BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-09-2021, 10:56 AM   #1519
zoGZog
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt2 View Post
I just spec'd a '22 M40i tonight and the best I could do was MSRP in my market (NY). Are you still seeing 6% off MSRP? If so, could you PM me contact details for your broker? I'd love to get in touch with him to discuss options.
Did you pull the trigger yet? I'm in the same situation in NYC.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #1520
TomCanada
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

I got approx 5% off MSRP on my M40i up here in Toronto - and no waiting list (slotted for November production). Also with current exchange rates, our MSRP of CAD$67k is just USD$52.8k, whereas state-side the MSRP is USD$57.8k.. That makes my discount equivalent to 8.7% off US MSRP. Finally an advantage to our Beaver Pesos!
Appreciate 1
jacko15208.50
      09-13-2021, 12:28 PM   #1521
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Anybody finding any decent deals on 22 X3 in PNW (WA, OR, ID)? Best I've been offered thus far on 22 X3 is roughly 2-3% off MSRP. Most are either MSRP or above around here
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 02:08 PM   #1522
Eris496
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i/2023 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
Anybody finding any decent deals on 22 X3 in PNW (WA, OR, ID)? Best I've been offered thus far on 22 X3 is roughly 2-3% off MSRP. Most are either MSRP or above around here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
I saw more cars are coming or have arrived the dealership. If you search on cars, you will see. Just wait a few more weeks, it could be different. My two cents good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:32 PM   #1523
dt2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoGZog View Post
Did you pull the trigger yet? I'm in the same situation in NYC.
I did pull the trigger.

My thought process... I wanted to spec the car exactly as I wanted, and I wasn't seeing the right option combinations I wanted in a market that's moving extremely quickly.

The dealership I was working with had one allocation left when I was there in early Sept, and I felt the premium was worth locking it down. I'm currently without a car (2019 30i totaled by Ida flooding), and I need to resolve that situation reasonably quickly. I was told I should take delivery in 5-6 weeks - I'm taking that with a grain of salt (hopefully not much more than a grain), but it seemed like the right balance of getting exactly what I wanted without having to extend being car-less by hunting down another dealership with an allocation, and then possibly face the same situation of paying no less than MSRP anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 06:50 AM   #1524
Klarato
Rep
Drives: VW Tiguan 140TDI Rline

Garage List
Talking

G'day all from downunder.

Ordered my first BMW as a replacement of my 2018 VW Tiguan Rline.

Dealer stated that if i placed an order and accepted that it would be delayed until a January build slot i could get all the features i wanted and stated it would be one of the first few X3 LCI's with the driving assist pro in Australia.

Current planned delivery date is April 2022 - But super excited.
Only thing i haven't confirmed yet is the colour.
Tossing up between Sophisto Grey & Black Sapphire at the moment.

Build:
X3 30i 2022 LCI

Comfort Pack (Heated seats / Steering wheel)
Visibility Pack (Laserlight- Sunroof)
M Sport Package
Black Leather seats with the blue contrast stitching
Remote Engine Start
Drive Recorder
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Instrument Panel in Sensatec
Acoustic Glazing
Red Sport Brakes
Darkest Legal Tint
5 years / 80k free servicing.

Confirmed due to January build:
Driver Assist Professional
Wireless mobile charging
Harman Kardon Soundsystem

Cost - $96,500 AUD

There is also a "M sport plus package" That adds carbon fibre trim to the dash and M Sport Seats but unsure if its worth the $2,500 upgrade for those.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 08:03 PM   #1525
JC210
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 30i

Garage List
2021 BMW X4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klarato View Post

Dealer stated that if i placed an order and accepted that it would be delayed until a January build slot i could get all the features i wanted and stated it would be one of the first few X3 LCI's with the driving assist pro in Australia.

I can confirm those timelines, my X4 was January 2021 build, delivered (Geelong) on 23 April 2021.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #1526
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:

Ordered my first BMW as a replacement of my 2018 VW Tiguan Rline.

Only thing i haven't confirmed yet is the colour.
Tossing up between Sophisto Grey & Black Sapphire at the moment.

Build:
X3 30i 2022 LCI

Comfort Pack (Heated seats / Steering wheel)
Visibility Pack (Laserlight- Sunroof)
M Sport Package
Black Leather seats with the blue contrast stitching
Remote Engine Start
Drive Recorder
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Instrument Panel in Sensatec
Acoustic Glazing
Red Sport Brakes
Darkest Legal Tint
5 years / 80k free servicing.

Confirmed due to January build:
Driver Assist Professional
Wireless mobile charging
Harman Kardon Soundsystem

Cost - $96,500 AUD

There is also a "M sport plus package" That adds carbon fibre trim to the dash and M Sport Seats but unsure if its worth the $2,500 upgrade for those.
Hey mate, seems like an alright deal (considering this would be 10k less a year or two ago... sigh...
so theyve confirmed our Aus bound cars will have wireless charging etc back on board for Jan builds?

One thing i might suggest is driving recorder, remote start etc can be activated later, so it may be wiser to remove them off the purchase agreement as if you do it after the fact via the dealer, you wont have to pay the additional taxes ie stamp duty, LCT etc on those portions. Service pack too if you're paying for it and not on the corporate plan

Have you conidered extended shadowline for the grilles etc?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 05:24 AM   #1527
Klarato
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC210 View Post
I can confirm those timelines, my X4 was January 2021 build, delivered (Geelong) on 23 April 2021.
Awesome - Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
so theyve confirmed our Aus bound cars will have wireless charging etc back on board for Jan builds?

Have you conidered extended shadowline for the grilles etc?
Hey mate - Yeah the dealer had to email off to find info from BMW and after around a week of back and forth said that if we order with a January build slot will be fitted with wireless charging + all the other stuff that's currently unavailable.

Its listed currently on our order in the special requirements section that it will include all of that. (Not to mention we made it quite clear we don't want to get a new car with less features than my current Tiguan)

The car is going to be leased via my company as my car so not super fussed about the taxes etc as long as we kept it under that 100k spot don't have to deal with the extra LCT charges and doesn't have to come out of my pocket haha.

Yeah i am very on the fence about the shadow line for the grill - I felt if i was getting white i 100% needed it. But on the black or grey from the online photos it seems to break the front up a bit.

Problem with lockdowns in Melbourne is i can't visit to get a good idea of how the cars look in person.

I still have until end of Oct to make changes so really fighting about the colour / shadowline and if its worth adding the m sport seats now or not haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 09:33 PM   #1528
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Hey mate - Yeah the dealer had to email off to find info from BMW and after around a week of back and forth said that if we order with a January build slot will be fitted with wireless charging + all the other stuff that's currently unavailable.

Its listed currently on our order in the special requirements section that it will include all of that. (Not to mention we made it quite clear we don't want to get a new car with less features than my current Tiguan)

The car is going to be leased via my company as my car so not super fussed about the taxes etc as long as we kept it under that 100k spot don't have to deal with the extra LCT charges and doesn't have to come out of my pocket haha.

Yeah i am very on the fence about the shadow line for the grill - I felt if i was getting white i 100% needed it. But on the black or grey from the online photos it seems to break the front up a bit.

Problem with lockdowns in Melbourne is i can't visit to get a good idea of how the cars look in person.

I still have until end of Oct to make changes so really fighting about the colour / shadowline and if its worth adding the m sport seats now or not haha.
agreed re the darker colours, it is nice to break it up a bit!

understand about the package, doesnt sound too bad when you put it like that! Out of curiosity, did you price up an M40 or was that out from the start?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 12:33 AM   #1529
Klarato
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
did you price up an M40 or was that out from the start?
Nah didn't look at the 40i as i think the price was going to be well over the 100k mark. (As much as i would love the power)

Original plan was to stick with VW since we have 7 cars in the company with them + van's and other things but i haven't been able to get a single dealer to return my call about ordering new cars.
(Not to mention the new Tiguan is much of muchness of new features and i feel a bit worse compared to my 2018 model).

In 5 years when its time to replace it again will hopefully be able to nudge the company to increase my budget for the car and go up a model haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 01:45 AM   #1530
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Nah didn't look at the 40i as i think the price was going to be well over the 100k mark. (As much as i would love the power)

Original plan was to stick with VW since we have 7 cars in the company with them + van's and other things but i haven't been able to get a single dealer to return my call about ordering new cars.
(Not to mention the new Tiguan is much of muchness of new features and i feel a bit worse compared to my 2018 model).

In 5 years when its time to replace it again will hopefully be able to nudge the company to increase my budget for the car and go up a model haha.
Fair enough - we currently have a VW for the family duties and moving to the new ones with touch pad and touch screen and all that cost cutting rubbish theyre pushing just isnt going to cut it for a car thats already going to have human and fur distractions riding inside.

