BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3 and X4 Forums | F25 (2011 - 2017) | F26 (2014 - Current) Second Generation BMW X3 (F25) General Forum What did you do to you X3 today?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-12-2021, 08:44 AM   #859
Weslsew
Enlisted Member
United_States
2
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: F25 X3 35i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW JA View Post
trying to lift the cupholders themselves was a problem I never really solved.
you've gotta really really pull hard to get them to pop out, like almost to the point you feel like its gonna break, but it will pop loose
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #860
JJ 911SC
Retired Navy Chief
JJ 911SC's Avatar
Canada
1884
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i, 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Took her for a beauty treatment... Line-up at 06:00
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #861
Wgosma
Major
United_States
547
Rep
1,443
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Removed the tint which previous owner had applied (was too dark) and had front driver/passenger windows ceramic tinted to match other windows that have factory privacy glass.
Now I can drive safely at night.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
      06-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #862
gav1ndica
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: X3 F25
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Smoked bumper reflectors and 3rd brake.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 11:25 AM   #863
WagonR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
134
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
Removed the tint which previous owner had applied (was too dark) and had front driver/passenger windows ceramic tinted to match other windows that have factory privacy glass.
Now I can drive safely at night.
Do you know the product and tint percentage that was used? It looks like a pretty good match to the factory tint to me. I've been wanting to do the same thing.
__________________
Current:
2017 F87 M2 6MT
2013 F25 X3 3.5i
2008 E90 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #864
Wgosma
Major
United_States
547
Rep
1,443
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonR View Post
Do you know the product and tint percentage that was used? It looks like a pretty good match to the factory tint to me. I've been wanting to do the same thing.
Well, it's never all that easy to get a decent photo of window tint - this was shot w/door open, car in garage the other cloudy day.

Product: Xpel Prime XR PLUS Ceramic - 30%. The match to the factory privacy glass is as close to perfect as you can get, it's a dead on - the shop owner knows his stuff.

Bill
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2021, 12:21 PM   #865
pungo
Lieutenant Colonel
pungo's Avatar
United_States
433
Rep
1,723
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4 ///M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
Well, it's never all that easy to get a decent photo of window tint - this was shot w/door open, car in garage the other cloudy day.

Product: Xpel Prime XR PLUS Ceramic - 30%. The match to the factory privacy glass is as close to perfect as you can get, it's a dead on - the shop owner knows his stuff.

Bill
Nice match, I installed GeoShield Nano Ceramic 35% since that's the legal limit for my state, it's not an exact match but pretty close and way better than none What's up with the tint gap at the top of your window? I always install it with near zero gap.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2021, 12:36 PM   #866
Wgosma
Major
United_States
547
Rep
1,443
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
Well, it's never all that easy to get a decent photo of window tint - this was shot w/door open, car in garage the other cloudy day.

Product: Xpel Prime XR PLUS Ceramic - 30%. The match to the factory privacy glass is as close to perfect as you can get, it's a dead on - the shop owner knows his stuff.

Bill
Nice match, I installed GeoShield Nano Ceramic 35% since that's the legal limit for my state, it's not an exact match but pretty close and way better than none What's up with the tint gap at the top of your window? I always install it with near zero gap.
i think im technically illegal at 30% here in Nevada, believe 35% is the limit. We don't have annual car inspections as is done in some States, my tint is so close to legal it's unlikely I'd ever have an issue if stopped by police. Desert out here, you see many cars with pretty dark tints....my sense is unless you're running a 5% limo tint all around you're good to go.

I did not watch the tech do the install, the shop has automated film cutting capabilities so that might be the reason for the gap, tho I'm not 100% certain on that. Windows up all one sees is film.

the shop owner told me the BMW privacy glass density does vary from model to model, year to year so he uses 30-40% films to achieve good match.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 04:35 PM   #867
pokerface
Colonel
pokerface's Avatar
Canada
367
Rep
2,464
Posts

Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Curt Hitch install on my 2013.

Took way longer than I care to admit, partly being careful, partly due to the plastic pop rivets kicking my butt, and also getting these Chinese aftermarket splash guards on.

YouTube was my friend. Official instructions didnít help.

I recently found the custom wire harness hack which I can just slip through tailgate when needed. I think I will pursue that in the future.
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 4
Wgosma547.00
JJ 911SC1884.00
Bufalo122.50
      07-01-2021, 04:55 PM   #868
Wgosma
Major
United_States
547
Rep
1,443
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Pokerface:
Question....does the original (internal) factory metal 'bumper' get reinstalled?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 04:57 PM   #869
JJ 911SC
Retired Navy Chief
JJ 911SC's Avatar
Canada
1884
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i, 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
... I recently found the custom wire harness hack which I can just slip through tailgate when needed. I think I will pursue that in the future.
I'm leading to these one, no splicing.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #870
pokerface
Colonel
pokerface's Avatar
Canada
367
Rep
2,464
Posts

Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
Pokerface:
Question....does the original (internal) factory metal 'bumper' get reinstalled?
Yes. The hitch sits in between the body and crash bar. I actually am not sure I understand how four bolts will hold it in (shear?)

