BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2021, 05:17 PM   #1
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Side truk cargo nets for X3 30e?

I've been searching for a side cargo net for both the left and right side of the trunk but have only found the left side net for non-PHEVs. Because of the extra height in the trunk due to the battery in the 30e, those won't fit.

It just seems like such a waste to have these spaces in the trunk that I could use for storage like cleaners, umbrellas, and dog supplies...but without the cargo net everything would just fall out. There are some aftermarket solutions that aren't that elegant since it's not custom for the car, but hoping someone out there knows something I don't.

Here's a photo to show the spaces I'm referring to (with the battery bump). Photo is not mine, just something I found on the internet, but I've circled the spaces.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
fndrplayer13
First Lieutenant
201
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 30e / 2018 Model 3
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Im curious to see if anybody has solved this problem...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 07:00 PM   #3
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeX3owner View Post
I've been searching for a side cargo net for both the left and right side of the trunk but have only found the left side net for non-PHEVs. Because of the extra height in the trunk due to the battery in the 30e, those won't fit.

It just seems like such a waste to have these spaces in the trunk that I could use for storage like cleaners, umbrellas, and dog supplies...but without the cargo net everything would just fall out. There are some aftermarket solutions that aren't that elegant since it's not custom for the car, but hoping someone out there knows something I don't.

Here's a photo to show the spaces I'm referring to (with the battery bump). Photo is not mine, just something I found on the internet, but I've circled the spaces.
And that's side TRUNK cargo net, apologies for the mispelling.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 07:20 PM   #4
BMWZ4
Brigadier General
BMWZ4's Avatar
1785
Rep
4,951
Posts

Drives: 2023 X1 and 2020 X3MC
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

I use these, work like a charm. Different sizes available as well

https://www.amazon.ca/Storage-BeiLan...910&sr=8-1
__________________
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 10:13 PM   #5
Ldb25
Private
12
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW X3e
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: DC, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
I use these, work like a charm. Different sizes available as well

https://www.amazon.ca/Storage-BeiLan...910&sr=8-1
I bought something very similar on Amazon in the US. Inexpensive but very functional. Tried to post the Amazon link but the site is erroring out when I try to view my order. The ones I have actually have a large pocket with an opening at the top so I keep a small first aid kit in the pocket and have the space between the car and the netting as a larger storage space.
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41785.00
      04-13-2021, 10:29 PM   #6
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
335dFan's Avatar
United_States
320
Rep
1,692
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California (east of Sacramento)

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The one I bought on Amazon a couple of months ago was called "TENACHI 2 PCS Universal Car Cargo Net Trunk Storage Pocket Elastic Seat Back" but it doesn't seem to be there any longer.
__________________
2021 X3 M40i: M Sport Differential, Adaptive M Suspension.
Previous BMWs: 1971 BMW 2002, 1973 BMW R75/5, and 2011 BMW 335d
Previous Other Vehicles: '67 Cougar, '70 911e, '86 Jetta Diesel, '05 and '12 Foresters, et al.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 10:54 PM   #7
jacko15
WannaBimmer
jacko15's Avatar
United_States
209
Rep
421
Posts

Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore

iTrader: (0)

Amazon has a selection: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Car+Stora...ref=nb_sb_noss
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Thanks, everyone. This is helpful. Not a custom fit, but i think it'll work. Now all I need is an all weather cargo mat that fits the 30e! I guess there needs to be more on the road for manufacturers to make them. Looks like BMW sells a premium one. Might splurge for that. Thanks again, forum friends.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:26 PM   #9
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
335dFan's Avatar
United_States
320
Rep
1,692
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California (east of Sacramento)

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeX3owner View Post
Thanks, everyone. This is helpful. Not a custom fit, but i think it'll work. Now all I need is an all weather cargo mat that fits the 30e! I guess there needs to be more on the road for manufacturers to make them. Looks like BMW sells a premium one. Might splurge for that. Thanks again, forum friends.
I have the Space Saver Spare on my X3 M40i, and I think it raises the rear cargo floor about the same amount as the 30e. Anyway, Weathertech is what I bought for the cargo liner and there was a specific option for my vehicle, maybe the same as for yours. I was also interested in getting the cargo liner from Canvasback for use when vehicle camping, but at this time they do not offer a version for the raised floor of mine at least. I communicated with them back and forth, sending pictures and measurements and answering their questions, but it was a no go.
__________________
2021 X3 M40i: M Sport Differential, Adaptive M Suspension.
Previous BMWs: 1971 BMW 2002, 1973 BMW R75/5, and 2011 BMW 335d
Previous Other Vehicles: '67 Cougar, '70 911e, '86 Jetta Diesel, '05 and '12 Foresters, et al.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:11 AM   #10
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldb25 View Post
I bought something very similar on Amazon in the US. Inexpensive but very functional. Tried to post the Amazon link but the site is erroring out when I try to view my order. The ones I have actually have a large pocket with an opening at the top so I keep a small first aid kit in the pocket and have the space between the car and the netting as a larger storage space.
That's awesome. They seem to have a model specifically for my car, but the photos shown are stock...I think I'll order one and see. Will keep you updated...thank you.
https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2020...e/cargo-liner/
Appreciate 1
Ldb2511.50
      04-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #11
fndrplayer13
First Lieutenant
201
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 30e / 2018 Model 3
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeX3owner View Post
That's awesome. They seem to have a model specifically for my car, but the photos shown are stock...I think I'll order one and see. Will keep you updated...thank you.
https://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2020...e/cargo-liner/
I have an x30e and I have this truck liner. It fits 100% perfectly.

Here are some pics of my car with the weathertech mats: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=367
Appreciate 1
Ldb2511.50
      04-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #12
TXBDan
Private First Class
44
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: X3 30e, Cayman S, E30 racecar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

I have the weathertech 30e cargo liner as well and indeed, it fits well and does the job.
Appreciate 1
Ldb2511.50
      04-16-2021, 02:12 AM   #13
Isawelvis
Second Lieutenant
81
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3, 2015 ML350,
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Side cargo net

I have 2021 X3 with spare tire option. I found an OEM net that came on other model X3s, and install it in my car. It took a little work in that had to drill some holes in the side panel for the metal fasteners. I only installed it in the left, ie driver side of the car. Note I have the raised floor Also, I have the SD rear cargo mat. They sell one for the normal flat floor and the raised floor like mine.
Attached Images
 
__________________
NKAWTG-N

Last edited by Isawelvis; 04-16-2021 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: additional info
Appreciate 2
jacko15208.50
Plusforce117.00
      04-17-2021, 12:57 PM   #14
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isawelvis View Post
I have 2021 X3 with spare tire option. I found an OEM net that came on other model X3s, and install it in my car. It took a little work in that had to drill some holes in the side panel for the metal fasteners. I only installed it in the left, ie driver side of the car. Note I have the raised floor Also, I have the SD rear cargo mat. They sell one for the normal flat floor and the raised floor like mine.
Oh interesting. It looks like that net fits the raised floor pretty well. From the way it looks, the bump is pretty similar in height to the 30e. I found the net as an OEM part as well, but wasn't sure if it would fit because of the slight curve and angle in the plastic. Looks like it fits pretty well. Where did you get your mat?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #15
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fndrplayer13 View Post
I have an x30e and I have this truck liner. It fits 100% perfectly.

Here are some pics of my car with the weathertech mats: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=367
These are great photos. Looks like it fits perfectly. I'm wondering if the price difference is worth the rubber extending over the metal bump. BMW's OEM liner covers that part as well, but it's close to $200.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 07:19 PM   #16
Isawelvis
Second Lieutenant
81
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3, 2015 ML350,
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

3D Maxpider Rear Cargo mat for X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeX3owner View Post
Oh interesting. It looks like that net fits the raised floor pretty well. From the way it looks, the bump is pretty similar in height to the 30e. I found the net as an OEM part as well, but wasn't sure if it would fit because of the slight curve and angle in the plastic. Looks like it fits pretty well. Where did you get your mat?
They have two models one for flat floor and one for raised floor like my X3 with spare tire. I have used this brand on my other cars and always been happy with them


https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-M...701342&sr=8-19
__________________
NKAWTG-N
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 11:32 PM   #17
yangz85
NewtoBMW
United_States
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW X3
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Missing covering?

Hi, I'm new to BMW and I just bought a 2021 BMW X3. When i open the side trunk, I noticed that the left trunk is exposed whereas the right trunk has this soft covering. Is this normal?
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 11:45 PM   #18
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangz85 View Post
Hi, I'm new to BMW and I just bought a 2021 BMW X3. When i open the side trunk, I noticed that the left trunk is exposed whereas the right trunk has this soft covering. Is this normal?
No, both sides should have a hard cover. If you bought this from a dealership, you should ask for them. Maybe the service guys forgot to put them back.

If you donít have the hybrid, it should look like the image here.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 11:46 PM   #19
wannabeX3owner
Private First Class
71
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3 30e
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangz85 View Post
Hi, I'm new to BMW and I just bought a 2021 BMW X3. When i open the side trunk, I noticed that the left trunk is exposed whereas the right trunk has this soft covering. Is this normal?
Ah, I see that you took the hard covers off (i see it laying on the floor of the trunk in one of the photos). Mine doesnít have any soft coverings on either side.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 12:20 AM   #20
yangz85
NewtoBMW
United_States
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW X3
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeX3owner View Post
Ah, I see that you took the hard covers off (i see it laying on the floor of the trunk in one of the photos). Mine doesnít have any soft coverings on either side.
Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
boot, cargo, net, storage, trunk, x3 30e

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST