BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

X line Pro. UK price?

Anyone have an idea how much the above trim is. Just received the accessories catalogue and it looks pretty neat. Can't find a price for it anywhere mind. Also is this fitted at the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
Powerrunner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i 2011

It's included in the Sports Package, so check the price for that package.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

It's a dealer fit that was supposed to be available in the summer. I'm not sure about how it looks with xline. You get two lines down the doors: one for xline and one for xline pro. See the black X3 in this thread which has both

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437674

You could drop xline standard and just get xline pro but then you lose the BMW door sills and the window trims. I decided against. See this thread also

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ine+pro&page=5

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh, forgot to answer the question. I am sure I saw a price online for it on bmw.co.uk but I can't see it there now at all. From memory it was £280 or something in that region but I might be making that up. BimmerUK76 will know if there is a price

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Cheers for the replies. I see what you mean by the two silver lines. As you said lose the xline and you lose the window chrome. £280! thats not the BMW I know! Oh by the way Sfax I have added the pro media package, got a discount on it also, but I did have to lose the 307 alloys, which I wasn't 100%convinced of anyway. Saying that I consoled myself by added the folding mirrors. The only thing I may add are the titanium kidney grills, which look great with black.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
I consoled myself by added the folding mirrors
- good decision. I use them a lot.

Quote:
The only thing I may add are the titanium kidney grills, which look great with black.
Agreed, they look great with black. Wait for Bimmer UK 76's photos - he's getting them on Sapphire Black. I thought about it and then decided not to but mine's silver. I may still add them.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
The only thing I may add are the titanium kidney grills, which look great with black.
Pugger you got me confused - I keep thinkg your posts are mine

Titanium Grilles will be great, you should go for them

Xline pro looks great but daft with the xline also - the two side silver strips alongside the std xline strips look weird but front and back bumpers look the part. It might be £280 sounds cheap but I bet fitting is ££££££'s

sfax makes good point re: window surrounds (if you drop normal xline) but which look good on the black

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Pugger you got me confused - I keep thinkg your posts are mine

Titanium Grilles will be great, you should go for them

Xline pro looks great but daft with the xline also - the two side silver strips alongside the std xline strips look weird but front and back bumpers look the part. It might be £280 sounds cheap but I bet fitting is ££££££'s

sfax makes good point re: window surrounds (if you drop normal xline) but which look good on the black
I'm not coping your like for like I promise! I have seen the two silver trims side by side in the pictures and it does look odd. I have asked the dealer for the costs of the pro xline and also asked if they can fit them for nowt! Do have a price for the grilles? Fitting them can't be that much, they pop on and off don't they. Further do you get the black grilles they replace back? I'd chuck these striaght on Ebay!.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Further do you get the black grilles they replace back? I'd chuck these striaght on Ebay!.
Some of American friends might be keen to take those off your hands...

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm not coping your like for like I promise! I have seen the two silver trims side by side in the pictures and it does look odd. I have asked the dealer for the costs of the pro xline and also asked if they can fit them for nowt! Do have a price for the grilles? Fitting them can't be that much, they pop on and off don't they. Further do you get the black grilles they replace back? I'd chuck these striaght on Ebay!.
You have good taste

Titanium grilles approx £150 for the pair (ask for discount, easy 5 - 8% on parts)

Fitting quoted at £67.00 (looks fiddly on X3 - possibly bumper removal)

Black grilles will be in boot when collected

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
t2vxt
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x3 black 20" alloys

I got titanium grills on ebay £62 each.Fit myself 1/2 hour.Easy job .Look mint ,well worth effort.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 02:10 AM   #12
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2vxt View Post
I got titanium grills on ebay £62 each.Fit myself 1/2 hour.Easy job .Look mint ,well worth effort.
Any tips on how to it them?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #13
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2vxt View Post
Looked tricky compared to my 520d grille that was a DIY so went for dealer fit - did you have to loosen bumper screws?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0