BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Closed Thread

06-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #89
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
BMW is known for holding back features on lower models in their lineup in order to protect the upper model attractiveness.
X3 is their volume seller. I wouldn't be surprised if the LCI has remote start if it gets the complete ID7 upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 06:23 PM   #90
tm811
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 m4 comp xdrive

Not really having any FOMO. I bought the vehicle for the performance and utility. I like the current styling of my 2020. Unless there was some large upgrade to the engine not really interested.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 06:27 PM   #91
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3mcesq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
IMHO, I do not waste time chasing the newest and greatest thing. I am perfectly happy with my MY21 X3M.

Do I like some of the changes BMW has made, yes.
Am I going to lose sleep over it, No.

Just remember, it is the experience of driving that enlivens you, not the X3M itself.
Quote:
IMHO, I do not waste time chasing the newest and greatest thing. I am perfectly happy with my MY21 X3M.

Just remember, it is the experience of driving that enlivens you, not the X3M itself.
I lost a little bit of sleep last night after seeing the BMWM teaser video on Instagram for the 2022 LCI. Thoughts running through my head of not taking delivery.

My 21MY X3MC went from production begins to assembly in progress this morning on the dominos pizza tracker.

I am taking some solace in that I got a great deal for an allocation build exactly what i wanted, the 2022 won't be out for months, the deals probably won't be great given the market and given the LCI. It would be a long time I think until I could get similar numbers on a 2022. This car was at the end of my budget anyway. I am trying to think of the 2022 LCI like I think about the X5M. Out of my league at the moment.

Someone please tell me I am right about that…

Someone just please continue to comfort me…

These are my thoughts as well. I just managed to get an 9% discount pre-incentives for a 2021 X3M. Specs how I like them and about to enter production. It'll be here in about 60 days.

I had about 8k of equity on my M3 lease, and I'm selling it because I'm unsure how long this used car shortage will last.

I am really torn about this, but I knew this was coming really soon. I can undo the deal, but I don't want to wait about 8 months (source: my butt, no real data behind this expectation) until I can get an allocation with a reasonable discount (8-10%).

I've decided to keep the non-LCI too.

Thoughts? For those that would pick to wait, what alternative transportation would you consider in the meantime?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 06:37 PM   #92
X3mcesq
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I lost a little bit of sleep last night after seeing the BMWM teaser video on Instagram for the 2022 LCI. Thoughts running through my head of not taking delivery.

My 21MY X3MC went from production begins to assembly in progress this morning on the dominos pizza tracker.

I am taking some solace in that I got a great deal for an allocation build exactly what i wanted, the 2022 won't be out for months, the deals probably won't be great given the market and given the LCI. It would be a long time I think until I could get similar numbers on a 2022. This car was at the end of my budget anyway. I am trying to think of the 2022 LCI like I think about the X5M. Out of my league at the moment.

These are my thoughts as well. I just managed to get an 9% discount pre-incentives for a 2021 X3M. Specs how I like them and about to enter production. It'll be here in about 60 days.

I had about 8k of equity on my M3 lease, and I'm selling it because I'm unsure how long this used car shortage will last.

I am really torn about this, but I knew this was coming really soon. I can undo the deal, but I don't want to wait about 8 months (source: my butt, no real data behind this expectation) until I can get an allocation with a reasonable discount (8-10%).

Thoughts? For those that would pick to wait, what alternative transportation would you consider in the meantime?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I can say that you can expect the car in about a quarter to a half that time (you said 60 days) if you car is about to enter production… so that's good
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 06:44 PM   #93
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I can say that you can expect the car in about a quarter to a half that time (you said 60 days) if you car is about to enter production… so that's good
You are right, i am trying to be conservative. I've been told 45 days. It has to go to an out of state dealership and then be shipped to where I live. I'll probably get it here in 45 days, but you never know…
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 06:58 PM   #94
X3mcesq
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You are right, i am trying to be conservative. I've been told 45 days. It has to go to an out of state dealership and then be shipped to where I live. I'll probably get it here in 45 days, but you never know…
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

PM me if you want the details of my build and timeline. Just got to the "dispatched from factory" status this morning. I think 30 days is even high to expect

Mine also is out of state
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 07:14 PM   #95
Axix23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Is there a lot more room for discount off msrp on the X3 m then the m3? It doesn’t seem like any dealerships want to do anything on the m3…..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #96
Bestle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI, Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axix23 View Post
Is there a lot more room for discount off msrp on the X3 m then the m3? It doesn’t seem like any dealerships want to do anything on the m3…..
In the UK the X3MC sells for way below MSRP (easy to get 20% off) and the M3 is selling at MSRP.

M3C MSRP: £74,815
X3MC MSRP: £80,295, ~£65,000 with discount

So even though the M3C has a lower MSRP, the X3MC is actually way cheaper to buy. I expect the LCI to fall somewhere in the middle.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 07:48 PM   #97
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
From what I've seen, yes. During May M3/M4 was discounted about 4-5% pre-incentives. X3M 6-10% pre-incentives.

June is a disaster, shortages for every model. Limited discounts. X3Ms selling at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 08:56 PM   #98
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
Really need June 9th to be here already so I can see what the lci will look like and what else is new. Been waiting since beginning of this year to see if the lci is the right one or 2021. Once they announce the lci, do you guys think there will be a huge discount on 2021 my? I need to get into an x3m asap. 😩
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #99
Axix23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestle View Post
In the UK the X3MC sells for way below MSRP (easy to get 20% off) and the M3 is selling at MSRP.

M3C MSRP: £74,815
X3MC MSRP: £80,295, ~£65,000 with discount

So even though the M3C has a lower MSRP, the X3MC is actually way cheaper to buy. I expect the LCI to fall somewhere in the middle.
wow, that's awesome. I wished I lived in UK. lol I guess I will wait until the end of 2021 to try to negotiate on a 2022 x3mc

Why do you think the x3m is cheaper to buy than the m3? Is the m3 more limited production?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #100
Kozumasbullitt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Really need June 9th to be here already so I can see what the lci will look like and what else is new. Been waiting since beginning of this year to see if the lci is the right one or 2021. Once they announce the lci, do you guys think there will be a huge discount on 2021 my? I need to get into an x3m asap. 😩
All depends on location and current supply and demand. I would guess many people in high cost of living areas are better off waiting for the LCI, MSRP either way. Alternatively, some people may be able to get 10% + off a 21 X3M, YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #101
Axix23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
From what I've seen, yes. During May M3/M4 was discounted about 4-5% pre-incentives. X3M 6-10% pre-incentives.

June is a disaster, shortages for every model. Limited discounts. X3Ms selling at MSRP.
Gotcha, probably best to wait until end of 2021 to snag a deal. I have never paid msrp in my life on a new car and don't plan on to. lol
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:20 PM   #102
Axix23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I am curious about this too... I remember when they announced the 2021 Supras, all the 2020 remaining stock was heavily discounted.. I know, comparing apples and oranges... That was last Feb 2020
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:29 PM   #103
M370z
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 370z

Quote:
Quote:
I am curious about this too... I remember when they announced the 2021 Supras, all the 2020 remaining stock was heavily discounted.. I know, comparing apples and oranges... That was last Feb 2020
The 2021 Supra was basically an entirely different car though. Not so much here. Quantities are limited enough where the LCI announcement won't move the needle much.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 09:32 PM   #104
Axix23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M370z View Post
The 2021 Supra was basically an entirely different car though. Not so much here. Quantities are limited enough where the LCI announcement won't move the needle much.
Gotcha, they made some revisions on the b58 motor and other tweaks. No really entirely different car. But I got ya. They can't drop it too much or it will affect the resell value.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 12:21 AM   #105
CH_M3f80
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3MC LCI

Hi guys!
May you can detect! Is it frozen marina bay or frozen portimao blue?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 01:18 AM   #106
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozumasbullitt View Post
Quote:
All depends on location and current supply and demand. I would guess many people in high cost of living areas are better off waiting for the LCI, MSRP either way. Alternatively, some people may be able to get 10% + off a 21 X3M, YMMV.
Yeah. I was able to get 11% off of 2021 my right now plus bmw incentives. Probably will be msrp for the lci. The wait is driving me insane and it's only a few days away.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #107
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

If you're looking for any discounts, better secure the numbers now. Most everything new is going for MSRP and it's not going to get any better for several months.

In addition to that, it will be interesting to see just how many 22 model years BMW can actually deliver.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 07:31 AM   #108
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Won't be a HP increase, it won't have more than M3/M4 but I would be shocked if the comp didn't get the torque increase to 479 which is a big deal. Also might get transmission tuning.

For those who think they will get any discount this year, don't hold your breath, all new cars are selling at msrp right now as the supply shortages on chips is so bad and not changing anytime soon. Why would dealers give discounts?

I have never bought out a lease before but my X3MC only has 11,700 miles on it (covid, and it was a demo that already had 4,000 when i got it) with 16 months left on lease. 49,900 buyout looking attractive.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 08:45 AM   #109
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Won't be a HP increase, it won't have more than M3/M4 but I would be shocked if the comp didn't get the torque increase to 479 which is a big deal. Also might get transmission tuning.

For those who think they will get any discount this year, don't hold your breath, all new cars are selling at msrp right now as the supply shortages on chips is so bad and not changing anytime soon. Why would dealers give discounts?

I have never bought out a lease before but my X3MC only has 11,700 miles on it (covid, and it was a demo that already had 4,000 when i got it) with 16 months left on lease. 49,900 buyout looking attractive.
Yeah it will 100% get the TQ increase to match the M3 comp. I'm almost debating on just selling my 2021 now while the market is hot. Only 200 miles on it 😂
      06-06-2021, 10:40 AM   #110
Klazu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
With only 16 months left on the lease, why not just enjoy the car and get a nice 2023 X3MC next year? I bet it will have something over the 2022...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread