BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

Lurching Forward?

Okay guys, I don't think I'm imagining this. Tonight I went out to move my X3 off of the driveway and into the garage. Started up the car and stayed at a very low speed since I was just driving a short way. I entered the garage and swore the engine was revving and lurching forward a bit. Has anyone else experienced this? For reference I have an automatic 28i with convenience, tech, premium and cold weather pkgs. No sports package, no turbo.
Thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgirl View Post
Okay guys, I don't think I'm imagining this. Tonight I went out to move my X3 off of the driveway and into the garage. Started up the car and stayed at a very low speed since I was just driving a short way. I entered the garage and swore the engine was revving and lurching forward a bit. Has anyone else experienced this? For reference I have an automatic 28i with convenience, tech, premium and cold weather pkgs. No sports package, no turbo.
Thanks all!
This happened to me when I first drove home from the dealership. Were you wearing boots? The pedals are damnably close. It's very easy to tap the gas while breaking.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep

thanks ma78. i threw on sandals which, until now, i haven't worn while driving this car. i don't think i pushed the brake. after i noticed it i took my foot off of the accelerator and felt it lurch. my husband thought maybe since it hadn't had a chance to warm up and may have been at a higher idle or something like that....
you know, i may just be sensitive to how this thing drives. i had a 325xi before and it was really smooth and easier to handle...perhaps b/c it was smaller. i've never driven anything this big before.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I've not experienced that ith my 35i, but I did frequently with my former 330i. Always when the engine was cold and doing whatever that "warm-up" program is and I was trying to move slow and precise. I don't think there was anything wrong, just a bit of a conflict between the engine warming itself up (revs were higher than they would have been returning hom after commute, for instance) and fine control. Maybe the same?

Last edited by Nahoa; 03-28-2011 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep

ok nahoa, i think that's what my husband was talking about.
i made him take it out for a quick drive and he thought it was fine.
i'm not used to this car yet.
i forget that it takes a while.
thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0