I have a Curt platform bike rack waiting to go on.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #871
Wgosma
Major
United_States
547
Rep
1,443
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
Yes. The hitch sits in between the body and crash bar. I actually am not sure I understand how four bolts will hold it in (shear?)

I have a Curt platform bike rack waiting to go on.
Thanks, the Curt hitch looks reasonably priced too.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:26 AM   #872
Aceway
Captain
United_States
329
Rep
690
Posts

Drives: E82 135i / F25 28i / 981 GT4
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10535MS View Post
Where did you source parts for this? i looked on Pelican but didnt see this part for the door panel. My 2013 has sticky pull handles and are chipping. would love to replace

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1


(ebay might have it for even less)
How difficult would it be to remove the new piece? Just worried it might be a potential headache when removing the door panel in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 09:28 PM   #873
pokerface
Colonel
pokerface's Avatar
Canada
367
Rep
2,464
Posts

Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

A little squat but no performance issues. Took it like a champ.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
Wgosma547.00
      07-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #874
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
123
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2009 328i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Harrisburg, PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Yesterday - engine oil change, rear diff oil change, transmission fluid change & transfer case oil change at 98,155 miles on our 2017 35i. (did the front diff a few months back)
Appreciate 2
      07-11-2021, 05:44 PM   #875
bmwPower99
New Member
2
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: bmw f25 X3 35d
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: uk

iTrader: (0)

Today in my f25 35d I was behind a Porsche panemera S V6. Single lane lots of slow cars it opened into double. I said to my wife let's see how fast these Porsches are. We both immediately moved to overtake slower cars and gunned it and I was on him all the way. He pulled in and I overtook. I'm surprised those things are not a lot faster.
Appreciate 1
Wgosma547.00
      07-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #876
JJ 911SC
Retired Navy Chief
JJ 911SC's Avatar
Canada
1884
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 M40i, 911SC
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwPower99 View Post
... He pulled in and I overtook. I'm surprised those things are not a lot faster.
I don't thing it was the car that was slow . If it was a Turbo S, top speed is 196 Mph

Porsche claims the 4,751-pound Turbo S sedan (the same powertrain is of course available in 2021 versions of the Sport Turismo and long-wheelbase Executive Panameras) will surge from zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds and to 100 mph in 7.2 seconds en route to a top speed of 196 mph, using Launch Control in Sport Plus mode.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #877
Wgosma
Major
United_States
547
Rep
1,443
Posts

Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwPower99 View Post
Today in my f25 35d I was behind a Porsche panemera S V6. Single lane lots of slow cars it opened into double. I said to my wife let's see how fast these Porsches are. We both immediately moved to overtake slower cars and gunned it and I was on him all the way. He pulled in and I overtook. I'm surprised those things are not a lot faster.
Impressive, and with the wife too- even more impressive!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 06:04 PM   #878
bmwPower99
New Member
2
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: bmw f25 X3 35d
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
I don't thing it was the car that was slow . If it was a Turbo S, top speed is 196 Mph

Porsche claims the 4,751-pound Turbo S sedan (the same powertrain is of course available in 2021 versions of the Sport Turismo and long-wheelbase Executive Panameras) will surge from zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds and to 100 mph in 7.2 seconds en route to a top speed of 196 mph, using Launch Control in Sport Plus mode.
The turbos are no joke. I think the V6 panemera S is 330bhp.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #879
pungo
Lieutenant Colonel
pungo's Avatar
United_States
433
Rep
1,723
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4 ///M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwPower99 View Post
Today in my f25 35d I was behind a Porsche panemera S V6. Single lane lots of slow cars it opened into double. I said to my wife let's see how fast these Porsches are. We both immediately moved to overtake slower cars and gunned it and I was on him all the way. He pulled in and I overtook. I'm surprised those things are not a lot faster.
Just because you were "on him all the way" doesn't mean it's not a lot faster, maybe they only went the speed they wanted to get past the traffic. If they wanted, they probably could have easily pulled away embarrassing you in front of your wife
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 07:48 PM   #880
pungo
Lieutenant Colonel
pungo's Avatar
United_States
433
Rep
1,723
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4 ///M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwPower99 View Post
The turbos are no joke. I think the V6 panemera S is 330bhp.
No Joke is right, I've driven one and it puts my 35i to shame.

The Panamera S has a twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 that produces 420 horsepower.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST