BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Keweenawbee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 X3 30i-m-exec Rides: RT1100

DIY service & maintenance

I am really curious about this. I do as much as I am able to do correctly. I do all the service on my RT motorcycle, but it's a 98, set the idle with screws and balance the throttle bodies with a twin-max. Change oil and brakes on the Fords.

I could not believe how much time we spent in the finance office going over and declining the servicing and care options. Do all the dealers have those interactive desktops? Wow! She was stunned that we religiously wax our vehicles ourselves and have our own pressure washer. I mentioned I would probably attempt to do my own oil and brakes after the warranty.

What are any of you intending to do yourselves?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
In Canada, scheduled maintenance is included for 4 years or 80,000km. Beyond that, my in-house mechanic will take care of any service. Helps to have a son who decided that after studying classics in university he should go on to study auto mechanics.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
azf100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keweenawbee View Post
I am really curious about this. I do as much as I am able to do correctly. I do all the service on my RT motorcycle, but it's a 98, set the idle with screws and balance the throttle bodies with a twin-max. Change oil and brakes on the Fords.

I could not believe how much time we spent in the finance office going over and declining the servicing and care options. Do all the dealers have those interactive desktops? Wow! She was stunned that we religiously wax our vehicles ourselves and have our own pressure washer. I mentioned I would probably attempt to do my own oil and brakes after the warranty.

What are any of you intending to do yourselves?
Yep. Standard practice to sell you on all the extras. I do everything myself. For paint protection I use the Zaino system. Oil and brakes are simple.
Appreciate 1