The BMWs are the last cars running normal human friendly gear so i reckon you will love it!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 03:49 AM   #1531
Klarato
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The BMWs are the last cars running normal human friendly gear so i reckon you will love it!
Thanks man! - Yea tell me about it - Such a shame how they seem to think capacitive buttons are ever going to be better than a proper button haha.

Yeah its so far away until delivery - i just hope that they don't make any last minute changes and take some of the tech away that they have promised considering all the production issues at the moment.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #1532
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

x3

what are you guys seeing in li/ny/tri state area? how much off msrp?
      10-15-2021, 09:20 PM   #1533
samjac811
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
what are you guys seeing in li/ny/tri state area? how much off msrp?
I had been looking for a few months and while going back and forth with dealers in the NY metro area, the most i was seeing off MSRP was 1K. But then a number of options went away (shadowline, HUD, XMradio) and not much in inventory anymore i did find one that was part of a dealers local inventory with shadowline and the other options but they were smacking 3K on top of msrp!! i was like F u guys. bunch of crooks taking advantage of the shortage. best part is that the car has been on the lot for months! my guess is because they wont flex on the numbers. Will be months before those options come back due to shortages. Totally blows....
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 10:10 PM   #1534
dt2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjac811 View Post
I had been looking for a few months and while going back and forth with dealers in the NY metro area, the most i was seeing off MSRP was 1K. But then a number of options went away (shadowline, HUD, XMradio) and not much in inventory anymore i did find one that was part of a dealers local inventory with shadowline and the other options but they were smacking 3K on top of msrp!! i was like F u guys. bunch of crooks taking advantage of the shortage. best part is that the car has been on the lot for months! my guess is because they wont flex on the numbers. Will be months before those options come back due to shortages. Totally blows....
That was exactly my dilemma… I’d just lost my car to flooding which forced my hand and I paid MSRP minus loyalty and finance incentives. I was pretty upset about it at the time, but seeing how things played out since then - options being deleted and plummeting inventory - has made me feel a bit better.

Somehow I got mega-lucky… my order from 2 days before Labor Day kept the 19” wheels I ordered, extended shadowline and headlights, and HUD - I didn’t lose anything (never spec’d the HK). It just moved into dispatched from factory, hopefully on the way to the dealer now.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 04:22 AM   #1535
zequic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d

Anyone how long it is taking to get a production week for cars in n the UK?

Order 16 Oct but still no production week planned when I talk to the BMW genius dudes.

It would be rally useful understand how other are getting on. Car is a fully spec'd x3 M40D if it helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:14 PM   #1536
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Ordered 10/20. Paid MSRP. Week 45 (Nov 8) build according to genius.

Car is loaded with Driving Assistance Pro, HK, and Premium. As of right now, the Hud is there, as is DAPP, SatRadio, everything. Shadowline and hitch were not available. The only thing missing is the digital key and passenger width/lumbar.

Let's see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 11:10 PM   #1537
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjac811 View Post
Guess I will be buying it out and waiting, never going to pay msrp let alone over msrp.
      10-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #1538
mongooze
United_States
Rep

Hi all - new member here, thought I'd add another data point on ordering. Ended up going with a local dealership at MSRP - $2k military discount.

2022 X3 M40i
Phytonic Blue / Black Sensatec
Drivers Assistance Pro Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Remote Start
Space-saver spare
Red brake calipers

The only deletions on the build sheet are the Digital Key and Passenger Lumbar.

Timeline:

October 8th - Deposit placed at dealership, told delivery in 4-8 weeks
October 11th - Asked about switching to Performance Center Delivery
October 20th - Bailed on PCD (would have added at least several weeks according to my Client Advisor)
October 25th - Received non-PCD production number for week 48 (4th week of November)
October 28th - Confirmed week 48 build with Genius

Still sitting in status 111 as of today (October 29th), haven't received any updates from the CA about changes to the build (e.g., wheels/tires), but will be calling the Genius line weekly to check.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #1539
mongooze
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongooze View Post
October 20th - Bailed on PCD (would have added at least several weeks according to my Client Advisor)
October 25th - Received non-PCD production number for week 48 (4th week of November)
November 3rd - Moved to status 112 ("Scheduled for Production"), week 49 build
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #1540
mongooze
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
November 3rd - Moved to status 112 ("Scheduled for Production"), week 49 build
November 4th - Moved to status 150 ("Production Begins")
Appreciate 0