BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-16-2021, 10:34 PM   #45
You
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M370z View Post
73k for a 2020??? That has to be a mistake. Take that deal right now, seriously..
If I didn’t dump a bunch of money into PPF, ceramic coating, and a stealth hitch it would be an easier choice to sell. Also losing 10.5% on sales tax would hurt as well. I’m probably better off keeping it for years to get some use out of my ‘investments’.

It would make a nice used car though.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 10:36 PM   #46
You
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshxdough View Post
Are you guys getting instant quotes for your vehicle from Driveway? It's asking me to get my vehicle inspected further for a quote. Granted I have an X3 M40i and not an X3 M, still just seeing what the value is here.
Mine were all instant quotes from Driveway. When I tried Carvana it took a couple days to get a quote via email.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 07:42 AM   #47
Drexel_Lake
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i 330cic

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
2005 BMW 330ci  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
If I didn’t dump a bunch of money into PPF, ceramic coating, and a stealth hitch it would be an easier choice to sell. Also losing 10.5% on sales tax would hurt as well. I’m probably better off keeping it for years to get some use out of my ‘investments’.

I've never had ceramic coating in nearly 50 years of auto ownership. I've also never had a trade in be turned down for road rash.
      06-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #48
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Has anyone had luck with Vroom matching offers from other sites? They are 2k lower than AutoNation right now, but I'd much rather go through them instead of having to drive out of state to AutoNation.
      06-17-2021, 07:47 AM   #49
evo-mike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexel_Lake View Post
Quote:

I've never had ceramic coating in nearly 50 years of auto ownership. I've also never had a trade in be turned down for road rash.
Ceramic coating helps keep it clean, makes stuff harder to stick to it so it looks better. Doesn't protect it from road rash, rock chips, etc
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #50
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Has anyone had luck with Vroom matching offers from other sites? They are 2k lower than AutoNation right now, but I'd much rather go through them instead of having to drive out of state to AutoNation.
My experience is that they have a higher price than the initial offer if you ask, but my counter-offer from GMTV that was 1k higher than my car was not matched. Ended up going with them regardless because GMTV did not want to deal with the lease payoff to BMWFS.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 04:32 PM   #51
You
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexel_Lake View Post
Okay.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #52
asp17
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Comp

After around 20yrs of BMWs

I FUDGED UP last year and bought a Benz!!

Thank God for this Used car Surge!!
Im back home in a BMW ///M

DAMN it feels good to be back
      07-11-2021, 11:12 PM   #53
MIA_F80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Yas Marina

Any recommendations on best way to potentially sell/ get rid of my current 2020 x3m40i lease to get into an x3MC lease?
      07-12-2021, 07:15 AM   #54
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_F80 View Post
Any recommendations on best way to potentially sell/ get rid of my current 2020 x3m40i lease to get into an x3MC lease?
Get a car quote from Carvana, Vroom. Start by those too.

Find your payoff from the BMWFS page.

Selling the car with those is really easy.

Hopefully you have equity in the car.
Appreciate 1
ChipC43.50
      07-12-2021, 09:37 AM   #55
ChipC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post

F82 is spot on with the above. I would add Driveway to that list. I just sold a truck and X3MC to them in the last month. They paid a premium over the other two with no negotiation. It may be dependent on the area of the country you are in.

Also, time may be of the essence. I am seeing that used car prices are starting to turn slightly in some areas.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #56
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post

F82 is spot on with the above. I would add Driveway to that list. I just sold a truck and X3MC to them in the last month. They paid a premium over the other two with no negotiation. It may be dependent on the area of the country you are in.

Also, time may be of the essence. I am seeing that used car prices are starting to turn slightly in some areas.

Good luck.
Thanks for that! Driveway isn't available in Florida and it looks like user is in Miami (from his username). But I've heard great things too!

I would also recommend to hurry up, looks like the market is getting better for availability of cars and lower used car prices.

Lastly, it looks like BMW has changed the rules vis-à-vis third party lease purchases on June 25 2021, so some research needs to be done on that topic as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 12:19 AM   #57
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Quote:
Anyone successfully take advantage of the surging prices of used cars to sell their X3M? Did you get above what you were expecting?

I bought my 2020 last year in July, have put a whole 1,500 miles on it since then. It's fun to drive when I do take it out, but it seems like a waste to keep it in the garage collecting dust.
What do you mean?

Like its worth 2k more than what it would have been worth a few months ago, type thing?

Sorry, but I don't follow the logic in getting OUT of an M car for an extra couple of grand if it costs even more to get back into a new one.. why, to make some money?!?

Not trying to be critical, but if you own an M in the first place, I'm assuming a small second hand profit isn't how you earn your living in the first place.. what am I missing here? I'd much rather open the garage door to an M, versus a few extra grand in my account.. but again, not trying to be critical, Im just seeing a lot of people talking about selling their car due to current market dynamics and I honestly don't understand it.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2021, 06:17 AM   #58
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spucktacular View Post
Quote:
Anyone successfully take advantage of the surging prices of used cars to sell their X3M? Did you get above what you were expecting?

I bought my 2020 last year in July, have put a whole 1,500 miles on it since then. It's fun to drive when I do take it out, but it seems like a waste to keep it in the garage collecting dust.
What do you mean?

Like its worth 2k more than what it would have been worth a few months ago, type thing?

Sorry, but I don't follow the logic in getting OUT of an M car for an extra couple of grand if it costs even more to get back into a new one.. why, to make some money?!?

Not trying to be critical, but if you own an M in the first place, I'm assuming a small second hand profit isn't how you earn your living in the first place.. what am I missing here? I'd much rather open the garage door to an M, versus a few extra grand in my account.. but again, not trying to be critical, Im just seeing a lot of people talking about selling their car due to current market dynamics and I honestly don't understand it.
Some people get in and out of cars frequently and if you can make a profit on a vehicle, it can be tempting. You've basically been paid to drive a car for a year.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 08:09 AM   #59
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spucktacular View Post
Quote:

What do you mean?

Some people get in and out of cars frequently and if you can make a profit on a vehicle, it can be tempting. You've basically been paid to drive a car for a year.
Second this.

The poster probably got bored of the car and wants to try something new. In a normal world you'd get hosed doing these. Not in today's market.

You are right, cars are more expensive to enter into right now, but there are discounts. The best play would be to sell high and wait out the market a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #60
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Was offered 67k from drive away for my 2021 Comp with only 5k miles… pretty lame 😒
Appreciate 2
      07-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #61
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Was offered 67k from drive away for my 2021 Comp with only 5k miles… pretty lame 😒
Nature is healing 😧
Appreciate 1
LloydP83.50
      07-14-2021, 06:33 PM   #62
jphcbpa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i & 2023 X7 40i

Driveway bought me out of my x5 lease 14 months early and I netted nearly $6k. They just picked up my wife's 2014 3 series and she pocketed $8k. Super easy experience with them. They pickup our cars at the house.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #63
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC (on order)

Im in the UK but I can confirm there seems to be a surge here too. I am getting offered more at the moment than I was about 6 months ago which is almost ludicrous. I am aiming to break even with my finance agreement...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 03:51 AM   #64
henry6VM
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d

I wonder how UK prices on the cars are different from the US prices for the same cars in US. Although I know couple of trustful and reliable resources like this exact site ( website link here ), it seems that it cannot help with the prices in the foreign countries. It's pretty helpful resource I should admit, cause it has even online estimator, which help anybody to trade in their used car for the most profitable price.

Last edited by henry6VM; 12-13-2021 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #65
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

Not related to X3M, but will use the equity to get the LCI X3M. Sold my 2021 M3 Comp with 4k miles for 10k over MSRP, only took a minor tax hit on my M3 as I traded in a car for it.
Appreciate 0