BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #1
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d

I have jumped ship to the X4!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Well it probably drove my CA crazy, but I decided to go with my gut and get the X4 instead of the X3...this after placing my order...but at least it hadn't entered production yet.

Part of why I went with the X4 is because I always loved the X6...the lines, the stance, and overall sportiness. Plus I really like that it's unique.

My hesitation was because of the reduced cargo space and back seat modifications to handle the sloped roofline--the marquee feature of the X4.

But after looking at the cargo space, and thinking real-world on how I would use the space and backseats, I realized the X4 is just fine in that regard--and far more spacious than my two door Infiniti.

Plus after reading some great reviews, and articles discussing the X4's driving characteristics compared to the X3, especially an interview with a lead engineer on the X4 project, I was sold. Going from a sports car to an SUV makes the X4 a perfect mesh for me.

So here is my submitted order:

- M Sport package
- Dark Graphite paint
- 20" M Double Spoke wheels - style 310M
- Black Nevada Leather
- Fineline Anthracite Wood Trim
- LED Lighting
- Driver Assistance package
- Technology package
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Heated Front Seats

Really looking forward to this X4. My little Infiniti has been a faithful steed for eight years, but it will be nice to be back in the BMW fold.

Last edited by exilio; 08-22-2015 at 06:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Welcome to the team, was in your shoes before loved the X6 , X4 much better size and newer tech last year
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 04:14 AM   #3
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Excellent choice, good decision, you'll not regret....... I was in a similar situation, only regret I have is not have taken the 310 rims, but that can be fixed......
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 08:17 AM   #4
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'm not 100% sold on the 310 rims...I think I'd rather find some 19" alternatives with some non-RFT tires...I chose the 310's because I felt they looked the best of what was offered from the factory and I suspect they will fetch more money if and when I sell them.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

I would stick with the 310's :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

It's likely I will but I will have to see how firm the ride is. I have been riding on 19s with my Infiniti for the past eight years...and vowed I would get something less jarring in my next car. So I will have to see how the X4 and its suspension settings help mitigate stiffness when not in Sport or Sport+ mode.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
Tchgrif
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

congratulations

congratulations, we have the exact same car save for the interior mine is oyster not black but otherwise same options, I love this car more than anything i've ever driven before.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
Mungogrubb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 30D MSport, Carbon Black

Congrats I too have one on order but UK based so will wait a lot longer for mine.

Are you sure about the black interior? I have it currently in my F30 MSport and it is really dull! I've been brave and opted for Oyster and Carbon Black. Always is and should be a personal choice just thought I'd mention.

Goes without saying...post pic's when she arrives
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 12:55 AM   #9
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungogrubb View Post
Are you sure about the black interior? I have it currently in my F30 MSport and it is really dull! I've been brave and opted for Oyster and Carbon Black. Always is and should be a personal choice just thought I'd mention.
I really tried not to go with black, but none of the other colors worked for me.

- I initially thought I wanted Saddle, but when I saw it in person it was for more orange than I wanted or what I saw online.

- I considered the Mocha but couldn't find a BMW with it in person. And after how different Saddle Brown looked in person versus online, I didn't want to chance it.

- The lighter colors of leather always make me uneasy for staining and marking up.

And in the end, I know I'll like black...I guess I'm boring that way.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #10
djrobx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 m40i Flamenco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by exilio View Post
But after looking at the cargo space, and thinking real-world on how I would use the space and backseats, I realized the X4 is just fine in that regard--and far more spacious than my two door Infiniti.
LOL, I went to an X4 from a G37. The cargo carrying ability of the X4 is positively cavernous compared to what I was used to.

I couldn't quite fit a pinball machine but nothing else has been a problem.

I also have a very tall friend that sits in the back of the my X4 and finds it roomy. He said it's actually a little better than the first generation X6.
Appreciate 0