BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-23-2024, 03:21 AM   #1
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Speed Camera warning ping - change volume

My iDrive has recently reset itself a few times. It seems to have done the long press on the volume button, without it being physically pressed.

Since this occurred, the volume of the speed camera warning ping has increased considerably. It is now at an annoying level, as opposed to just a warning ping.

Does anybody know where I go to change the volume of this warning? I have checked the settings, and also checked in the Speed Camera app. All to no avail.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 04:24 AM   #2
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
My iDrive has recently reset itself a few times. It seems to have done the long press on the volume button, without it being physically pressed.

Since this occurred, the volume of the speed camera warning ping has increased considerably. It is now at an annoying level, as opposed to just a warning ping.

Does anybody know where I go to change the volume of this warning? I have checked the settings, and also checked in the Speed Camera app. All to no avail.
Has the volume of BMW navigation or other aspects of the car talking changed ?

I don't recall ever seeing a specific volume setting, just the audio alert on/off toggle on the Safety Camera app. Wondered if it could fall under the general BMW talking at you volume.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 06:20 AM   #3
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Has the volume of BMW navigation or other aspects of the car talking changed ?

I don't recall ever seeing a specific volume setting, just the audio alert on/off toggle on the Safety Camera app. Wondered if it could fall under the general BMW talking at you volume.
I didn't think about the nav instruction volume. I rarely use it. I'll set a route and see if that is loud as well.

I have tried changing the volume when it pings at me, but the ping is so short that it has reverted to the radio by the time I reach the volume control!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 06:37 AM   #4
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I didn't think about the nav instruction volume. I rarely use it. I'll set a route and see if that is loud as well.

I have tried changing the volume when it pings at me, but the ping is so short that it has reverted to the radio by the time I reach the volume control!
You could also try “Hey BMW” voice and adjust the voice volume when it’s replying.
Appreciate 1
GDEvans416.50
      04-23-2024, 12:46 PM   #5
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
You could also try “Hey BMW” voice and adjust the voice volume when it’s replying.
It will probably say sarcastically 'You shouldn't need warning any louder or deserve a ticket!'
Appreciate 1
avi662767.00
      04-23-2024, 01:09 PM   #6
PK2348
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xdrive

Quote:

The sound itself is controlled through one of the installed apps. I like mine silent, but a while back it started making sounds, so I had to disable it through that BMW app, but it's not myBMW, its one of the preinstalled ones in the car
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 03:20 PM   #7
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
The sound itself is controlled through one of the installed apps. I like mine silent, but a while back it started making sounds, so I had to disable it through that BMW app, but it's not myBMW, its one of the preinstalled ones in the car
The OP wants to adjust alert volume, and the Safety Camera app doesn’t do this, it just toggles the audio alert on or off.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 12:08 PM   #8
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Unfortunately neither the "Hey BMW" or Sat Nav Voice volume adjustments changed how loud the ping is. Going to try a manual reset of the iDrive to see if this changes it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 03:43 AM   #9
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately neither the "Hey BMW" or Sat Nav Voice volume adjustments changed how loud the ping is. Going to try a manual reset of the iDrive to see if this changes it.
Bit of a mystery.
Appreciate 0