty. (his car was 2007 model year).

It would have been great if BMW could provide the same information even after the warranty period has expired.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #5
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
The BMW dealer I purchased my used X3 from, when it was 8 years old, printed out all the detailed service history records for the vehicle from when it was new to current prior to me purchasing it. It was purchased new from the same dealer and all services were done there too, even after the warranty expired. Sure made my purchasing decision easier having the detailed service history YMMV
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 10:48 PM   #6
magpies14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 f25 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansblueMsport View Post
Hey guys,

Is there a website that will show all the repair history done on a particular bmw car using a VIN? I'm not referring to Carfax.. I thought I saw one when I was researching and buying my 328i about 3 yrs ago, but couldn't find it anymore.

TIA
You can look up at auto-records.com but each record cost if not mistaken USD7-8 each. Still reasonable IMHO
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #7
OLIVERSTAN
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

You can look up at: https://check-car.eu/
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 01:09 PM   #8
kfly
Rep
Drives: E93,F25,F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIVERSTAN View Post
You can look up at: https://check-car.eu/
Just had them run a full history of BMW service. Had lots of records not on carfax including a n20 engine replacment.
Thanks for the website to look up BMW service records. Seems some BMW dealers don't report service records to carfax anymore.
Kevin
Appreciate 0